Iero Fiasco

Saying goodbye

The click of a door is enough to get Molly to squint her eyes in the direction of the sound. Frank locks the door to the balcony and tosses his pack of cigarettes onto the corner chair. He hadn’t noticed the he’d woken Molly and slid back into bed with her. Both were feeling greater than great about the act the committed together. Frank wrapped his arms around Molly and they both fell back asleep.

The bright sunlight coming through the window woke Molly and Frank up around the same time. She peered around the room and saw her suitcase which reminded her she had to leave in a couple of hours.
“Morning beautiful.” Frank whispers as he tickles Molly’s neck with his lips.
“Good morning sexy.” Molly laughs as she turns to face him, “I don’t want to go home today.”
“Okay, then stay here with me.” he says holding her tight, “we won’t live this room.”
“We have lives.” She laughs, “Oh fuck em, you only live once.” Frank bursts out laughing as she semi-pounces him. Just then the alarm she set on her cell phone to wake her up to go the air port goes off.

“Goddamn.” She sighs as she clambers out of bed to shut off the annoying buzzing. She starts to get dressed while Frank watches her every move as if in slow motion. She pulls on a pair of long shorts and a Joan Jett band tee then lays on top of the bed covers next to Frank. “Piss me off.”
“Hmm?”
“Piss me off, make me mad at you.”
“Why?”
“So that way I’ll actually leave.” She explains, “Or else Jess and Tray will have to personally come here and drag me out kicking and screaming.”
“Okay.” Frank says thinking to himself, “I hate how you leave the toilette seat down and your breath stinks right now.” She slaps his arm playfully and starts laughing as she gets back up to go brush her teeth.

When she returns to the room Frank is midway through getting dressed. She goes and sits cross-legged on the edge of the bed.
“So do you always smoke after sex?”
“What?” he asks pulling his shirt over his head.
“Last night, I woke up and you were coming in from a cigarette.” She says drumming her fingertips against her legs.
“I’m a slave to the nicotine.” He chuckles, “You upset?”
“Nah, just a little surprised last night when I woke up alone.” She says shrugging as she gets up, “Doesn’t matter.” She hops over to him and kisses him happily, “I had fun.”
“Well so did I.” Frank smiles.
“Next time you come to Montreal, kay?”
“Definitely.”

They eat breakfast at the air port and avoid going to the gate for as long as possible, but the final calls were being made for the airplane and it was time to say goodbye. Molly wasn’t one to cry, she hated crying and she hated people seeing her crying so she used every ounce of will power to keep her eyes dry. She wrapped her arms tightly around Frank and breathed in his scent, she knew she wasn’t going to see him for a long while especially with the upcoming Vampire Tour.
“I’ll see you soon.” She lies to both Frank and herself.
“Yeah.” Frank says, his voice all raspy, “Real soon.” They both wished for something to distract them.
“How long can you go without sex?” Molly asks, she feels Frank smile against her neck.
“Well after that great stuff last night, maybe another two hours, three at the most.” He mumbles into her neck.
“Okay,” she says nodding, she knows she really has to leave, “Call me sappy but I’m gonna miss ya.” They break apart, except they still held onto each other’s hands.
“I’m going to miss you too.” He says finally letting go. She walks towards the air port gate calculating in her mind that it would probably be months before she’d get to see him again.

Molly can barely stay still in her seat the whole way back home. Frank spent the whole day contemplating buying a ticket on the next flight to Montreal, but he restrained knowing they both had lives and that it would seem desperate on his part.