Status: Pretty much on hiatus.

Embrace Your Inner Ginger

Chapter 2

"Ahhhh!" Jess squealed as she hit the cold, hard ground beneath her, her heart taking an unexpected jolt. She looked up to see her tiny dynamo of a friend Holly standing above her grinning. Jess sighed with relief

“Hello Holly,” She greeted her, taking the hand Holly had offered her to pull her up. She brushed herself off as Holly danced in excitement, waving her arms about, grinning widely.

“Eeeeeeeeeee!!” Holly suddenly screeched, startling poor Jess again.

"Holly, please calm down!!” Jess shouted, giggling afterward to show she was joking. Holly laughed, a little out of breath.

“But I’m SOOOOO excited!!” Holly said, jumping up and down like a pogo stick again. She took Jess’ arm and led her to their pitch, where the rest of their faithful friends sat around a simmering campfire. Nearest to Jess was Sam, whom everyone referred to as the alpha male. Whatever Sam said, people did. Next to Sam was Addison, who was poking at the campfire to keep it going. Addison was a strange child, constantly picking out innuendos out of everything anyone said. Sat in his comfortable camping chair was the group’s epic ginger Dave, a ginger you definitely couldn’t ignore. Sat on Dave’s knee, rummaging in the Haribos was Zoe, another happy, hyper tiny dynamo like Holly. And she liked sweets a bit too much...Chatting away next to Zoe and Dave was Tom, who had the biggest mouth with the biggest opinions. The only person that could keep him quiet was Abi, his girlfriend who cuddled up to Tom snugly like a glove. Walking across the camp to talk to Sam was Holly’s Boyfriend Matt, a tall, cuddly, lovable, strong-silent type. Then there was Julian who was making final adjustments to the tent, and finally, nearest to where Holly stood, was Lizzie, who prodded away at her fancy mobile phone and smiling to herself.

“Jess you made it!” Sam said, smiling and standing to help Julian who seemed to be having trouble with the storage tent...Zoe squealed and jumped over the small simmering campfire to Jess’ arms, hugging her tightly as she always did.

“Hi Zoe!” Jess said, stroking her light brown hair. Jess dumped her bags in a pile with everyone else’s and sat on the floor by the fire.

“I could get used to this,” She said quietly to herself, looking around at all her friends beaming back at her.

******

“Nervous?” Jess asked, her hand lying obviously in Dave’s lap as everyone in the camp giggled away.

“Depends where you’re going next,” Dave grinned, receiving howls of laughter from the rest of the group. Jess toppled over with laughter, taking her hand out of his lap.

“Okay Dave, truth or dare?” Sam asked him through giggles from across the campfire.

“Dare,” He grinned devilishly, his silver braces glistening in the dim light.

“Riiighhttt.....Dare for Dave anyone?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope that's ok Holly ;)