I'm Not Like Your Guitar, You Can't Play Me

Art Class: Semester 2

"Hey loser!"
Jessy put her head down as she walked in the hallways. She had just gotten her ipod taken away and now she could hear everything.
"HAHA LOOK AT HER!" One of the guys in the hall called out to his friends.
Jessy tried to keep her head down and look where she was going, but it was too late. She ran into someone, landing herself and the other person on their asses.
"Shit, I'm sorry." Jessy mumbles, getting up and bending over to help pick up the persons books.
"It's alright. It's my fault."
Jessy chances a look, and stares when she see's who she ran into. It was Jason Rickson. The biggest punk in the school. He had the respect and fear of almost all the kids at her high school, and Jessy had just run into him.
"I am so fucking sorry." She tells him, handing him his books.
He smiles at her and she feels her heart flutter. She looks down, blushing.
"Nice hair." He states, walking past her.
Jessy groans and starts walking to her Art class.

Jessy has shoulder length black hair with blue streaks in them. Of course it was dyed, her natural color was a plain brown. Her eyes were a natural bright blue, so she kept the blue streaks when ever she added other colors to the mix. Jessy had decided to wear her Tripp black and blue knuckle zip off pants with her black grommet and stud hoodie.

Jessy slides into a seat at the back, hoping that no one would notice her this semester. She pulls out a notebook and starts writing, adding onto the song she had started during English.


And I can't keep screaming
I'm losing my voice
And my mind is spinning


"Can I read it?" A voice asks her.
Jessy looks up, putting her arm over her notebook and staring at the guy. She closes her eyes for a second when she realizes it's Jason again.

"No." She states, closing the book.
"Why not?" He asks her.
She rolls her eyes, and looks up at the front as the teacher starts roll call.
"Come on please." He asks, whispering now.
Jessy shakes her head, not turning to look at him.
"Alright, now for assigned seats." Ms. Broshen announces.
"Shit." Jessy mumbles.
Jessy watches Jason get up and walk to the teacher, talking in hushed whispers before the woman nods.
"Rickson and Bridges." The teacher calls off first.
Jessy groans as Jason walks to the back of the room again with a smirk on his face. She lays her head on the desk when he sits down next to her.
"Now you have no choice but to show me." He tells her.
"How does that work?" She asks him, confused.
"Instead of being stuck with anyone else in the room, you get me." He replies.
Jessy looks up and notices a guy she knows sitting a few seats away from her, also in the back row and then looks back at Jason with a glare.
"Yea, but you didn't realize there is one other person here that I'd rather sit with." She snaps.
He looks at her, and then down the row. When he looks back at her he has a smirk on his face.
"I can arrange that seating too." He tells her.
"Oh just screw off already." She snaps.
"I'm hurt." Jason mumbles, smirking at her.
"Ok class, get out some sketch paper and pencils." She announces.
Jessy pulls out her sketchbook and her set of pencils, noticing that Jason does the same.
"I want you to sketch out a design for something you want. Anything. A tatoo, a poster, a picture, anything." she announces.

Jessy starts to draw, first a crescent moon, and then the northern star; She stops and looks down at it.
"It's nice." Jason comments.
"Leave me alone." She whines.
She hears Jason chuckle and looks up. He started a sketch of a person, she could tell it was a girl by the way the eyelashes were longer, and her eyes were round and questioning. Jessy shakes her head and looks back down to her paper; she pulls out a thicker pencil and shades in where the rest of the moon should be. Then she takes out her thinnest pencil and starts to draw in her initals, wrapping them between the star and the moon.
"Let me guess, a tattoo?" Jason asks.
Jessy looks up again and sees he's staring down at her paper.
"Not that it's any of your business, but yes." She tells him.
Jason grins as he looks up at her.
"I'm almost done my sketch." He tells her proudly.
She rolls her eyes again and looks back at her paper, then up at the clock. Her eyes widen, almost half the class was already over. She groans and looks back at her paper. She adds some twisting lines to her initials and then colors them in with a darker pencil.
"I'm done." He tells her.
Jessy groans under her breath and looks up.
"I don't care." She tells him.
"Want to see?" He asks, ignoring her statement.
"No."
"Ok." He tells her, holding his paper up, ignoring her last comment.
Jessy's eyes widen when she realizes that his portrait sketch was of her. She looked at the hair, dark where it was black and light where it should be blue, and the eyes, so light and the lips; It was her smiling.
"You've never seen me smile." She comments quietly.
"You were with that kid over there." He comments, pointing down the row.
Jessy closes her eyes and remembers the day she last saw him.


"It's Jessy right?"
Jessy looks up from where she's sitting under the tree to find Aaron Marshall, one of the guys who sat behind the school and smoked cigarette's with her, staring down at her.
"Yea." She replies.
"My sister just bought me some Reds, I was wondering if you wanted to go out back and have one with me?" He asked timidly.
Jessy smiled. She actually smiled up at him as he took her hand and helped her up, grabbing her bag and putting it over his shoulder.


"Earth to Jessica." Jason's voice cuts through her memory.
"What?" She snaps.
"Class is over." He tells her, smirking.
She puts her books into her bag and stands up.
"What class do you have next?" Jason asks her.
"I don't remember." She lies, walking out of the classroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is short, but it's only to see how you all like it.