Iero Fiasco

Mystery

Frank wakes up alone so he rolls out of bed and heads out of his room to find the bathroom door locked.
"Molly, I've already seen you naked a gazillion times." he murmurs as he bangs his head against the door tiredly.
"I know." she says as she opens the bathroom door, there's a sort of stench in the air that Frank can't ignore.
"Did you up-chuck?"
"Uhh yeah, sorta." she says passively.
"Are you okay? You sick?"
"I'm fine." she says looking him in the eye, "honestly."
"Then I guess I'm gonna pee." Frank says trying to believe her but he can't help but doubt her after all that's happened.

Molly goes off to the bedroom to get ready to go shopping with Hannah when Frank's phone starts ringing.
"Frank, your phone!" she calls.
"Answer it please!" Molly clambers across the bed to the nightstand and picks up the phone.

"Frank Iero's phone, Molly speaking."
"Molly!" a high pitched voice shrieks, so high pitched Molly's surprised the dogs in the next room aren't going berserks.
"Let me guess, Nancy?"
"Yeah." she shrieks, "How come you didn't tell us you were coming to Jersey?"
"I didn't know I was supposed to."
"Its Molly?" Melanie exclaims in the background, "Ask her to hang out with us today."
"Uhh do you wanna hang with us today?"
"Sorry, I'm busy, I already said I'd go shopping with Hannah today."
"Oh, can we come too?"
"Umm." Molly says just as Frank walks into the room, "Its your cousins." She goes back to her suitcase and pulls on a shirt.

"Hello?" he says putting the phone to his ear, "She doesn't want to talk to you." he laughs, "besides, she's getting dressed . . . because if I did then you'd be calling here all the time and being annoying . . . yeah you are . . .you're being annoying right now . . . no I haven't seen it . . .call Brian and see if you left it at his house." he says rubbing his forehead, "Then take better care of your cell phone! . . . Hanging up now." he puts the phone down and flops onto his bed.

"God, they're annoying." he says exasperated.
"Yeah, but they're cute." Molly snickers as he rolls out of bed again.
"Coffee, you want some."
"Nope, I'm good." she says adjusting her bra under her shirt.

Frank rolls out of bed again then heads into the kitchen as Molly just fixes up her hair. She then slinks into the kitchen where Frank is leaning against the counter opposite the coffee maker. She wraps her arms around his neck and leans against him.
"I love you." she murmurs pecking at his lips.
"Love you too." he says as he rubs his hands up and down her back.

The buzz of the intercom is enough to interrupt them.
"That's probably Hannah." Molly says heading to press the buzzer.
"Yeah, so why are you going shopping with her anyway."
"Just some girly time." Molly says after pressing the button to unlock the door.
"What about Jess and Tray, don't they supply enough girly time?"
"Frank." Molly says rolling her eyes, "I'll be back this by supper, then we have till Sunday to dick around." she opens the fridge, "You got any fruit."
"Uhh, I've got a few apples in the bottom of the fridge." he says scratching the back of his head. There's a knock on the door.
"Kay bye." she says pecking his lips quickly before heading out the door.

Frank fills his coffee mug before heading to the couch and turning on the TV and second he does a commercial for a pregnancy test comes up on the screen. His mind starts to work, why was Molly throwing up? He shakes the thought from his head, why didn't she want a coffee, she's a coffee addict. Again, he tries to think rationally, he tries to convince himself that if there's something going on with her she'd tell him. There was the whole depression thing she kept secret, why did she have an apple for breakfast? He knows all too well Molly is the type of person to eat cold leftovers for breakfast, straight out of the container, still in front of the open fridge.

He shuts off the TV and heads over the book shelf and looks over his collection of Irvine Welsh and Stephen King books. Why does Molly need girly time, while in Jersey? Why did Brian bring up the topic of maturity and having kids?

Frank sprints across his apartment and picks up the phone. He dials his brother's cell phone number and puts it to his ear.
"You've reached Brian Iero." the answering machine dictates.
"Fuck." Frank mumbles, "Bri, its Frank, call me back." Frank paces back and forth uneasily then grabs his cell to look up Jess's number, he dials it and puts his phone to his ear.

"Hello?"
"Jess, its Frank."
"Mmm, oh hey, happy thanksgiving." she says tiredly.
"Erm, were you sleeping?"
"Yeah, but what's up?"
"Has Molly been acting strange lately?"
"No, why is she okay? I'm pretty sure, she's been taking her meds."
"Uhh yeah, I mean, she hasn't told you anything."
"She told me she was going to fuck your brains out all week for the sheer purpose of disturbing me. But other than that, no." Jess rambles, "But seriously Frank, what's going on?"
"Nothing, I'm just paranoid."
"That all?" she yawns.
"Yeah." he says hanging up the phone.

Next he dials Tray's phone number but there's no answer so he calls Gerard.
"Fuck you." Gerard answers, "I was sleeping."
"Uhh sorry." Frank says carelessly, "Did Molly happen to mention anything to you?"
"Like what?" he groans, "You mean, depression like stuff, no, she's fine."
"She didn't say anything strange or-"
"Frank, get to the point, what do you want to know?"
"I think she might be pregnant."
"She didn't tell me anything about that." Gerard says slightly shocked, "Why would you think that?"
"I mean this morning she upchucked, she didn't want any coffee, she was eating fruit for breakfast."
"Oh god forbid she eat fruit."
"She never eats fruit for breakfast! If she even eats breakfast its like pizza or a muffin at best."
"Well whoop-di-doo, she's got a stomach flu."
"But she was feeling better."
"Frank, I don't know! Why don't you just ask her yourself?!"
"Because she's out with Hannah having some sort of girls day out." Frank rambles, "Which gets me more unnerved because why would she need girl time when she's in an effing girl band! I'm thinking she needs to talk to someone wizened with age."
"Frank, chill out." Gerard says for lack of anything better to say."You don't know anything for sure."
"Uhh yeah okay. I mean, like you said it could be the stomach flu."
"Oh, since I've got you on the phone now anyway, Ray and I have some ideas for our next album so we wanna meet up tomorrow at his place and talk about it."
"Yeah, okay, what time?"
"Around four."
"M'okay."

Upon ending the phone call, Frank starts to pace back and forth smacking himself on the forehead.
"Stupid shit." he mutters, "No need for a condom, she's on the pill." he smacks his forehead, "This ain't gonna sit well with any of our parents, fuck nineteen!" he spazzes out and flails his arms and legs out, "Nice job Frank!" He stops for a moment and remembers a little fact that he's come across with every girl he's ever dated. They always carry 'stuff' for their period, even if they're far away from their time of month.

He heads into the bedroom where Molly's duffel bag is and starts digging through it. The thought that he's invading her privacy isn't enough to stop him. After searching through all the clothes and pockets he can't seem to find a single pad or tampon. He rubs his face uneasily then spots a bottle of ant-acids. Ant-acids to help with nausea and indigestion.

"Okay." Frank sighs to himself as he sits on the floor trying to calm himself, "You can handle this, you're twenty-seven, tonnes of people have kids who are much younger than you." he murmurs, "Oh yeah, but they don't act like a fucking kid." he runs his hands through his hair, "And things were going so well for us."

"Next time I visit, we have to go shopping again." Molly says as she gets out of Hannah's car.
"Definitly." Hannah replies. Molly shuts the car door and heads into the aparment building using the spare keys Frank lent her for her stay this week. As she heads up the stairs she glances at her watch to see its already nearing ten o'clock. She can't help but feel guilty for staying out so late when she said she'd be back for supper. She unlocks the door and heads inside leaving her shopping bags on a nearby chair.

She sees a light coming from the bedroom and heads over to it.
"Sorry I stayed out so late." she mumbles to the still figure on the bed. She crawls from the foot of the bed towards Frank and rests her chin on his chest, "Frankie."
"Mmm." he says waking up with a jolt, "Uh, uh, did you have fun today?"
"Yeah." she says smiling, "I bought some sexy jeans."
"Oh, uh, that's great." he says sort of pulling away from her.
"Are you okay?" Molly questions, "You seem a bit off."
"Me? Oh, I'm fine, nothing to worry about." he says sitting up quickly, "How about you, what's up, any news, any anecdotes, anything you want to talk about?" Molly just laughs.
"God Frank, how much coffee did you have today?" she giggles as starts kissing his neck.
"I uh, I uh, wanted to ask you something." he says as she starts sucking and biting his neck affectionatly. She pushes him down on the bed, enjoying being slightly dominant.
"What's that?" she says as she straddles him and starts to remove his shirt.
"Please, its important."
"C'mon." she groans as she puts his arms around her.

He lets go and moves her off of his lap. He pulls her arms from him and stands up.
"I can't do this." he exclaims. Molly looks up at him with big eyes.
"Is it a guy thing?"
"No, its not a guy thing."
"I mean, its okay, not like all tell anyone." she says softly.
"It has nothing to do with my . .. my . . . stuff!" he exclaims.
"Then what's this all about?"
"You tell me!"
"What?" she exclaims exasperated.
"Molly, just, I can't do this." he says simply as he picks his shirt up off the floor and heads out of the room.