Iero Fiasco

Truths Reveiled

“We don’t have to talk if you don’t want to.” Gerard says quietly.
“I should talk.” Molly murmurs.
“Shoulda, woulda, coulda.” He says with a weak smile causing Molly to smile.
“Umm, can you ask me a question or something, I don’t know where to start.”
“How’d it happen, I mean you’re on tour, you have an awesome band, and you have Frank, I know he snores but still.” They both laugh a little.
“Why’d Kurt Cobain commit suicide?” Molly says crossing her arms, “Its outta my control, I can be living perfection and still be depressed.”
“There’s gotta be some trigger.” Gerard persists.
“Hmph.” Molly sighs, “Okay, I get depressed because I’m afraid.”
“Afraid of what?”
“When I was a teenager, my dad had a midlife crisis. After they put him on meds and he was back to normal he told me that when he was fucked up he said he blamed me, my mom and my siblings for his rut.” Gerard’s jaw drops, “Because he used to be all wild rock and roll sort of guy back in the day then he settled down, nine to five all that stuff.”
“But what does that have to do with you?” Gerard chokes up.
“Everyone says I’ve got my dad’s mind, I don’t want to end up like him.” Molly says pulling her legs up to her chest, “It makes me depressed.”
“But that won’t happen to you, you’re Molly Fiasco, you’re the modern day Joan Jett! There’s no way in hell you’ll end up working nine to five and all that shit.”
“Well I’m afraid that I don’t know, me and my band mates will get married, have kids and stuff then just stop.”
“Do you want to stop being in a band?” Gerard asks crossing his arms, “Do Jess and Tray want to?” Molly shakes her head, “Of course not! So what you guys take a break and shit to have families if you want, it doesn’t mean you still can’t rock out. Look at Courtney Love! She had a kid and was still a friggin rock star.”
“Yeah, I guess you’re right.” Molly sighs as she leans back.
“Do you think its any different with guys in bands?” Gerard asks seriously.
“Well yeah, no one wants to watch a pregnant chick rocking out.”
“Okay, true. But don’t you think us guys wanna be there for our kids?” Gerard states, “Do you know what happened to Bob when he found out Melanie’s pregnant?”
“Mel’s pregnant?” Molly exclaims.
“Oh uhh yeah, he found out the night you OD’d.” he says awkwardly, “Made baby Bob on her last visit.” He pauses, “He got upset that he couldn’t be home with her, he was happy as hell when he found out then he got pissed off the tour was another month and a half.”
“Awe, that’s so sweet.” Molly says with a grin.
“Listen, if one day in the future you and Frank get married have kids or whatever. I’ll be more than happy to babysit if it means you don’t have to give up your career.” He jokes.
“Gerard you’re a cheese-ball.”
“So I take it those anti-depressants are working?” Gerard asks cocking an eyebrow.
“Yeah.” She says gruffly, “I hate the fact that I have to take them.”
“Its not big deal.”
“Worst of all, I can’t even be in control of everything, I mean Jess has them hidden and she’s like the friggin medicine nazi.” Gerard laughs, “I swear, yesterday I had a head ache and she asked me like a million questions before giving me an aspirin, then for the rest of the night she was watching me like a hawk!”
“It’s only because she cares.” Gerard says in a cheesy voice.
“And I think the Capacity guys are hiding their shaving razors.” Molly laughs, “Usually they leave their shit lying around everywhere now its all put away, and the scissors have mysteriously gone missing.” Both of them are having a hardy laugh, “I feel like the friggin bubble boy.”
“Well, eventually things will go back to normal and people will stop being so paranoid about you.” he says sincerely, “When I hit my all time low, everyone on the tour stopped drinking alcohol and doing drugs. They all started clean living for me. I hated it but by the next tour Frank asked me if I’d be okay if they drank around me. I had no problem with it so it was okay.”
“Ahh I hope so.” Molly sighs.
“So did you start exercising and stuff yet.”
“Nope,” she mumbles, “But Frank and I are supposed to go for a jog later,” she sighs, “I don’t like jogging.”
“Gym class flunky?”
“You know it.” She laughs.
“Just between you and me, I think everyone on this tour is a gym class flunky.” Gerard says in mock whisper.

“How’s it going?” Frank asks slinking onto the bus. He slides onto the couch next to Molly.
“Good, I guess.” Molly says half-heartedly. Frank kisses the side of her head.
“Don’t you two have to go for a run or something?” Gerard asks, not wanting to be witness to open snogging.
“Marf.” Molly mutters, “You’ll get yours.”
“Whee!” Gerard says sticking out his tongue.

Frank stands up, as much as he really didn’t want to go run laps around the venue he knew for Molly’s sake he had to be optimistic.
“C’mon, only a couple of laps.” He says holding his hand out for her.
“Alright, let’s go.” Molly says as they head out of the bus.

Halfway through their second lap, Molly jogs in place waiting for Frank to catch up.
“C’mon Frankie.” She laughs.
“How do you still have energy?” he gasps for air.
“Cut down on the ciggies smokey!” Molly chants.
“Its okay.” He groans as they start jogging together again, “And stop talking about cigarettes cause I rather be smoking one right now.” Molly jumps him and kisses his cheek before sprinting ahead. “SHOW OFF!” he strains to catch up with her.

As he runs after her he feels the box of cigarettes in his pocket rubbing against his leg. He really wanted to stop and have a smoke, but he knew he promised Molly he’d exercise with her. He catches up with her at the canteen tent where she’s guzzling down a bottle of water. She tosses him a bottle and they go to sit down.
“I win.” She snickers.
“Well, I didn’t know it was a competition.” Frank protests as he pulls the box out of his pocket.
“You’re gotta be kidding me.”
“What?” Frank asks putting the cigarette to his mouth. She points at it.
“That right there will undo any good that run did for you.”
“Since when are you health conscience?” Frank chortles.
“Hey! So then why are you making sure I eat?” Molly exclaims.
“Because . . .” he trails off, “I don’t want you to end up in hospital again or friggin anorexia rehab!”
“Where do you think that’ll put you?”
“Molly, what the hell? You didn’t have problems with me smoking before.” Frank says in disbelief.
“Well that was before!”
“Before what?”
“Before I knew I loved you.” she smacks her hand over her mouth.
“Was I not supposed to know that?” Frank asks with a hint of a smirk.
“No, well yes, but not like that.” She groans as she buries her face in her hands.
“Like how then?”
“I dunno,” she murmurs, “Like not in the middle of an argument.”
“Oh okay.” Frank says nodding, “So do you want me to wait till we’re not arguing before I tell you I love you.”
“Yea-no, just say it when you want, if you want, if you actually mean it.” Molly rambles.
“Molly,” he chuckles as he takes her hand and motions for her to sit down, “I love you.” she laughs a little.
“I love you too.”
“I know.” Frank says with a grin. He kisses her lips gently.