Boys Will Be Boys (but Are Sometimes Girls)

Chapter 6.

The few weeks since Nate had turned into a woman had been eventful. The night she had gone to Angels & Kings to turn back hadn’t gone to plan. She had ended up talking to Brendon all night and she’d felt something that made her realise that she didn’t want to change back yet. She’d told the others and they had decided to keep an eye on her.

They could all see that Nate’s feelings for Brendon were growing, so when Brendon found out about who Nate truly was, they were all angry at the vocalist. They’d all stayed with her that night, in the lounge. Pete had tried phoning Brendon at least 20 times, but he didn’t pick up at all.

“I’m going round to Jon’s place tomorrow. I’m going to sort this out with him.” Pete said firmly to the Cobras once Nate was asleep. “Even if I punch him to do it.”

“Nate might not appreciate that.” Alex said, stroking Nate’s hair.

Pete shrugged.

The next day, Pete left early to go to Jon’s. He banged on the door until Jon opened the door. Pete barged into the house and over to the couch where Brendon was yawning.

“You fucker! You don’t care about anyone other than yourself do you?” Pete shouted in his face.

“He lied to me!” Brendon replied, glaring.

Pete punched him in the face. “She loves you!” Pete snarled. “The night you saw her, she was trying to get laid to change back but she didn’t because she was falling for you!”

“He should have told me.”

“She didn’t want to because she knew that after you found out the truth, you wouldn’t think the same.”

“He was right. He’s a freak.”

“Nate didn’t ask for it. She fucked some dude the night before you saw her then she woke up with tits. She didn’t want it, she didn’t ask for it. When she met you, she found a reason to stay like that. For you.” Pete stood away from him. “Maybe you should think about that, yeah?” Pete passed Jon and apologised for waking him up so early.

He drove around for nearly an hour, calming himself down before returning to the house. When he got there, he found something wrong.

“Where’s Nate?” He asked.

“She left. She’s gone home.” Ryland told him.

“What?”

“She said she didn’t want to stay in Chicago anymore, she just wanted to go home.” Gabe said.

“I swear when I see Brendon next, I’m going to kill him.” Pete growled, looking at them all, trying to repress the need to head back to Jon‘s and pound Brendon into the ground. “But… how is she even getting home? I mean, she has no ID to get on a plane, is she walking or what?”

“She’s getting a train. No ID needed for that.”

The next few hours they all spent trying to get through to Nate, but with no answer. It was Vicky who finally got a text from her telling them that she was fine, that she had just wanted to go home.

It was a few moments after this that the buzzer went off, meaning someone was at the gate. Pete got up to answer it. Before he could even say anything, he was met with a very frantic voice.

“-Sorry, I really am Nate, please, just talk to me!” Brendon’s voice kept breaking. “I didn’t mean it, please someone, let me in! Let me apologise!”

“She not here.” Pete snapped. “So just fuck off Brendon, no one here wants to talk to you.”
“Pete, where is she? Please tell me!”

“She’s gone home.” Pete told him.

“What?” Brendon gasped.

“She left while I was at your’s earlier. She got on a train back to Atlanta. I hope your happy Brendon.” Pete cut the connection. Within seconds, the buzzer went again. Pete narrowed his eyes.

“Brendon, I just told you-”

“I love her Pete.” Brendon sounded close to hysterics. “You made me realise that this morning. I’ve fallen in love with her!”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, Nate's gone back to Atlanta, Brendon's in love with her and Pete's feeling angry.

Is it good enough for you to comment?

Much Love!

D!ATD xoxo