Iero Fiasco

MTV

-July 2009-
Frank flipped on the TV and started flipping through the channels, he stopped when he got to MTV. Usually he hated watching this channel but not at that very moment. The band was playing live in studio. It was a three piece punk band, the bassist was also the singer, and to him she was the hottest thing ever.
“There should be a horror flick on channel fifty.” Gerard says as he plops down on the couch with his band mate.
“Just let me watch this.” Frank murmurs as he shrugs his friend off.
“My hotel room, my TV, I choose.” Gerard insists as he grabs for the remote, “And since when do we watch MTV?”
“This band is pretty good, no?” Frank holds the remote away from the taller man.
“Warped Battery, yeah they’re great, and I’ve heard this song before and there’s a horror flick on so-“ he lunges at Frank but the shorter man is too quick and holds the remote to his chest as he holds himself in the fetal position.
“Mikey isn’t even here yet!” Frank yelps as he springs into standing position.
“Alright, but when he gets here you have to change channel.”
“Deal.” Frank sighs as he sits back down.

The band finishes up playing their song and they sit down on the amps while the interviewer starts to talk.
“Today we have Warped Battery on the show, lead singer, bass player Molly Fiasco, guitarist Jess Hopeless and drummer Tray Chaos. Thanks for being here.”
“No problem.” Jess says nodding.
“So tell me, what’s it like being a successful all girl band from Canada and being so big, so young in the industry.”
“Well personally I think there are not enough-“ Tray starts but Frank’s mind wanders off as he stares at Molly as she made goofy faces behind Tray’s back. She's wearing green plaid skater style shorts, a black tank top and classic black and white chucks. Her eyes are coated with black eyeliner and that’s the only makeup she wears. Unlike every other girl on MTV, minus her band mates, she didn’t have fake boobs or overly plastic surgeried.

“So, who do you have the hots for?” Gerard asks breaking the train of thought moving through Frank’s head.
“Huh?”
“You have the hots for one of them, which?” Gerard insists.
“What makes you think,” he stares at his friend and realizes its useless to lie, “Molly.”
“Ohh how sweet.” Gerard teases, “Maybe you two wear the same brand of eyeliner and everything!”
“Oh shove it.”

“So how old are you girls anyway?” the interviewer asks.
“A lady never reveals her age.” Jess says in mock English accent.
“Nineteen.” Molly burps. Burping wasn’t a turn on for Frank, but he could tell she was just kidding around, every band has an image to keep.
“Yeah,” Tray adds in, “Molly is the baby of our group, she's nineteen as of last week.” Jess and Tray start laughing at Molly’s expense. Frank’s mind couldn’t help but wander, he felt even more of a connection to Molly, she was the baby of her band and he was the baby of his.

“Hear that Franky,” Gerard pesters, “She’s only nine years younger than you, you have a chance!”
“You’re so full of yourself!” They stay silent for exactly a millisecond when Mikey joins them.
“Your door’s unlocked.”
“Oh, umm did you lock it?” Gerard questions.
“Yeah, yeah.” Mikey pauses and looks at the TV, “Why are you watching MTV?”
“Warped Battery is on.” Frank states happily.
“Yeah, okay, buy the CD then, I wanna watch someone get butchered or haunted or something!”
“You don’t understand,” Gerard laughs, “He has a thing for Molly Fiasco.”
“Yeah, I could picture that.” Mikey says as he takes a seat next to his older brother.
“Frank man, we had a deal, now put it on channel fifty.” Frank complies with Gerard’s demand but not letting go of sweet thoughts of Molly.