Status: Pretty much on hiatus.

Embrace Your Inner Ginger

Chapter 12

“You don’t mind me coming over here do you? It’s too loud over there,” Sam pointed to the larger group, “And I’d rather not disturb Holly. Matthew and David still haven’t got back,” he complained to Lizzie and Julian when he found them sat away from the rest of the group.

“What’s up?’ Julian, who knew Sam well from being in the same form as him for three years, asked.

“I haven’t spoken to Pippa for so long, she’s been revising and I’ve had coursework… I miss her.” Sam sat down and Julian dug around in his pockets for his mobile before passing it to Sam, “Go ring Pippa, you’ve done enough work for us today, you deserve something. Go knock yourself out.” Sam smiled and thanked Julian before walking off.

“I hate to see people upset,” Lizzie told Julian after a few seconds silence.

“Same, especially Sam, he doesn’t deserve it. He works so hard to keep everybody else happy so he never has time to keep himself happy.”

Back at the larger group Pratik had arrived, only to see Jess of course, but he’d managed to persuade his parents he needed to be there. Things were starting to heat up in the larger tent - Abi and Tom against Jess and Pratik in mini competitions from ‘Who could make out the longest without taking a breath’ to ‘Who could kiss on the lips blindfolded.’ With cheering all around, Abi and Tom won the competition 4 – 3, by then everyone had run out of ideas.

“Do you think we should go see how Holly is?” Zoe asked after they’d calmed down slightly.

“I’m not sure it would be the best thing to do. She needs space and Lizzie will go see her in a while after she’s had some time to herself,” Jess said.

“I don’t think she’ll appreciate us all crowding around her, it will make her feel worse.”

“Lizzie, Julian and Sam are all outside aren’t they? They haven’t gone off to find Matthew and Dave have they?”

“I doubt it, Sam and Lizzie only just got back. I’m thinking 3-some all the way.” Tom suggested jokingly.

“Don’t be sick, Tom,” Abi replied after everyone stopped laughing.

“Oh come on, you know how much Lizzie and Julian like each other, maybe they were just getting it on… and you know, Sam just happened to walk past and joined in!”

“I’m going to go see Holly,” Lizzie told Julian. “Are you coming with me?”

“No, I’ll go back to the tent and leave you and Holly alone to talk.”
Lizzie stood up and wandered over to the toilet block where she had last seen Holly only half an hour ago but she wasn’t there. Lizzie then tried all the toilets but they were empty. The extra tent was empty, the field was empty; she couldn’t see her friend anywhere!

“Have any of you seen Holly?” She asked while stepping into the large tent.

“I saw her around the back of the toilet block.”

“She isn’t there.”

“Maybe she’s gone for a walk in the field?”

“What about the other tent?” Suggestions flew at Lizzie but she’d checked everywhere. She hurriedly dug in her pockets for her mobile and dialled the familiar number.

“Holly, where are you?” Lizzie asked worriedly as Holly answered her phone.

“I’m looking for Matthew.”

“Holly, please come back. What if you get lost out there!? You’ll never find your way back! Matt and Dave are safe. Please Holly.”

“I don’t know how to get back...”
♠ ♠ ♠
My first chapter for this story :D
Comments are nice yes?