Status: Slowly active...

Behind This Smile

The Tour

While Mikey linked arms with me, Gerard stood uncomfortably next to him. Mikey pulled me around their house, stopping to say something like, "This is the bathroom. This where you... do your business" and then pull me around some more.

He showed me his bedroom. His bedroom wasn't any different from any other bedroom I've been in. Gerard followed us, not saying anything, just standing there. Mikey opened his mouth to say something, but his mom called him.

"Coming!" he yelled. "Gerard, show Sydri your room, okay?" He left and Gerard seemed to have a little scowl.

"Do you really want to see my room?" He was obviously hoping I'd say no. I wasn't really that interested in the tour, so why would I be any more interested in his room?

"No. It's okay." He nodded, and he looked like he relaxed just a bit.

Mikey seemed to have heard everything because he yelled, "Show her your damn room, Gerard!" Gerard rolled his eyes, annoyed.

"Fine. Come see my room." He got in front of me, and I followed him as he lead me to his room. He opened his door, gently pushed me in. I narrowed my eyes, but I don't think he saw me considering his room was almost pitch black except for a little window.

I could see his room, though. It was probably the most interesting room out of the hall, bathroom, and Mikey's room. His room had drawings everywhere, and just weird little things that made it much more interesting.

I hesitantly walked over to one of the drawings. It was perfectly detailed. It seemed to be a kind of a comic book character. His expression was noted, the whole suit, the way he stood almost too sure of himself. I just looked at it, afraid to pick it up, touch it; it seemed almost perfect.

"Did you draw this?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper. How could someone with so much hate have so much talent?

I wasn't sure if he was still in the room. It was so quiet. But a shadow darkened the drawing. I looked behind me and there stood Gerard, eyeing the drawing, too. "Yeah, I did," he almost whispered back. I wondered why we were whispering, probably because I started it, but he didn't have to whisper back.

"It's really good," I complimented. I looked around the room, and saw some more. Some seemed more dark more than others. Mummies, zombies, vampires. Then there was the comic book heroes, some were made up, and a few Batman ones. They all were amazing. Breath takingly amazing.

"Did you draw all of these?" Stupid question. Of course he did.

"Yeah." He watched me intently as walked over to some other of the drawings.

"You're really good."

Another shadow overcast me. "Thanks," he said. "Everyone else thinks I'm good, too. I'm okay, I guess."

I turned around. "You're amazing." I looked back at the drawing. I didn't know why I was being so nice to him. Maybe because he offered a peace treaty, I don't know. But even if I hated him like I did before - or still do - , all that hate almost seemed to disappear. "I wish I had this kind of talent."

Gerard laughed. I glanced back at him. "What?"

"Your not good at anything?" He didn't say it in a rude tone, he looked amused. I narrowed my eyes at him. He saw it this time because he mimicked me.

"Not really," I replied. "All I can do is..." I bit my lip and thought. I was good at eating, but isn't everyone? I shrugged. "Nothing memorable." I bit my lip again. "I'm sort of good at the piano. But that's it. Not going to get me anywhere in life."

He shook his head. "I'm sure it'll get you somewhere. If that's what you want to do for the rest of your life."

I chuckled. "I don't want to do anything for the rest of my life."

Gerard chuckled, too, heading towards his door. "You could do that, too." I followed him back to the living room, and Mikey was on the couch watching something I don't think he even liked.

"What'cha watching?" I asked, sitting next to him.

He shrugged. "I don't know." His eyes went back to the TV and he finally just turned off the TV. He glanced at Gerard who was sitting at the table with Donna and my dad. "Ya'll were in there for a while." I shrugged. "What did you do?"

"I looked at some of his drawings. He's amazing."

He nodded. "Yeah, I know. He's good. He's also a pretty decent person." I looked at him, then at Gerard. He laughed along with his mom and my dad. I glanced back at Mikey, who had his eyebrows raised.

--

We had been there for almost an hour before I started to doze off. My dad didn't look like we would be leaving anytime soon, I was fixing to pass out. Mikey already had, and Gerard was still talking with Donna and my dad.

I got up from the couch, stretching, and walked to my dad. I decided I would walk. It took us almost fve minutes to get here by car, it would only take me about ten to get back home.

I tapped my dad on the shoulder and he looked at me. "Hey, I'm going to walk home, okay?"

Dad looked at me. "No, sweetie, it's okay, I'll drive you." He started to get up, but I pushed him back down in the chair.

I laughed. "No, Dad. You stay. I'll call you when I get there, okay? Then you won't have to worry." He looked a little surprised, but nodded.

Gerard shrugged and got up. "Hey, I'll walk with you." I almost did a double take. He'll walk with me? I nodded. We walked out of his house. It was really dark and cold. Not to mention scary.

"I'm usually not allowed to come outside, especially this late, but I guess your an exception." I smiled.

"I've never been out this late," I commented. "I couldn't let my dad take me home, though. He looked like he was having fun. I've never seen him laugh so much since Mom died." Gerard glanced at me through the corner of his eye.

"You love your dad, don't you."

I nodded. Gerard sighed. I stuck my hands in my hoodie pockets. Mikey was right - as of right now - Gerard is a pretty decent person.
♠ ♠ ♠
Taadaa!! Not very good, but whatever. I had to make him nice sooner or later. >.<
Hopefully, I'll get the next chapter out by Thursday. :D