Hidden Beneath the Paper.

.09

I nervously let myself into his car, doing my seat belt and letting my messenger bag fall off my lap and onto my feet. It smelled nice in here but that was probably from the air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror. Professor put his bag in the backseat then finally got in on the drivers side. I fiddled with my fingers as he got all situated next to me and started to pull out of the parking lot.

"I should really thank you for this," I whispered softly, looking up and over at him, away from my pale fingers. He was softly smiling was he looked ahead of himself, at the road. He was absolutely amazing. And, I was sitting in his car. Going to his house. He glanced over at me and smiled a bit bigger.

"No biggie. Do I have something on my face? You seem to be staring." He chuckled, turning down the road. I gasped, flustered.

"Oh, no! Nothing!" I huffed, turning my head away and shielding myself with my hair. I bit my lip. Oh gosh, I'm stupid. I heard him laugh a bit more. He then asked me where my house was. I gave him my address and he quickly made a sharp turn onto my street. I had to grab onto the door before my head was smashed into it.

"Er- sorry about that. Tell me which house...," he said softly, ending his little giggle fest. I lifted my head up and watched the familiar houses pass by. I pointed at my house when I saw it and he slowly pulled into my driveway. I looked at the empty and dark house. I felt his hand on my arm.

"Do you want me to come in with you?" He asked softly. I looked at him a bit dazed. I gripped onto the strap of my messenger back and nodded my head. He smiled softly and we both got out. I trudged along the front yard with him walking after me. I opened the door and let him in. He awkwardly stood there. I then halted too.

"Eh. I just realized that what we're doing is illegal, even though we're not.. uh..," I whispered over to him. His cheeks filled with blush quickly and the desolate house's aroma shifted to something completely different. He nervously laughed.

"I haven't really thought about that." He whispered back. I smiled up at him and put my bag down at the couch, walking upstairs to my room. I heard him following. I kind of wanted him to stay down there but whatever. I walked passed my mother's room, and into mine. Professor trailing behind. He stood in my doorway, not wanting to actually be in my bedroom with me.

"Um, you know what. I'll wait downstairs...," he whispered once I started to pull out clothes from my dresser. Oh, thank God! That was awkward. I tried not to think about my mother, or how the house seemed so empty as I picked out some clothing. I grabbed my other book bag which wasn't a messenger bag and shoved the outfits into it. I then grabbed my bag of makeup, brush, and other essentials before running downstairs. Professor was over by my mantle, holding onto my purring Lyn-Z and looking straight at the picture of my mother that was on it.

"You look just like her," he said softly. My hands trembled and I felt like screaming out. I felt my eyes watering again. I felt offended, I felt broken. How dare he look at my mother! I bit my lip and held back my tears. Professor turned back to me and gasped as I dropped my book bag.
♠ ♠ ♠
Compared to the other chapters, this one sucks. And, I'm sorry.
I'm also sorry that it takes me so long to update. >.<