Iero Fiasco

Perfect Day

Molly and Frank found it was their last day together, and they couldn’t help but feel depressed. Cuddling on the couch mid-morning they couldn’t be more comfortable.
“So how do you wanna spend today?” Frank asks carefully.
“Umm, damn, I don’t know.” Molly laughs.
“Well we sorta spent the whole week with Gerard and everyone so . . .” he trails off, “Maybe we could do something just the two of us today?”
“I’d like that.” Molly giggles, “You’re not suggesting we go walk along the beach and talk about our beliefs in Jesus are you?” Frank bursts out laughing.
“You are,” he kisses her lips, “The most,” he kisses them again, “Random person I know.”
“Seriously?”
“Well you’ve got a few really close contenders.” He jokes, “I’m thinking it’s a bit of a musician thing.”
“How about this,” Molly starts, “Show me your favorite places to go, well besides Gerard’s place.” Frank laughs then thinks for a moment.
“Okay, but do you wanna grab some lunch first?” Molly nods, “You know I’d cook for you but I burn everything and you don’t look like the Cajun cooking type.”

After grabbing a couple of burgers at a nearby diner they set off on their way, where they were headed was still a mystery to Molly. They finally pulled into a parking space downtown on a street full of stores.
“Ohh shopping.” Molly says in a really high pitch voice, sort of Barbie mockery. Frank wraps his arm around her waist and leads her into an instrument store. Molly stands stunned at the mass amounts of guitars and basses lined up and every free space of wall, then the floor, half covered in amps, the other half in drumkits, “So this is your favorite store.”
“Yeah, don’t need to explain do I?” He asks, “the owners are awesome, they let you just sit around for hours at a time and try everything.

“I have to try this one.” Molly says wide eyed as she picks up a black and blue sunburst Gibson guitar.
“Straying from the bass.” Frank jokes as he picks up a freakishly green fender.
“Hey, I started out playing guitar, I still play guitar a lot actually.” Molly says as they go to plug their guitars into the practice amps, “And since I was like fifteen I wanted a Gibson, so I just gotta fiddle with this one especially since it’s the colour I wanted.”

They start jamming a bit, not calling too much attention to themselves as they tried out as many guitars as possible.
“So do ever play guitar for your band?” Frank asks casually as he picks up some random bass.
“Yeah, both Jess and I know the songs on both guitar and bass so we switch places a lot, on our album I played two of the songs on guitar.”
“Cool.”

“Alright you two,” one of the employees says coming up to them, “Its already half an hour past closing time and-“
“Okay.” Molly sighs as she stands up from the amp she’d been sitting on.
“Uh Mol-“ he starts but shakes his head seeing as the employee is trying to herd them out.

They step outside and see the sun’s starting to go down. Molly stretches out her arms and ends up wrapping them around Frank’s neck.
“That was fun.” She says then presses her lips against his.
“I thought of somewhere else we can go.” He says as they break apart. They get into his car and Molly wonders anxiously where they were headed next.

The streets start to calm as they continue on their way until Frank parks in front of an iron picket fence.
“Where are we?” Molly asks slowly as they get out of the car, after glancing around at the scenery she swallows, “A cemetery.”
“Yeah.” Frank says uneasily.
“I thought you were kidding about cemetery walks.”
“C’mon.” he insists as he takes her hand, “Before the sun sets completely.”

They climb over the fence and walk down the pathway towards the mausoleum.
“Did I mention I’m not fond of necrophilia threesomes.” Molly jokes.
“Just, trust me.” Frank says holding onto her hand a little tighter. They get to the soap stone building. He stops in front of the trellis covered in wilting vines, “After you.” Molly looks over what Frank is asking her to climb.
“Isn’t climbing up on mausoleums a bit sacrilegious?” she asks as she carefully climbs up onto the flat surface of the roof. Frank joins her up on the roof a second later.
“I thought you weren’t religious.”
“You know what I mean.” Molly says rolling her eyes. Frank steps behind her and wraps his arms around her waist and rests his chin on her shoulder.
“Look at the view.”

Molly looks out at the sunset, the hues of colour falling upon silhouettes of the rows of tomb stones. Molly pulls out her cell phone and snaps a picture of the scenery. They stare out into the sky for a few minutes then Frank finds himself distracted and kissing Molly’s neck. They moved to sit down as it got really dark, Frank pulled Molly onto his lap and continued to kiss her lightly.
“Never made out with anyone in a cemetery before.” She giggles as he runs his hand up and down her thigh.
“Neither have I.” Frank states honestly, “Got drunk a few times though.” They lock lips again, completely losing track of time.

From the corner of her eye Molly sees a glint of light. She breaks away from Frank’s lips and he sees it too.
“Maybe we should leave.” She whispers.
“Yeah, I think you’re right.” Frank says as they get up and hurry towards the trellis. They climb down in blinding darkness and head back towards the car, hoping not to trip over any tomb stones.

They clamber into the car and giggle as someone walks nearby with a flash light in their hand.
“Is that a security guard?” Molly says peering carefully through the window.
“Not sure, but it doesn’t matter now.” Frank says as he starts up the car.

They get back to the apartment and stand silently not really sure what was going to happen. Frank stared at Molly, he really wanted to touch her but she was younger then him, he didn’t want to force her or make her regret anything that had to do with him but he wanted her so bad. Molly felt like since she met him she’d gotten to know him better then going out six months with her last boyfriend. Even though she was a bit self-conscious she stepped forward so that her body and Frank’s were millimeters apart. Frank could feel her light breath on him and he could feel himself growing aroused by her mere essence.
“Frank,” she says moving so her lips are closer to his, “I want to make love to you.”