Emergency room romantic

Emergency room romantic

Muffled screams and swollen eyes.
Gotta love the emergency room.

I'm here because I'm pretty sure my leg is broken.
You see, My friend Ryan decided to bring out his old trampoline. But he wanted to 'make it more interesting,' So. He set it so it was under the edge of his roof. Yeah. He wanted to jump off the roof. And he wanted me to try it as well.
As you can guess, It didn't go to smooth for me.
My leg smashed against the metal side of the trampoline.
It was painful.

And since Ryan is such a great friend, He brought me here, but then disappeared after he caught a glimpse of a soda machine.
He hasn't been back since.
Asshole.

I've been sitting here for two hours. I think being here is worse then the broken leg. I hate hospitals. They smell like the pharmacy and antiseptic. The forced heart beats and mass amounts of pills make me sick. But what I hate the most about this place is the love, loneliness, and nervous laughs that hang in the air, making the room feel stale and awkward.

The chair next to mine shifts a little, and a man sits down. His posture just screams worried. His anxious eyes hold misery. He is here waiting for someone that got hurt. And by the way that he keeps shifting and mumbling under his breath, this person means alot to them.

"Are you ok?" I heard the words slipped out of my mouth.

He looked up and around before staring at me and replying.

"Not really. My sister just got in a car accident."
After a few moments of silence I hear "Why are you here?"

"Because my friends an asshole." I say with a slight chuckle.
He returned the laugh with a grin.

For the next half hour ,I learned that his name was Jon, he played bass, and he has a cat that he adored. Oh. And I also learned that he was gay.
That made me smile. Maybe I will have a chance with this one.

While we were in the middle of a conversation about some of the weird names out there, a nurse walks up and tells me the doctor would take a look at my leg now.

"Well, that only took three hours," I stated as I tried to stand up on my other leg.
Jon grabbed my arm to steady me.
The nurse came over with a wheelchair and Jon helped me into it.

"Spencer. I wanted to thank you.Thanks for talking to me and taking my mind off of my sister for a little while. I probably would have drove myself crazy."
Jon said, and then showed me the most brilliant smile I've ever seen.

"Its not a problem. When we talked, it made me forget about the pain in my leg." I Said As the nurse started pushing me away.

"Wait!"
Jon Came over and Pulled out a pen.He took my arm and scribbled 7 numbers on it before smiling and walking away.

As the nurse pushed me down the dim hallway, I couldn't help but grin.

I always find my romance in the emergency room.
♠ ♠ ♠
This used to be a chaptered story. I couldnt finish it because I got so frustrated with it. So, im keeping it as a oneshot.