Iero Fiasco

Apologies

“Whoosh!” Drew exclaims as he semi-tackles Tray onto the tour bus sofa.
“Watch it love birds.” Molly says as she stands up from the sofa and backs away, nearly bumping into Durban, “Uh sorry.” She says as she sits on the edge on a vacant bunk.
“As I was saying, the movie was completely unnerving.” Durban says smugly to Jess, “The last scene was completely out of context.”

Molly observes the subtle yet constant flirting going on between them, and mix that with Drew and Tray’s oh-so-friendly good byes the scene was making her sick. Durban excuses himself to go the washroom, leaving Jess’s attention towards Molly.
“So umm, why are you on this bus?”
“Frank and I sorta got into a fight.”
“What kind of fight?” Jess asks slowly, Molly once had a boyfriend that got a bit violent at times and she didn’t tell anyone.
“He was pissed off because he thinks I can’t talk to him about shit.” Molly groans, “And then he accused Gerard and I of having an affair.”
“What?” Jess says in disbelief, “Was he drunk?”
“No, I don’t think so, just pissy.”
“So is it over between you two?”
“I don’t know.” Molly grumbles, “I don’t know anything anymore.”

Frank wishes with all his might that the night before had only been a nightmare, but it wasn’t. No one on the bus was talking; the only interaction between band members was the game of crazy eights going on between Mikey and Bob. Frank rocks back and forth a bit in his seat before he can’t stand it anymore. He looks over at Gerard and sucks up his pride.
“Gerard, I’m sorry about the shit I said yesterday.” But Gerard doesn’t reply, “I know you hear me.”
“Yeah so?”
“You’re still pissed at me?”
“Well how can I not be pissed at you?!” Gerard exclaims, “Over the past eight years, I’ve been nothing but a good friend to you, and out of the fucking blue you accuse me of having an affair with your girlfriend!”
“I said I was sorry!”
“Well its fucking insulting!” Bob breaths in deeply.
“Shut the fuck up! Both of you!” he yells, “We can’t continue with you two being pissy at each other, so go outside and hash it out if you have to, but I’m giving you guys five minutes before I start kicking both your asses for giving me a goddamn headache.”

Frank and Gerard exchange confused and worried looks. Gerard stands up and clears his throat before walking out of the bus. Frank follows carefully, on a good day, he could probably take Gerard but today isn’t a good day.
“Go ahead.” Frank says bracing himself for the patented Gerard punch.
“I’m not going to knock your lights out.” he grunts, “I want to know why the fuck you would even think that.”
“I don’t know, its just ‘cause,” he pauses, “Molly talks to you about everything because you know where she’s coming from. I hate the fact that she can’t talk to me!”
“She doesn’t want you freaking out or worrying because she claims, and I agree that the people you love over-react to everything, sometimes she just doesn’t want any reaction.”
“Again, no one tells me this.” Frank sighs.

“Is everything worked out here?” Bob asks from the doorway of the bus. Gerard nods.
“Yeah.”
“Good.” Bob says as he heads back into the bus, “Where’s my phone?!”
“I guess I should apologize to Molly too.” Frank sighs.
“Yeah, that would be a good idea.” Gerard says heading back onto the bus.

As Frank walks across the parking lot to the Wasted Sobriety/Capacity bus he knows what he’s about to do won’t be easy. He opens the door and walks up the steps and as he does the chatter falls silent.
“Umm, Molly.” He says carefully as the eyes of her band mates burn through him, “do you think we can talk?”
“Go ahead.” She says crossing her arms.
“In private?”
“No.” she says coldly. Frank looks at the others who are staring at him.
“Please.”
“No.” he lets out a reluctant sigh.
“Okay, fine. I’m sorry I freaked out yesterday.” He starts, “I was completely out of line and you have the right to kick my ass royally.” Molly can’t help but smile a little but then remembers she’s still pissed at him. Molly rolls hers eyes and pushes past him and walks outside. Frank stands in spot, not sure what to do.
“Do you want to talk in private or what?” Molly calls. Frank hurries out of the bus and Molly takes his hand and pulls him to behind the bus.

“How can you not trust me?”
“You locked yourself in the washroom to hurt yourself, you can’t talk to me, and you lied about it all.” Frank states, “Do you have any idea how that makes me feel?”
“But I’ve never given you any reason to doubt us as a couple.”
“Molly! Couples don’t keep secrets!” he says exasperated, “Well they do, but not ones like these.” Molly crosses her arms.
“What secrets are you keeping from me then?”
“That doesn’t matter.” Frank grumbles. Molly purses her lips, “I’ve uhh, been sneaking the occasional cigarette.”
“Oh yeah, like that’s so much better than me hurting myself!”
“Fuck Molly!” he yells, “I came to apologize and look how it works out!”
“Well, apology accepted. I’ll see you later.” She says seriously. She walks quietly back to the bus door.
“So is that it then?” Frank calls after her. She sighs then turns around.
“Right now, our brains are fucked and attacks have turned a bit personal, so in all honesty, I want to be alone a while.”
“I-I . . .alright.” he sighs. He sticks his hands in his pockets and starts to walk around the venue, just him and his thoughts.