Status: Pretty much on hiatus.

Embrace Your Inner Ginger

Chapter 8

Matt trudged around in the now knee-deep snow, keeping his keen blue eyes peeled, staring through the blizzard for his ginger friend. He came to a patch of leafless trees, stopping. He could have sworn the trees had mouths. He shuddered at their creepiness, and moved on. He kept powering on, he was determined to find him, no hope was lost as he continued searching. ‘How could I lose so much ginger?’ he thought to himself. ‘Surely bright orange stands out...’

He sighed, his icy breath showing up in the ice cold air. He kicked the snow in front of him, and that was when he saw it.

A small clump of ginger hair, lay lifeless on the floor by a snow-covered tree. Matt’s heart sank, something must have gone wrong if his hair had been ripped out. Matt panicked, his breathing getting a little faster and his heart rate quickening. The icy air made it harder to breathe, as he began to imagine what could have happened to his dear friend...

Dave, as he gallivanted through the trees making his squeaky sound that he made when he was hyper or excited, was grabbed by phantom branches that tried to strangle him and kill his fun ginger spirits...

‘No, that’s unlikely,’
Matt thought to himself.

Dave, as he gallivanted through the trees making his squeaky sound that he made when he was hyper or excited, was distracted by a convenient distraction like something shiny and a tree reached out and ripped his hair out so it could use it to get a DNA sample, and clone him so they could have an army of epic gingers like Dave!

‘No, that’s unlikely too...but it would be pretty cool,’
Matt wondered, giggling to himself.

Dave, as he gallivanted through the trees making his squeaky sound that he made when he was hyper or excited, tripped over a huge tree stump and caught his long, epic ginger hair ripping a clump out of it.

‘That’s more like it!’
Matt triumphed in his mind, but then rubbed the back of his head as he imagined the pain of having hairs ripped out.

Matt continued to walk through the trees, since finding the hairs was a clue, he was more hopeful that his best friend was alive and well, just gallivanting.

As per usual.

He continued to walk for a few minutes, wondering about why Dave might have ran off. There was probably an innocent reason, but since this was Dave we were talking about, he would probably make up tonnes of excuses, like he did for not doing his homework, when actually he was just chasing a squirrel or something.

“Hrnngh.”

Matt stopped dead. Did he hear something?

“Hrnngh.” he heard it again, his heart rate increasing again.

“Hello?” He called out, looking around in the whiteness flailing around him, for something that could have made the noise. Was it those trees?

He looked around, and spotted a dark mound that was faintly in the shape of a curled up person, shielded against the blizzard and he skipped over the depth of snow toward it. In front of him he saw a grey haired hobo, shivering and nibbling on some strange green flat objects.

“Hello....errr....have you seen my friend? He’s about yay-high with long ginger hair you couldn’t miss him...although me and my friends did.” Matt felt like he was talking to a brick wall, as the hobo didn’t acknowledge he was there.

“Hrnnghhhhhhhgblahblah!” The hobo shouted, waving his arm toward Matt making him jump away from him.

“I’ll take that as a no...” Matt grimaced, walking away.