Put Your Heart Where Your Mouth Is

Four

“Is he there?” Someone asked, but I wasn’t really paying attention. I was too zoned in on Scander’s car in the driveway.

“Yea, he’s here.” I mumbled under my breath. I turned from the window and faced them. “I don’t think we should all go in at once. I’m going to go in by myself, and if I’m not back in ten minutes, then you can come check on me, okay?”

“I don’t think this is a good idea,” Ian said, shaking his head.

“If you guys come with me he’s going to start shit right away. If it’s just me he might not even notice. I can just run in and grab my things. It’ll be fine.”

“Okay, fine.” Cash said reluctantly. “But if you’re not back in ten minutes, we’re going in there.”

I nodded my head and stepped out of the van. I was still in my revealing outfit and it was pretty cold outside. I wrapped my arms around myself and crossed the street to Scander’s place.

Opening the door a crack I could see Scander sitting on the couch watching ESPN or some other guy-ish show. He was holding a beer which probably meant he was drunk. Not good.
I stepped in and closed the door, trying not to make a sound. I successfully managed to run to our (now his) room without him noticing. I closed the door, and grabbed my suitcase. Quickly changing into some sweatpants, which were much easier to move around in, I started stuffing my clothes into my bag. I grabbed my laptop and my iPod, leaving all my pictures considering most included Scander.

After I was done running around the room making sure I didn’t forget anything, I started making my way out the door.

“Where do you think you’re going?” I knew I should’ve gone through the window…

I turned around and faced a drunken Scander, who was using the wall beside him for support. I tried to stand tall and look brave but it was useless. He towered over my 5’2” frame, and even though I’ve grown pretty strong over the past couple years with him, he could have me on the ground in a second.

“I’m leaving,” I said, attempting to sound confident.

“Leaving?” he grunted. “You don’t have anywhere to go.”

“Doesn’t matter. As long as I’m not with you, I’m sure it’ll be much better.”

He stormed over and placed his hands on my shoulders, forcing all his weight on me, but I didn’t fall. “You can’t leave Lacey.” His breath reeked of alcohol. “I won’t let you.”

“You don’t have a choice,” I snapped. “I’m leaving and you can’t stop me.” I stumbled backwards trying to get him off of me, but I only ended up against the wall, which is probably worse.

“Oh yes I can,” he smirked. He pressed harder on my shoulders and I was forced onto the ground. “You’re staying right here.” Then a hand met my face and everything was blurry. “You know you’ll always be mine Lacey.”

“Uhm, I seriously doubt that,” I heard from the front of the house. Even though I haven’t really talked to him, I knew it was Johnson. Were they all there?

“Who the fuck are you?” I heard Scander.

It doesn’t matter. Just let Lacey come with us, and everything will be fine.”

Then I heard punching. I knew Scander started it, even with my eyes closed and head throbbing. The fight didn’t last that long, but I heard a body slam on the wood floor, and he didn’t get back up.

After a few minutes I felt arms wrap around me and pick me up. “You alright Lacey?”

I opened my eyes, ignoring the pain in the back of my head. “Déjà vu,” I chuckled. “I’m fine, how’s everyone else?”

“Not even a scratch on any of us. Can’t say as much for that asshole though. Johnson had him down pretty fast.”

“Really?” I turned in his arms, trying to catch a glimpse of Johnson. He was standing over Scander looking pretty proud of himself.

“Thanks for that,” I smiled over at him.

He shrugged. “No problem,” he mumbled, and looked away.

I looked back over at Ian. “I think you can put me down now,” I laughed.

“Oh right,” he said, and placed me back on the ground.

I really liked these guys. Even though I just met them tonight, they’ve already done so much for me. I barely knew them, but I knew they were good people.

“So, I think Lacey should come on tour with us…” Marshall said.

“What?” Me and Johnson said at the same time.

“Well you don’t have anywhere else to go, and I for one don’t want to just leave you here alone,” All the guys nodded in agreement. “Plus you’re pretty awesome; we’d love to hang out with you more.”

“No guys, I couldn’t do that. I don’t have a lot of money, so couldn’t help you guys out at all, and that’s a pretty small van…” Actually I would love to go with them. It would make it harder for Scander to find me if I was moving around all the time, and he would try. And who doesn’t want to tour with a band?

“You’re argument is invalid. You’re coming whether you like it or not. You could make money by being our merch girl. We need a new one anyway, ” Singer said.

“You’re all okay with this? Really?” I asked, looking directly at Johnson. I knew he didn’t like me very much.

He just shrugged again and nodded. I grinned widely and hugged them all (even Johnson). Ending it with my asshole of a boyfriend, meeting five amazing guys, and finding out I can go on tour with them all in one night? I’d say it was a pretty good day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I know, this took forever. I'm having a huge writers block problem.
Maybe you could help by commenting? (yes I'm bribing you.)
Seriously though, more comments = faster updates.
I promise :)