Status: Slowly active...

Behind This Smile

So Long And Goodnight

“I really like it here,” Gerard said over the phone. I smiled and chuckled.

“It’s great here, too,” I responded, rolling my eyes at my roommate, Roxanne, who was making faces at me. “When do you, um… think you can to Texas?” I asked, biting the inside of my cheek.

There was a short pause. “I’m… not sure actually.”

“Oh.”

“Actually, Syd, I-I wanted to talk to you about that. I really like you - you know that, right?”

I nodded while saying yes. My heart raced, and although I knew this was going to happen anyway, it still made me nervous.

“I just- I… I don’t think we can do-”

“A long-distance relationship,” I finished for him.

He sighed. “Yeah. Syd, I-I didn’t-”

“No, no. It’s fine. I was thinking the same thing, too. It’ll be too hard. I was just hoping you’d be the first one to say something.” Roxanne furrowed her eyebrows at me and shook her head. I waved her off.

“Maybe in the future? I mean, I don’t want to let you go forever.”

“Yeah, yeah. I don’t want to let you go forever, either. Listen, Gerard, I have to go. Call me later, okay?” I hung up my phone and Roxanne walked over to me.

“Liar, liar.” Then she hugged me. “You going to be okay?”

“Why wouldn’t I be?”

Her blue eyes looked me up and down, but she smiled and said, “You’ll see him again. No worries; you’ll see him again.”

--

“Who’s twenty-one?!” Roxanne yelled as she ran into my bedroom jumping on my bed.

“Sydri’s twenty-one,” I mumbled, trying to kick her off. I failed, but rolled over and tried to get back to sleep.

“I’m making today your best birthday ever! Believe me! Best!” she yelled. I groaned and she laid down next to me. “Best,” she whispered.

--

“Do you want a beer or some vodka or…” Roxanne’s sentence trialed off as she got every single alcoholic drink out of out refrigerator.

“I want a Dr. Pepper,” I sighed. “I’m not fully awake. Later.”

“Oh! You party pooper! You’re fuckin’ insane. Dr. Pepper.” She threw one at me anyway.

I spent most of birthday watching TV and wondering what Roxanne was doing. She was crazy, but I loved my spunky roommate.

--

“Hello, hey, hi! I’m baa-aack!” Roxanne bounded threw the doors. “You’ll love what I got you.”

--

We didn’t do anything special for my birthday. I didn’t want to go to any clubs or anything. I just watched scary movies until the doorbell rang.

Roxanne jumped out of her chair. “Oh! Sydri! Answer the door! Answer it, answer it, answer it!”

I groaned, but got off my ass and walked to the door. Roxanne squealed excitedly and clapped. I rolled my eyes and opened the door.

Roxanne screamed and laughed. I gasped.

“Happy birthday, Sydri,” he said, pulling me into a hug and kissing my forehead.
♠ ♠ ♠
There. It sucked. Don't lie.

I just want to thinnk everybody who commented, read, and subscribed. You guys are insanely awesome, and I thank you soo much. :D

I wanted everyone to know, when I first started this story, it was going to go in a whole different direction. I was going to have a sequel and everything. But I just got tired of this story. Which is why these last chapters have been a little bit rushed. :o

I might have a short sequel. Like two, three chapters. Might.

Oh, and if you were wondering where Bob was, he was going to be a really big part in the original sequel. So... yeah.

Once again, thank you. Really. Thank you. <3

By the way, I'm kind of sort of a gleek.

Oh, and my friend urged me to get a Twitter, and I did. So... stalk me? :P click