Status: Slowly active...

Behind This Smile

Winning

Sydri POV

After knocking whoever's books down, I fast-walked out of there to save me from sheer embarassment. But Mr. Warlock called me before I could actually make my way out of the room.

I quickly walked back in there, my head down, and stopped by Mr. W's desk. I moved the hair out of my eyes and watched as everyone left the room.

"How's your dad?" Mr. Warlock asked once it was just us two.

"He was a little sick this morning, but he said it was no big deal," I reassured him... and myself.

"So, nothing unsual?"

I furrowed my brow. There was totally something I didn't know. "Mr. W, if I should know--"

"No, Syd. I was just wondering since you told me he went to the doctor a couple weeks ago."

I nodded. "Yeah. He told me the doctor said he just had a cold."

"You didn't go with him?" he asked in disbelief.

"This is my dad we're talking about. He can go to the doctor by himself." I grabbed my backpack. "I have to get to my next class." I turned on my heel and headed out the door.

I always hated walking in the hallways in between classes. That's when you have my sister and her friends always gang up on me. I stuffed my hands in my pockets and walked to my locker, keeping my eyes on my old Converse shoes.

I felt an arm slither around my shoulder, just like a snake. "Go away, asshole," I muttered.

"No," said Jake. One of Nicola's evil pets. "I wanna play a little game."

I pushed him off me. "I don't feel like playing."

He grabbed me by my ams and slammed me against the lockers. "You're going to play whether you like it or not, emo bitch."

I clenched my fists together. "Go... away," I said with a little more force.

"Make me," he whispered as he gently kissed me on my neck.

I pushed him off again and slapped him. "Leave me alone!"

He pushed me against the lockers again. "Fiesty. I like them that way." He started kissing my neck, and at the time I began wondering where Nicola was. She was usually with him.

"I'm sure you do like them that way in the bed," I mumbled.

"You could come over to my house tonight..."

"I perfer to stay STD free, thank you." I also started wondering if he liked me, considering he was always harrassing me.

I managed to get out of his grasp, and I walked passed him, and everyone who watched our "little game". I also saw the guy whose books I knocked over, and he was staring at me intently.

Lunch was the worst part of everyday. That's when you really got a close look at all the cliques. And you never had to sit and stare at them to figure out who belongs to what. You could just hear them, overpowering your thoughts.

And it wasn't everyone. Mainly, you have one clique. The clique. Populars. Always and forever the populars will rule the school.

I sat at a table all by myself. Everyday. Everybody looks at me like I'm some kind of freak that needs to be put out of it's misery.

Soon there was a shadow above me, and I didn't dare look up. I just stared at the table until someone said, "Not hungry?" I looked up and saw a guy with thick rimmed glasses and light brown hair. He smiled slightly. "Can I sit here?"

I didn't know exactly what to say- Yes, though would've been a perfect answer- so I just nodded. He sat down next to me and I noticed he didn't have a tray, either. "Not hungry?" I mocked.

He chuckled. "I supose I deserved that. I'm Mikey." He held out his hand.

"Sydri," I said, shaking his hand. I pushed the hair from my eyes.

"Why do you sit here all alone?" he asked.

I looked at him through the corner of my eye. "I have no one else to sit by." I looked at the table again. "Never did."

I saw him nod. "But you're harmless," he pressed. Maybe thinking aloud.

"You don't know that," I teased, a small smile tugging at my lips.

"Well, aren't you?" He glanced at me, a grin on his face.

"I don't even know the answer to that," I replied.

"You are one strange person," he commented.

"Strange? Of course! Person? Barely." I turned to look at him, and I smirked at him.

"Do you not grow tired of this game?" he retorted.

"Never."

"Well, I do." He smiled.

"It's my game and I decide when to end it."

"Hmm... I sense you're challenging me."

"Even if, you'll never win. Not if it's against me."

He grinned again and cocked his head. "What makes you so sure, Sydri?"

"Everything in the world."

"You're confident," he stated.

I laughed. "No, not really. Mr. Mikes, if you can't tell, I'm joking with you."

"No shit, sherlock," he replied.

I opened my mouth to say something, but I didn't have anything to say.

He had a smug look on his face. "Looks like I just won."
♠ ♠ ♠
It seems longer. To me.
Comments?
Maybe?
Please?
=)