Iero Fiasco

The Juno Awards

Later on that week Frank and his band mates find themselves in Toronto for the Juno Music Awards. They were nominated for Best International Band for their new album Salute to the Feeble. Everyone except Frank and Gerard came with a date. Gerard had just broken up with his girlfriend a month prior and well Frank hadn’t had a girlfriend in eight months.

“Hey, isn’t that your dream girl?” Gerard points out to Frank. He looks through the crowd of Canadian musicians and talking to Benjamin Kowalewicz the lead singer of Billy Talent is Molly. She's wearing a blood red corseted top with a black shredded looking skirt, spider web nylons and her classic black and white chucks.
“Yeah.” Frank says dreamily. But he’s shaken from his dream state when Benjamin walks away from her revealing a bleach blond, skateboarder kind of guy with his arm around her waist, “Should’ve figured she had a boyfriend.”
“You going to talk to her?” Gerard asks as Molly’s band mates and their dates form a sort of conversation circle.
“What part of she has a boyfriend don’t you understand?” Frank exclaims.
“She’s nineteen, it won’t last, and you know Mary Jane for Spiderman had a boyfriend and look how that ended up.”
“So now I’m Spiderman?” Frank snorts, “And secondly I’m shorter than her, no girl I’ve met wants to date some guy shorter than her.”
“Fine whatever, but when you hear that she and skater boy over there break up you’re going to be kicking yourself in the face for not going to talk to her.”

“So how many awards are you nominated for?” Tray’s date, Drew asks.
“Four.” Jess replies, “Best rock album, best rock band, best female artist and-“
“You guys are boring me,” Molly gibbers, “I’m gonna look around this place.” It’s the first time they’ve been to any award show and Molly wanted to see what everything was all about, so she and her date for the evening Jay, started making their way around.

“Do you think Angus Young will be here?” Jay asks jokingly.
“I somehow doubt it considering this is the Junos.” Molly laughs, “Thanks again for coming with me.”
“Ah well, its not problem.” Jay, her old high school friend says laughing, “besides saying I dated Molly Fiasco will seriously help me score some chicks.”
“True, but what if they ask you why we broke up?”
“Uhh, uhh, then I’ll say touring was taking a serious toll on our relationship.”
“Holy shit! It’s My Chemical Romance!” Molly hisses as she tugs on Jay’s arm hyperactively.
“Holy shit you’re right!” Jay exclaims, they were both fans of the band since high school.
“Should we go talk to them?”
“I don’t know, do you think they’ll know who you are?” Jay asks.
“Probably not.” Molly sighs, “Oh well, who cares.”

Molly marches forward to the band that she’s loved for the past four years and got her through some tough times. As she does none other then Frank steps forward towards her.
“Hi, I’m-“
“Molly Fiasco, I know who you are.” Frank says smiling.
“Oh, I didn’t know my band was that popular.” Molly blushes.
“Well, I’ve heard of Warped Battery, you guys, sorry girls are great.”
“Thanks, well I’m at a loss for words, My Chemical Romance is, wow.” Molly rambles, “This is my friend Jay.”
“Nice to meet you.” Frank says absently, not pulling his eyes away from Molly.
“I’m sorry, I’m a big fan and I was wondering if I could have you guys’ autographs.” Jay requests hopefully.
“Yeah sure.” Gerard says a few steps from behind Frank, “Do you have a paper?” Jay glances around a grabs a cocktail napkin off one of the waiter’s trays. Gerard signs the paper then passes it to Frank. The rest of the band was preoccupied with their dates.

Jay’s cell phone starts ringing so he excuses himself and walks away.
“So what does your boyfriend do?” Frank asks casually.
“Boyfriend? Oh, Jay? He’s not my boyfriend; he’s just an old friend of mine, since I didn’t have a date for tonight I asked him to come with me.” Molly laughs, “He doesn’t work, he’s still in college.”
“So how long are you in Toronto?”
“Another two days, you?”
“Same,” Frank rocks on his heels nervously, he wouldn’t have much longer to talk to her because people were filing into the hall to take their seats before the award show, “So i heard your birthday just passed, do you think I can take you out for drinks tommorrow?”
“Yeah, that sounds great.”
“We should be going.” Jay reminds Molly as he walks back, “Jess and Tray are waiting for us.”
“Right, I’m staying at the Hilton.” Molly says as she and Jay walk away.

Molly sits between Jay and Jess in the auditorium.
“Where’d you go?”
“I saw Frank Iero and Gerard Way.” She whispers excitedly.
“Yeah, I saw Mikey Way and his girlfriend.” Jess says casually.
“Frank asked me out for a drink!”
“Are you serious, just you and him?” Jess says un-amused.
“Yeah!”

“Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to the 2009 annual Juno music awards!”