Heartbeats Away From Disaster

Back Luck Coins

-|| FF Two Months ||-
Giggling wildly, Dee, my friend Allie, and I sat around my hotel room, reminiscing about the night's events.

"Oh my gosh, I totally should gotten that one guys number." Allie said. "Well, screw the number, I should have just gone home with him."

"Allie," I laughed, "the guy is a male stripper for crying out loud. And plus, I wouldn't have let you go home with him, because if I did, I would be one bridesmaid short tomorrow."

"Aww, I would have made it back to the ceremony in time." Allie insisted.

"Yeah, with sex hair and all." Dee teased, causing the three of us to burst into another fit of giggles.

After we had our share of laughs, and had calmed down enough to talk, Allie took a deep breath and let it out in a dreamy sigh, clearly still thinking about our entertainment of the night.

"Do you think that Craig will get mad when he finds out about your strippers?" Allie asked.

I shrugged my shoulders slightly, "if he ever found out, I highly doubt he'd get mad. Jealous probably, but not mad. Unless I did more than just looking, which y'all know I didn't." I said.

"What do you think Craig and the guys did tonight?" Dee asked.

"Knowing them, they probably had a night very similar to ours." I replied.

"You're not worried about them, you know ... " Dee trailed off, shrugging her shoulders as she muttered a few incoherent words under her breath.

Allie and I glanced at each other before we giggled quietly to ourselves.

"Of course not, no worries." Allie grinned. "We've known the guys a long time, and they've forced us to accompany them to strip clubs many times before. Each time, it's the same ol' story. They hoot and holler every time, and talk a bit talk, but in the end, they keep their hands to themselves and go home alone. I highly doubt that tonight would be any different."

Although Dee didn't reply, I saw the relief wash across her face. I gave her a soft smile and then looked up at the clock to see that it was now 2:45 in the morning.

"Well, I think it's time that we get to bed." I announced. "Remember now, you guys have to be here by 10 o'clock tomorrow morning to do your hair and all that jazz."

With that, Dee and Allie nodded their heads in agreement, and got up to gather their things. Shortly afterward, I bid them good night, and watched as they disappeared from my room. Once they were gone, I took a deep breath, calming my jitters, and let it out slowly.

So tomorrow was the big day; after five months of planning, and years of giving each other the run around, Craig and I would finally step up to the alter and say 'I do'. I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous as hell about tomorrow.

Growing up I had never really been one of those girls who sat around and daydreamed about the perfect wedding. Growing up I could honestly care less about the perfect wedding. But five months ago, when Craig had slipped that pretty diamond ring on my finger, I automatically began daydreaming about what our wedding was going to be like. I wanted everything to turn out perfect, I wanted everything to go smoothly, and of course I wanted to look beautiful for Craig.

So far, things had gone according to plan, the only thing that was left was to perform the actual ceremony itself.

Sighing softly, I got up and made my way to the bathroom to do my business. Once I was done, I turned off the light in the bathroom and stripped myself down to my bra and panties. Standing next to my bed, I pulled back my covers, and then made a move to take off my bra when there was a soft knock on my door.

Frowning slightly, I crossed the room and grabbed a robe from the closet. I slipped it on and made sure that it was tied securely before I unlocked the door and peaked out into the hallway. I was met by a pair of bright blue eyes looking straight back at me.

I gasped slightly and then closed the door with a sharp snap. "Craigery, what are you doing here?" I asked through the door. "We're not supposed to see each other."

"I couldn't sleep." He said softly. "I wanted to come and talk to you."

"Talk to me?" I asked. "About what? You're not," I paused momentarily, "you're not getting cold feet, are you?"

"No, no, of course not, sweetheart." He said. "I just wanted to hear your voice. And I wanted to tell you what I got you."

"Craig, you didn't have to get me anything." I sighed. "We've spent all this money on the wedding, you didn't have to go out and spend even more money on a gift."

"I have a feeling that you're gonna like it, though." He insisted.

"Was it costly?" I asked.

Craig remained silent for a few seconds before he replied. "I've been saving up some money over these years."

"Why can't you give it to me tomorrow?" I asked. "For when I can actually look at you and not have to have this conversation through the door?"

"Because, I can't sleep." He said. "And plus ... I don't actually have it here, with me, but," he paused, sliding a piece of paper under the door, "here's a picture of it."

"Craigery." I sighed as I picked up the paper, "what on earth is - " I cut myself short when I turned the paper over and saw a brochure of a beach house in San Diego.

"Do you like it, Mitzi?" Craig asked. "I mean, I know you can't tell much from the brochure, but it's really nice. I think you'll like it. The master bedroom opens up right onto the beach, and there's another room for the baby. Maybe when we get back from our honeymoon we can fly over there and fix up that room for the nursery. Or," he paused, disliking my silence, "or we can just ... maybe rent it out to some tenants, I guess, if you don't like it."

"Craigery, I love it." I said softly. "I ... it's beautiful. I can't wait to see it. Thank you so much."

"Yeah? You like it?"

"I love it." I repeated. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, sweetheart." He replied. " ... So ... can you open the door so I can give you and a hug and a kiss?"

"Craig, we're not supposed to see each other before the wedding. It's bad luck." I pointed out.

"No," Craig said, "we've already been through hell and back with our relationship. We've already used up all our bad luck coins, we don't have any left to use on our wedding." He said. "Sweetheart, please open the door; I just want to see you one last time before I give you my last name and turn your world upside down." He whispered.

Biting my lip, I hesitated for a moment, before I shook my head of the silly superstition. I reached up and opened the door. Craig was in the same spot as he had when I first opened the door.

"Do you really like the house?" He asked. "Or are you just saying it."

I reached over and grabbed a hold of his hand, pulling him into the room. "I really do love it." I whispered. "It looks amazing."

"Looks can be deceiving," he warned me as he wrapped his arm around my waist and kicked the door shut behind him.

"If I don't like how it looks, then I'll just change it." I said simply.

"And if you can't change it?"

I smirked playfully. "I always get what I want, Craigery." I said. "You of all people know that."

Craig laughed softly as he nodded his head in agreement. "Yes, I have to admit, you're the most spoilt bitch I know."

"You're the one who started it all." I accused.

Craig released my hand and then reached up, cupping my chin before he leaned over and pressed his lips gently to mine. He held them there for a few seconds before he broke the kiss, but then continued to give me soft, quick kisses here and there on my face.

"I love you." He whispered. "I've always loved you, ever since high school. Back then I thought it was just a stupid crush, and then after that I was ignorant and naïve to admit that it really was love. You and Matt taught me a lesson though," he said, laughing softly, "and now here we are."

"I love you too," I whispered. "So much, and with all my heart."

Craig studied me for a few seconds, a soft smile on his lips before he leaned over and kissed my forehead gently. Without another word, he led me to the bed. He didn't have to say anything as he removed my clothes, and I didn't have any comments as I gently pulled off his. Before long we were tangled in the sheets, performing the most intimate of acts. The hours that passed were nothing short of perfection, much like our wedding ceremony that followed the next day, and the reception afterwards.

Craig had once told me that no matter what, he would always be there for me. He admitted that every so often he would act stupid, piss me off, and take off to spend some time to himself, but in the end he would always come back to me.

And now, looking down at the shining wedding band on my finger, I know that what he had said was true. It's interesting, though, to think that this is just the beginning.
♠ ♠ ♠
She was always the one
I'll repeat it again, the one
No such thing as too young
Red lights flashing on the car we're kissing in
Call me crazy, I've always tried to remind her
That the future's just a few heartbeats away from disaster


Rawr, so that's the end of this story. I got impatient and just went ahead and posted up the rest of it in one day because I'm lame like that. Thanks to everyone who read it, and commented it.

<333