Status: Pretty much on hiatus.

Embrace Your Inner Ginger

Chapter 1

The door slammed shut behind her, and the car accelerated away. She took a deep breath, the cold, country air stinging the back of her throat, and sighed with anticipation. This was going to be the first time she’d camped in her life. The wind rushed past her, sending her long, blonde hair billowing in all directions. She glanced around, looking for a familiar face. Seeing no one she knew, she picked up her rucksack and decided to explore the campsite.
To her right lay a rough track, snaking around the edge of a rundown building with a sign reading ‘Check In’ on the door. To her left were a wooden stile and a signpost pointing to ‘Austwick 2 miles.’ She headed down the track, not wanting to get lost before she’d even met people, until she got to a field with a couple of tents dotted around. A middle aged couple were sat outside one watching a toddler chase a football. When he stumbled and fell over, his father jumped up to check he wasn’t hurt. The boy just giggled and ran after the ball again. As she passed their tent, the woman called out a greeting and asked how she liked the area.

“It’s different,” she laughed, “I’ve never been camping before, so I’m quite excited.”

“So you’re here tonight? It’s supposed to snow, so I’d be careful if I was you. I’m Julie, by the way.”

“I’m Jess. I’m waiting for my friends to arrive – they’re all more experienced than me, they’ll know what to do.”

“Well I hope you have a good time, whatever the weather.” Jess carried on to the far end of the field and looked up at the mountains in the distance. Their peaks were covered in snow and surrounded in mist, making them look eerie and magical. They looked as if dragons still lived there; as if one was going to come swooping out any minute to devour her and the other campers. Off in her imaginary land of dragons and magic, she didn’t realise time was passing, so received quite a shock when someone jumped on her, knocking her to the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
This isn't very long, but hopefully it will do as an opening chapter!
Now I'll pass over to Zoe to write the next chapter :)