Status: Pretty much on hiatus.

Embrace Your Inner Ginger

Chapter 5

The wind was beginning to howl now, threatening to tear the tent away from the floor. That’s what it felt like to the campers, anyway. In reality, the tent was firmly anchored to the ground; designed for this type of harrowing weather.
Once everything was sorted, Abi decided to make hot drinks on the tiny camping stove.

“Hey, Dave? Can you ask everyone what they want to drink?” She yelled. The gentle flowing of speech continued, but she didn’t hear her friend’s distinctive tone reply.

“Dave?” After a pause, she tried again, “David?” Still getting no reply, she turned around to face the others, searching for his long ginger hair. Julian noticed her looking around and enquired distractedly, “What are you trying to find?”

“Dave. He’s not here. Do you know where he is?”

“He isn’t?” In surprise, he glanced to either side and realised that it was in fact true; Abi wasn’t just blind. He then continued, “Oh, okay. Does anyone know where Dave went?” The chatter stopped, everyone checking to see that they couldn’t see David, as if their eyes were the only ones that worked.

“Is he in the toilets?” Matt guessed.

“Maybe he hooked up with one of the other campers,” Addison joked, knowing full well they were the only ones there. The people Jess had talked to early had all left because of the weather forecast. Starting to get worried, Zoe and Tom went to search the toilets. They ran across the snow covered grass to the brick building containing the toilets and showers. They hurriedly checked each one, listening out for the sound of running water. Meanwhile, Holly and Jess checked the reception with its little shop of essentials. Trying not to get any snow in their shoes, they stormed their way to the main entrance. Holly shoved into the door, but bounced back, finding it was locked. She shook her head at Jess, telling her that he couldn’t be in there. To make sure, she pressed her head against the window, cupping her hands around her face to block out the fading sunlight. Neither pair had any success, so headed back to the camp to report on their (non existent) findings.

A short debate soon ruled out all the places on the campsite. There was no way he could be in any of the outhouses, and they’d searched all the unlocked buildings.

“I think we’re going to have to send out a search party,” Sam stated, his voice completely serious, “And before it gets fully dark too. Otherwise we won’t have any chance of finding him.”

“I’ll come,” Lizzie and Tom both volunteered at the same time.

“One more person? Then we can spilt up into to 2 groups if need be,” Sam suggested. A few people looked reluctant, hoping someone else would go, but Matt stood up.

“I’m going,” he announced, a steely note, that was seldom heard, appearing. Holly stood up as well, hugging him tightly. She tilted her face upwards towards his, and everyone looked away, feeling slightly awkward and pretending the couple weren’t there.

“Please look after yourself,” she whispered, kissing him lightly on the lips, “I’m scared you’ll get lost too.” He returned the kiss, this time pressing slightly harder, more passionately.

“I’ll be fine; we’ve all got torches and phones. I’m not going to go wandering off on my own - I’m not stupid. Don’t worry about me.” They kissed a third time, their lips locked together, until Lizzie coughed loudly.

“We should go now, before it gets any darker,” Lizzie said, taking charge.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while since the last update, but I've been really busy with school and stuff.
I think Matt's posting his chapter now as well, so two chapters in one night!