Status: Hiatus

Up Against The Wall

Band Practice

We got to the house that the flyer had said the auditions were at and I heard music. Immediately I liked the band. I pulled Hailey out of the car after she had parked and walked quickly up the driveway to an open garage. I watched as they practiced, checking out the band.

One of them was the guy I had met at school, Clark. Another had short blond hair and baby blue eyes, he was playing the drums. The bassist was the only girl, and she had long black hair, steaked with red, and dark brown eyes. The other guitarist had long blond hair and looked like he might have been related to the drummer.

The musci stopped and I noticed the girl standing at a mic. She had bright pink hair and peircings galour. I adn't heard any singing when I had walked up, so I wondered what she had been doing. Then I realized that she must not have known the song. I watched her as Clark walked over and said something to her quietly. She nodded sadly and I guessed that she hadn't gotten the position.

Clark sighed and turned towards the open door. That was when he noticed me and Hailey watching them. He girnned and walked over to us.

"You made it!" He exclaimed.

"Told you I might. I brought a friend. This is Hailey." I introduced her and watched as the head of the drummer's head shot up.

He glanced at her and then his eyes widened. He looked away quickly and my eyebrows raised in confusion, but I blew it off and turned back to Clark. He was talking animatedly with Hailey about what kind of music they played. I tried to listen and find out what had missed, but I didn't get much of a change when the blond guitarist called him over.

Clark walked over to him and they talked quietly for a minute before turning and looking at me and Hailey.

"So, which one of you is trying for the part?" He asked grinning.

I raised my hand and Hailey quickly backed away to a couch that was against the wall. I walked over to the mic and they asked what kind of music I was familiar with. I grinned and told them anything. They immediately started into You Way With Words Is Through Silence by A Day To Remember. I came in when I was supposed to and was even able to pull off the screaming parts. Clark started to sing them, but he stopped when he heard me start in on them.

The song came to an end and I turned to smile at them. They stared at me in wonder and unexpectedly started into another song. My grin grew even bigger and I sang along with Clark, continueing to face them. They cut off in the middle of it, surprising me even more. I stopped singing and stared at them.

"Testing you." The drummer told me.

I had yet to learn any of their names besides Clark...but then again, they didn't know mine either.

"What's your name?" The bassist asked.

"Kyle. Yours?"I asked looking at her.

"Rose. The drummer boy is Lawrence, I take it you know Clark,and the rhythm guitarist is Josh." She introduced them all.

One by one they waved or said hi. I looked closely at each one and they returned the look. Hailey walked over and hugged me around the shoulders. She rested her chin on my shoulder and looked at everyone in turn.

"Your girlfriend?" Lawrence asked.

"No. Best friend more like. Sorry, I just don't swing that way. I may peek around the corner but I never go all the way." I winked at them.

Hailey pulled away from me laughing hysterically at the looks on their faces.

"Your bi?" Rose asked.

"Nope. Just curious. There's a difference." I said laughing.

She shook her head and turned to the rest of her band. "She in? Or do we need to listen to even more noobs like the ones before her?" She asked.

"In." Clark said smiling at me.

"In." Lawrence grunted, obviously wondered if he would regret the choice.

There was a chorus of other 'ins' before Rose turned towards me grinning.

"Welocme to the Mortal Truths."