Scream

Chapter 8

Living with Brian was a blur. I wasn’t sure when we were coming or going. We seemed to always be on the go- to go to some where. It was the first day that we had finally stopped. I suppose Brian didn’t want me to think about Tessa, but if he wanted to do that, then he would have to work a lot harder then what he was.

I was currently sitting on the couch, trying to get some sleep. The blazing sun shown in through the windows and the humming of the air conditioning could be heard through out the house. These small things were some of the reasons why sleep was impossible. I grumbled and sat up. I noticed the car keys that were once there, were no longer there. Sighing, I tried to make my way to the kitchen, without getting lost.

I found it with no problem and grabbed a wine glass from the cabinet above the wine rack. I looked over the labels, clicking my tongue. I stumbled on an Arbor Mist, blackberry flavor. It was always one of my favorites. I assumed that Brian didn’t drink it and he wasn’t home. I looked at the bottle and then at the glass. My thoughts traveled back to Tessa and all of the things we have been through and all of the fun times we had. Without taking another thought to the situation, I grabbed the bottle and the glass. I headed back to the living room and set both the wine and the glass on the table. I looked through the movies and settled on The Notebook. I put it in and popped open the cap on the wine bottle and poured myself a half glass to start with. I glanced at the clock, it was only five twenty three.

My loneliness didn’t subside, nor did the yearning to be back in Kansas again. The only thing that would stick with me until the day that I die, is the memories that I had with my Mother. What a vulgar woman she was. I was glad to be rid of her, but something deep down always told me something different. I never knew what it was. After thinking about this for a few more minutes, I downed my half glass, then filled the glass up to the top. I was planning on numbing out my thoughts before six.

Time Elapse

“Samantha?” A males voice asked timidly. He sounded concerned. With in my half way drunken state, I looked over to the direction in which the voice came from and saw Zack, looking confused. His green eyes looked between the wine glass, the bottle of liquor and myself with a confused face on.

“Yes Zack?” Despite being drunk ( but I wasn’t drunk enough to act stupid like most people normally do) my speech was perfect, like I was sober. After all I was on my last glass. I had started with a full bottle and now it is empty. I was thinking about going to fetch another when I had finished this glass.

“You got into the liquor, I see.” He said, sitting next to me. I simply nodded and took another gulp of the liquid, the burning that it once had in my throat was gone, I set the nearly empty glass down on the table and paused the movie. “Does Brian know about this?” He asked raising an eye brow.

I scoffed and shook my head. He didn’t give me any rules, so I had no rules to comply by. I was certainly positive that this would be the first rule set into place; No drinking. I gave Zack a small smile.

“Ah!” He said in realization. He nodded and took off his shoes, resting his feet on the table, being cautious of my wine glass and empty wine bottle. “You don’t want me to tell him, do you?” He smirked, like he had just figured out the most obvious thing in the world.

I shrugged my shoulders. “I don’t really care. He can’t do anything to me, in a sense. So if you tell him I wouldn’t care and if you didn’t then I still wouldn’t care.” I said, taking my final mouthful of alcohol, and then I headed to the kitchen with my trash and dirty glass. Zack followed me, keeping an eye on me. I wasn’t stumbling or anything of the sort. For my small size, I could hold my liquor well. I threw the bottle away and rinsed out the glass before putting it in the dishwasher. I turned to look at a curious Zack.

“Was it a whole bottle when you got to it?” He asked, eyeing the trash can, then the wine rack, suspiciously.

I nodded and rolled my eyes playfully. I straightened myself up and looked at Zack. My gaze was serious. Zack seemed to notice because he straightened himself up right. He locked his jaw, like something was coming. “Why are you here any ways?” I questioned raising my eye brow.

Zack just chuckled and shook his head. “Brian was going to be later getting home then he had anticipated, so he sent me over here to keep an eye on you.” He said, walking back to the living room. I followed him, sitting down on the empty side of the couch, sighing.

“So you’re like my person baby sitter?” I scoffed, slightly offended by the fact that Brian considered me as a child, in need of being watched.

“Yup.”

“Well, you’re starting off on the work foot.” I laughed and shook my head. The screen saver came on the television.

“How so?” He asked, slightly amused by my pervious statement.

“I’m already drunk, and I got in this predicament before you got here.” I explained the best way I knew how. Zack faced changed from confused to scared. I would say that I wouldn’t want to be on Brian’s bad side either.

“What are we going to tell him?” Zack asked in a harsh, but calm, mellow tone. I shrugged and Zack groaned.

“What is there to tell me?” Brian asked as he walked into the living room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lack of updating.
I have had a lot to do.

Comments = updates