Iero Fiasco

More Shit and More Fans

Frank hasn’t seen Molly all day because she’s disappeared with her band mates because they wanted to have an all day band practice, so he decides to bug Bob. As Frank walks onto the tour bus Bob is finishing up a conversation with his wife and puts down the phone.
“Bob, am I pretty?” Frank coos in a girlish way.
“Very.” Bob laughs light-heartedly, “If I wasn’t married I’d do you right now.”
“Oh shucks.” The younger man laughs, “You really know how to make a gal feel special.”
“Well I try.”
“I’m bored, let’s jam or something.” Frank says irritated at the fact that his girlfriend is having more fun at this moment then he is. Bob shrugs and they head out of the bus to find a drum set they can tamper with.

Later that day Frank and Molly catch each other’s eye, but Molly doesn’t stop she continues on her way because she’s already late for her stage cue.
“Mol-“ Frank calls out, she waves him away as she starts to run faster. He grumbles and sticks his hands in his pockets, My Chemical Romance are going to play right after Warped Battery so he’s bored senseless.

Towards the end of Warped Battery’s set, the members of My Chemical Romance assemble themselves off-stage with their instruments ready. Meanwhile on-stage, Jess and Tray can’t help but cringe a little, Molly is really out of her zone tonight, she’s been messing up for the past half hour. At the end of the final song Molly takes off her bass and chucks it at the ground before storming off. Tray runs to pick up the instrument and then she and Jess run off stage as My Chemical Romance make they’re way onto it.

Frank stops a moment but is pulled on-stage by Gerard.
“Jess and Tray can handle it.” He murmurs, “Everyone has a bad show.”

At the end of the set, Frank walks through the backstage area till he finds Jess.
“Is Molly alright?” he asks expecting her to reply yeah, just a little pissed off but is upset to hear the truth.
“No, we can’t find her anywhere, she just stormed off.”
“Wha?” Gerard asks catching up with Frank.
“Maybe she left the forum all together.” Frank suggests as he goes into the dressing room to get his cell phone, he returns and faces Jess, “You stay here and continue to look for her, I’ll borrow Warson’s car and see if-“
“Its pouring buckets out there, she wouldn’t-“ Jess protests.
“You’d be surprised.” Gerard says nodding his head signaling Frank to go. He hurries after his band mate until he sees another of the tour managers named Alison Dafiter.
“Ali, can I borrow your car?” he asks urgently, Frank had spotted Warson further down and had gone to ask him.
“Uhh why?”
“Emergency.”
“What kind?” she asks in a worried voice.
“Molly disappeared.” With that Alison reaches into her pocket and retrieves her keys before tossing them to Gerard.

Frank and Gerard run out into the pouring rain to where the cars are lined up and they get into the separate vehicles before driving off in opposite directions.

Molly takes her set of keys out of her pocket and starts scratching words into the wooden bench, her feet are wet, her nose is runny, but she doesn’t care, the feeling of the rain beating down on her and the distant rumbling of thunder is sort of liberating. She finishes carving a phrase into the wood and looks it over as tears continue to roll from her like they have been for the past hour. LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE AND THEY DON’T BELIEVE IN ME. It was a line from a song that had helped her out a few years before but its healing power had somehow faded in recent times.

“Molly!” a voice calls in the distance. She pulled her knees up to her chest and hopes she would disappear, but she doesn’t instead she sneezed loudly, “Molly.” The voice said again, this time from a mere foot away.
“I stopped taking my pills.” She replied quietly before looking up to see Frank’s face fall. He doesn’t say anything. He puts her arm around his own neck and helps her up before practically carrying her across the park back to Warson’s car.

Frank puts Molly in the passenger’s seat before calling Gerard.
“Hello?”
“I found her.” Frank says as he goes over to the driver’s side of the car.
“Okay.” And with that both men hang up.

Nothing is said on the short drive back to the backstage area of the forum. Like before Frank ends up helping Molly make the walk to the Warped Battery changing room. She stands in front of the sofa, not moving a muscle as Frank tries to think of something to say.
“You should put on some dry clothes or you’ll get sick.” He says calmly, but she doesn’t react so he goes over to her bag and pulls out a pair of jean and the first t-shirt he sees. He hands them to her but she doesn’t take them. “Molly, c’mon.” he groans. He goes to unzip her sweater and as he does so she puts her icy lips against his. Her sweater falls to the floor and her cold, wet arms wrap around his neck. He’s stunned at first but gives in as a silent passion grows between them. After a minute Frank stops her, she’s so cold it’s scaring him. He goes to the sink and gets a towel off the counter as she complies to his previous demand and undresses from her sopping wet clothing. She dries off and gets dressed again before collapsing in Frank’s arms and shivering in a delayed reaction.

“Why’d you stop taking your pills?” he asks her as she continues to shake in his arms.
“I didn’t want to be a slave to something so, so, so-“ she stumbles with her words.
“But you can’t just stop taking them cold turkey, you have to ease out of them.”
“I was doing so well, I didn’t need them anymore.” She protested, “I don’t need them.”
“Take them a little while longer and then when you get home, you can see another doctor who will decide what’s best.”
“You don’t understand!” Molly exclaims as she pushes him away, “Since I’ve been taking the stuff I haven’t been able to write a goddamn thing!”
“And like this you can?” Frank asks raising his voice as well, “Have you written a song today?”
“No.”
“Any inspiration?”
“Fuck it!” Molly screams.
“Its making you a fucking wreck!”
“Yeah well, all the best artists are a wreck!” she replies.
“You’re going to end up like fucking Kurt Cobain if you keep this up!” he accuses, “Do you really want to trade in your life for a fucking song!”
“Fuck you!” Molly screams.
“If you don’t have inspiration right now, don’t blame it on the only things keeping you from killing yourself! Gerard was able to write on and off the stuff, so what you’re saying is shit!” Molly’s legs give way and she falls to the ground and starts sobbing.

“Molly.” Frank says softly as he goes on his knees and wraps his arms around her, “I’m sorry.”
“You’re right,” she cries, “You’re always fucking right.”
“Molly.” He sighs, “Just keeping taking the pills.”
“I fucking hate this.”
“If you keep taking the pills then I’ll,” he pauses to think for a second, “I’ll try to quit smoking.”
“Frank, you don’t have to-“
“Its okay, apparently their bad for you.”
“Apparently?” she laughs lightly.