Iero Fiasco

Strains of Distance

“I’m all alone, there’s no one here beside me.” Frank sings as he digs through Gerard’s fridge.
“Curses on the moron who let you see Shrek.” Gerard laughs as he pushes Frank out of the way and grabs a can of soda.
“Fine I’ll write my own song.” Frank laughs, “Uhh, I miss her, I miss her, good sex then she left, now I miss her.”
“You’ve got talent.” The lead singer says sarcastically, “And the whole lonely thing is pissing me off.”
“Now here’s a good song,” Gerard clears his throat, “cold hard bitch, just a kiss on the lips and then I’m on me knees, I’m waiting gimme, cold hard bitch.”
“Shut up.” Frank says hitting his friend.
“She was shaking his hips,” he sings as he shakes his own, “That’s all that I need.”
“Oh you’re funny.”
“Yes, yes I am.” Gerard laughs, “Who sang that song anyway?”
“Jetset, no wait it was just Jet.” Frank rambles, “And she’s not a bitch.”
“Yeah, I know. I’m just teasing.”
“I’m going to head home now.” He yawns, “I’m beat.”

Meanwhile in Montreal, Warped Battery was having a late night practice on the rooftop.
“Play an E,” Jess says to Molly, “then move to G.” she doesn’t get a response so Tray chucks a drumstick at her.
“Space out much?”
“Sorry.” Molly says rubbing her eyes, “What are we playing.”
“Well, I was starting to show you guys the new riff I wrote but you have problems playing an E then a G.”
“Oh right.” Molly says hitting an E on her bass.
“You know what, forget it.” Jess sighs, “You’re obviously somewhere else, probably thinking about Frank.”
“Sorry, I miss him.”
“Its only been three days!” Tray exclaims, “Since when are you emotionally dependant on anyone.”
“I’m not,” Molly protests, “Never have been and never will be.” She had this view that people who needed a significant other with them at all times were weak, and that’s the last thing she wanted to be. Jess grab’s Molly’s cell phone off from on top of the amp. “What are you doing?”
“Oh Frank is first on your contact list.” She laughs, “Hello Frank, its Jess, your absence from Molly’s side is ruining our band practice so would you mind terribly coming up here to Montreal?” she clicks the phone closed and the three women burst out laughing.
“I swear if you’d actually call him and said that I would kill you.” Molly laughs.
“That would be funny though.” Tray laughs, “Frank getting this random message on his cell phone.”

Molly sat there and half wished that Jess had really called him.