The Littlest Way.

Deathly Notices.

We had a long ass haul to Jepha's. As I sat in the back of the truck, I remembered a time where everything just played out right. It just didn't seem that way.

--Flash To The Back--
Dear little Leslie,
I do understand you've been having a bit of trouble. I offer my condolences, to your losses. Enclosed is a $500.00 check. Use it to go shopping, get a new wardrobe, or whatever you please with the money.
Love, ELR.

What the hell was that an apology or mockery? That was just lovely right, bloody fucking lovely.
--End To The Back Sort Of--

When she wrote that I had just lost a few of my best friends, four to be exact. I cried and cried, when I lost them. I was at that fucking party. They wouldn't stay, and wait for my dad. They were driving homeā€¦.d-driving home, and were h-hit, by a drunk driver. It was four, four fucking friends gone, because of that bastard.
It was the week before my 18th birthday, the crash that was. As you saw, the letter enclosed, that would be my grandmother's final letter. I..I was with her in the hospital. I was there, no matter how much she claimed to hate me, she didn't. She had said something to me on her last day that made everything okay.

--Resume Flash To The Back--

"Leslie," She gasped.

"Yes, Grandma Rush?" I asked quietly.

"First off, call me Ellie or Elena, and" She paused. "Second, I am so sorry for what I did to you. It was a wretched and horrid thing to do. I do love you, I really do. I understand if you hate me," She finished, looking downwards.

I grabbed her and said, "Ellie, I forgive you. I, I love you too. I am sorry for fighting you all the time."

"No, you have no reason to apologize. I shouldn't have done what I did."

"I forgive you. It's all over now. We can stop fighting." I said, tears stinging my eyes.

"Thank you so much, Leslie." She said.

"Grandma," I whispered, crying." It's okay to stop fighting."

"Tell them all I love them," She cried.

"I will, get some rest. I'll speak with you, in the morning." I said, bending down to kiss her cheek.

I walked out of the hospital, got in my car and drove home.

That night Elena did two things. She changed her will, and didn't make it through the night. I was the one to receive the phone call.

--That night.
I was watching some random televised programming it was about 2 AM, when the phone rang. I had been home alone, Gee and Mikes on tour, Lauren in college, and mom and dad in New York City for the weekend.

"Hello," I said.

"Hello this is Ms. Rush's doctor," Doctor Harold said.

"Hey doc, it's Leslie."

"Leslie, are your parents home?" He said, sounding serious.

"No, I'm sorry they aren't. Why is there something wrong with my grandmother?"

"She didn't make it through the night." He paused. "About 2 hours ago, she passed away in her sleep."

"A-Are, are you serious?"

"We are very sorry for your loss, Ms. Way."

"Thank you, we'll be in touch, doctor."

I stood there for a while, the line dead for about 20minutes. I sat for a while, recalling the phone call. Replaying the words over again, 'she didn't make it through the night', 'She passed away' , and 'Sorry for your loss'. I sat in shock though, I couldn't move. Then I reached for the phone, and dialed the only person I knew I could reach.

"Hello?" My sister answered.

"L-Lauren?" I stuttered.

"What's wrong Leslie?"

"Grandma's dead." I said, emotionless.

"WHAT!" She yelled.

"The doctor called and told me."

"Hold on, I'll be right there."

She arrived in half an hour, leaving her college. We called the boys manager, Brian Schechter, to talk to my brothers. They had been working on a record or something. Gee was now a wreck, Mikes was too, along with the rest of their band. She basically made it possible for them to be a band and tour. My mother was an official wreck, and was refusing to leave her room. The entire band flew in. Gee was drinking tons more. It was just a really horrid time for us. Then again, Elena ended her life by being forgiven. I personally thought it was great closure. Still, it was very hard for us all. We did eventually get through it.

--End the flash to the back--
That was her fare well. We finally arrived at Jepha's. Now it was time for some good old fashioned fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey people here's a thanksgiving update. Cause I'm thankful for all of you.
Love Lexie. This chapter is for all my readers.