Iero Fiasco

Making Up

“Here ya go.” Jess says handing Molly her anti-depressants. Molly rolls her eyes.
“You don’t have to keep doing this.” Molly mutters referring to the medication control.
“Yeah I do, with all your attempts to stop taking them.” She says, as Molly swallows the capsules. Molly opens her mouth and sticks out her tongue.
“Kay?”
“Yeah.” Jess says as she slumps down next to her, “You feeling alright, you look a sick.”
“I’m fine.” Molly says shrugging, “Just a little blue.”
“C’mon, cheer up ‘cause I’m hyper.” Jess says jabbing her band mate in the ribs.
“I’m going to sleep.” Molly says as she goes and disappears to the bus bunks.

Jess sits on the couch miserably, Tray left earlier to see Drew off at the airport and the Capacity guys are having a band practice. Suddenly Ray stumbles onto the bus.
“Hey umm, mind if I hang out here?”
“Yeah, no problem.” Jess shrugs.
“Thanks.” Ray says as he sits down on the couch and turns on the TV. Jess watches him watch TV for a second with curiosity.
“Not trying to be rude of anything, but what’s wrong with your bus?”
“Uh, well Bob’s been a grump because Mel just had her first ultrasound and he couldn’t be there, then there’s Gerard who’s forgiven Frank but is still pissed at him, then Frank who’s all miserable because Molly’s pissed at him, and well Mikey, well Mikey’s fine, he’s in his own world sorta thing.”
“We really need to get Molly and Frank back together,” Jess says as she takes the remote from Ray and changes channels, “Here I am bored out of my mind because she’s too blue to do anything.”
“Where is she anyway?”
“She’s sleeping, again, fuck except for band practice and stage time it seems like she’s always sleeping.”
“Yeah, Frank is just as pathetic,” Ray mumbles as he takes the remote back from Jess and puts it back to what he was watching, “My question is why the keep torturing themselves like this.”
“Don’t get me wrong, I love Molly, but she’s a stubborn cow sometimes.” Jess says snatching the remote back yet again.
“Well give em a couple of days and they’ll come around.” Ray says as he realizes the channel’s been changed on him.
“It’s already been a couple of days.” Jess says shaking her head.
“Well then give them another two weeks and tour will be over.” he murmurs as he takes the remote back.
“Yeah but then I’ll still have to deal with her.”
“Ha!” Ray laughs, “I can avoid Frank until he gets over her. Even though that could quite possibly last a good few months.”
“See.” Jess mumbles.
“Yeah, they’re real pains in the ass when they’re apart.” Ray says as he switches the channel.
“Goddamnit Ray!” Jess exclaims, “One channel!”

Molly bites her lips quietly, she overheard their entire conversation. She wants to be back with Frank but things are just majorly fucked up. She comes up with a plan in her head. She plans on leaving the bus and walk around the parking lot for exactly five minutes and if in that time Frank came outside she’ll take him in with open arms, if not, she’ll come back to the bus and sleep.

She climbs out of her bunk and walks up to Jess and Ray.
“I’m going for a walk.” She murmurs as she cuts in front of the TV and heads out of the bus. She crosses her arms to fight off the cool autumn wind and doesn’t have to walk far before for she sees the familiar figure in the distance. The only problem was the puff of smoke escaping from his mouth. What’s kind of mixed sign is this? she thinks to herself. None the less the mental karmic agreement stayed into play and she proceeded forward to him.

She stands a good two feet away from him, he looks up and lets his cigarette fall to the ground before stubbing it out with his foot.
“Hi.” She says rubbing her arms to keep warm.
“Hi.” He says in return, he scratches his eyebrow with his forefinger, “I can’t give you any more apologies if that’s what you’re here for. I’m out of things to say, because I love you’s not enough anymore is it?” Molly looks at her feet and inhales deeply.
“It’s my turn to apologize.” She murmurs, “Yeah, you were out of place with the me and Gerard thing, but I’ve dragged you to hell and back and you’ve stuck by me the whole time.”
“Mol.” He sighs.
“So,” she says taking in another deep breath, “I’m sorry I don’t talk to you like I should and I’ll try to stop keeping secrets.” She pouts as she rubs her arms yet again. Frank rolls his eyes as if he were laughing and envelopes her in his arms.
“Molly, you may be the highest maintenance girlfriend I’ve ever had but somehow you’re worth it.” He smirks as she rests her head on his shoulder.

“Oh thank god!” Fletch from The Burnouts yells across the parking lot. Frank and Molly part and start laughing, “You know when two tour members are feuding it affects everyone else.”
“I’ve realized.” Molly says laughing lightly.
“So like you’re back together now, right?” he asks just to be sure.
“Yeah.” Frank says nodding.
“Okay, cool man.” He says as he runs off, “Oh, and its four o’clock.”

Frank and Molly look at each other and grin.
“Shall we?” he asks laughing.
“Yeah.” She says laughing just as much and they go off to find the others to join in the shenanigans of Big Bubba’s exercise tape.