Status: Slowly active...

Behind This Smile

Evil lunch ladies and lunches

Sydri POV

It pissed me off that Nicola was coming back after only about one week. She’s the reason I had to cut my hair. But I was told to get over it. So I was trying. Mr. Warlock told me that if she caused me any problems, then to tell him, but I’m not a snitch.

My dad drove me to school. He’s been telling me that he wants to spend some more time together. Yet he stills spends all his time at Wal - Mart. The weird thing is he never comes home with anything. Absolutely nothing at all.

I’ve tried asking him about that, but all he says that he couldn’t find what he was looking for. He never finds what he’s looking for.

“You going to be at Wal - Mart again during dinner, Dad?” I asked.

“Unfortunately,” he answered. “Hopefully this time I’ll find what I need.” He smiled. Once again, never reaching his eyes.

“Is it really Wal - Mart you’re at everyday?” I asked him. He stopped in the school parking lot.

He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. “Yes,” he sighed. “Now… Just go. I don’t want you to be late.” I nodded and got out of the car. I walked into the school building. I saw Nicola talking to three guys, flirting with every single one of them. I rolled my eyes and walked to my locker.

“Hey, sunshine!” Mikey yelled, making everyone look at me. He walked up to me, Frank, Ray, and even Gerard behind him. “How’s life?”

“Nicola is here,” I mumbled. I didn’t want Gerard to hear me, him liking her and all. “Do you see her slutting it up with those guys?”

Mikey laughed. “No need to whisper, Syd. Just because Gerard likes her doesn’t mean you have to be nice and not talk about how much of a bitch she is around him.”

Gerard glared at Mikey. “I don’t like her. Not anymore.”

Mikey laughed. “Since when?”

“Since a while ago.”

“O…kay.”

I sighed. “Do you guys ever shut up?”

Frank shrugged. “Most of the time they’re nice to each other.”

Mikey held a look of mock offense. “You want me to shut up?” he asked, placing a hand over his heart. “That is… Wow. Rude. You totally ruined my day. You’re such a downer, Sydri.”

I laughed. “Yeah, I know. Well, I’m going to get to class.”

Gerard looked at me. “Yeah. I’ll go with you since we have math together and what not.” I nodded and started walking, Gerard by my side. “I see your ankle is all better,” he commented.

“Yeah. Thanks, by the way. You made me realize I have a fear of piggyback rides.”

He laughed. I smiled and laughed, too. “That’s what I do. Show people that piggyback rides are dangerous and lethal.”

“They are. Or the ones you give.”

“Hey! You were the one choking me! I had to defend myself somehow!”

“Yeah, by killing me!” We both laughed and I quickly glanced down at my shoes when Matt, Jake, and Nicola passed by us.

Gerard got silent and we walked into the classroom. I was surprised to see we were the first ones there. Mr. Warlock had a look of shock on his face, probably because Gerard and I came in together, but he smiled at both of us.

“Good morning,” he said. “How’s your dad, Sydri?” he asked.

I knitted my eyebrows together. “Why does everyone keep asking how my dad is? He’s okay. He’s fine.”

Mr. Warlock nodded and glanced at Gerard who had his lips pursed together. “Okay. I’m sorry. I won’t ask again.”

--

I actually sat with all of the guys at lunch today. At first I was heading over to the table I usually sit at when Mikey walked over to their table. But Mikey grabbed me by my elbow and pulled me to their table. And Gerard didn’t complain.

“Are you guys still in those counseling sessions, or whatever?” Ray asked.

I shrugged, but Gerard nodded. “I tried to talk Mr. Warlock out of it, but we have to. For the rest of the year.” I rolled my eyes, hoping Gerard didn’t see. I still didn’t understand why we have to counsel each other.

Mikey sighed. “Bummer.” He stabbed the food on the tray. “I think this is spray painted plastic,” Mikey grumbled.

“Probably is,” Ray replied.

“Dude, I know it is. I swear,” Mikey argued.

Ray laughed. “Okay! It is!”

Frank looked at me. “So, the word on the street is you’re a vegetarian.”

I smiled and nodded. “Yup. Since seventh grade.”

“That’s cool. I’m a vegetarian, too.”

“Yeah. Mikey told me.”

“Figures.” He smiled and laughed.

I looked up and saw Mikey still stabbing his food. He looked up at me with wide eyes. “I’m trying to cut this in pieces and it just won’t move.” Gerard made a face and I laughed at Mikey.

“I don’t know what to tell you except, lunch ladies hate kids. Which is why they try to kill us with their food.

Mikey giggled. “Evil food. Evil lunch ladies.” His eyes lit up. “You know what would be weird? The lunch ladies and the food got minds of their own and tried to kill everyone. Then everyone they killed, they would become evil food and/or lunch ladies. Kinda like vampires, ya know? Except instead of biting people to turn them into food or lunch ladies, the evil lunch ladies make the kids eat the evil food, and the kids become evil food or lunch ladies. Or both.” Mikey stopped and took a deep breath.

We all gave Mikey worried glances. “Yeah, Mikey,” Ray said, giving him a thumbs up. “Sure…”

Mikey smiled. “I have a very active imagination.”

Gerard looked quite terrified. “I’m actually kind of scared.”

Frank looked at Gerard. “Of evil lunches and lunch ladies?”

Gerard shook his head. “No. Of Mikey.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again, sucky. But oh, well. I love Mikey.

This chapter is dedicated to Poison_Ivy because she makes me laugh :DD

And loverfayce and her kangaroo shoes. XD

Comment?
Subscribe?
:)