Iero Fiasco

Night on the Town

Molly opens up her suitcase and stares at the contents. She's just about ready to give up on choosing what to wear. What do you wear when you’re going out for drinks with your celeb crush? She decides grey-ish black jeans are a start, studded belt for sure. She decides her MCR band tee would be sort of dorky so she continues to stare into her suitcase until she decides on a red t-shirt with a black skull design along the rib cage.

Molly goes up to the mirror in her hotel room and applies her eyeliner and adjusts her hair. She’s so nervous she just keeps adjusting her ponytail and then pulling on the strands of hair dangling by her cheek. Her dark hair and eyeliner made her skin look ghostly pale, but she likes it that way.

She looks around the room and sees everything's a mess. What if she brought Frank back to the room with her? Though she highly doubted it, she only slept with one guy in her whole life and she’d been going out with him six months before she slept with him. She could still invite him up to watch a movie, right? She doesn’t know, she hasn’t had much experience in the dating game, her band was pretty much her life. Either way she puts away her stuff so the room looks somewhat presentable.

Frank called her earlier that day and said he’d come pick her up at eight. Molly looks at the clock in the room to see its seven forty-five. How's she going to keep herself sane for the next fifteen minutes. She puts on her chucks, yep she loves her chucks, and grabbs her purse before heading out the door. She plans on going over to Jess’s room where she and Tray are supposedly going to watch movies all evening. Their boyfriends and Jay left in the morning because they had to get back home for school.

She knocks on the door and Tray answers.
“You’re not room service.” She jokes as she lets Molly in.
“Frank is only coming in fifteen minutes, and I’m nervous as hell.”
“Molly, nervous? Is the possible?” Jess teases.
“It’s very possible!” Molly exclaims as she sits on the couch in front of the TV with her band mates. She spends the next ten minutes watching the clock on the DVD player go by ever so slowly.

“You know what, he might be early, I don’t want to keep him waiting.” Molly says getting up nervously, “I’ll see you guys later.”
“Bye!” Tray and Jess say simultaneously as Molly hurries out the door. She makes her way down to the lobby and looks around at the sitting area.

She sees a black patch of hair over the back of one of the arm chairs, it has to be Frank.
“Frank?” she asks carefully. He stands up and whips around quickly.
“Hey Molly.” He says smiling, “ready to go?”
“I am if you are.” The pair head out the door and wait for the valet to bring the car around.

“So were you waiting long?” Molly asks as they get into the rental car. Frank laughs nervously.
“Do you want to know the truth?”
“Well, duh.”
“I was so nervous and anxious about tonight I was waiting in the lobby for a good half hour.” He avoids eye contact, “I mean you’re the Molly Fiasco.”
“Well what about you? You’re the Frank Iero!”

“Let’s change topic of conversation, shall we?” Frank asks as he drums his black painted finger nails against the steering wheel.
“Yeah, so how’s touring?” she asks as she drums her own black nails against her thighs.
“We just finished, and now we’re thinking about doing a multi-band tour. What about your band?”
“I’m not really sure, we don’t get much funding so we’re probably just going to leech on a headlining band.” she shrugs, “Have you been to Toronto before?”
“Err, three times, but I only saw the concert halls and the Much Music studio.” Molly laughs.
“So, do you know where you’re going?”
“Umm, sort of.” He laughs, “I was told there are a bunch of clubs and stuff around here.”
“Turn right here.” Molly points out, “It’s this street if I remember correctly. There’s a parking lot about a block down.” Frank laughs as he maneuvers past a double parked car.
“I know I’m terribly unromantic, I should’ve dropped you off the door.”
“What? And give someone that chance to kidnap me?” Molly jokes, “You’re just keeping me safe.”
“Yeah, I’ll take that.” He pulls into the parking lot, its past six so he doesn’t have to bother with the toll booth.

They get out of the car and Molly looks her date over, he's only an inche shorter than her, usually she prefers taller guys but let’s face it, what Frank lacks in height he makes up in hotness.
“So this way?” Frank asks nervously pointing to one of the clubs that looked more rock’n’roll than R&B. Molly nods, walking next to her he decides to lace his fingers through hers.

They make their way to a table in the club where a live band is playing some sort of power ballad. Frank gets up quickly though to go get them their drinks. Molly waits anxiously in her chair, she still can’t believe who she's on a date with. Frank finally returns with a Sex On The Beach for her and a Molson beer for himself.
“Drinking Canadian?” she laughs.
“Uh yeah, I figure when in Rome-“ he says as he puts the cool bottle to his lips, “Plus, its stronger than American beer.”
“Water is stronger than American beer.” Molly chortles.
“Is ordering that drink,” he points to her glass, “a pick up line?” Molly stares at her pink drink for a moment.
“Not really, I don’t drink beer and well this is my favorite cocktail.”
“And why don’t you drink beer?”
“Because honestly, I hate the taste and most people just drink beer to prove that they can handle liquor, you know, to be cool.” They both laugh, “I don’t have to prove myself to anyone.”
“Okay, but I like the taste of beer so.” He sticks out his tongue then proceeds to take a sip.
“Oh Frank is one of the cool kids now.” Molly teases.
“Please, I’m from Jersey, kids are drinking beer out of their baby bottles.” Frank can’t help but notice Molly smile at his joke, which gives him a boost of confidence.

“So do you still live in Jersey or-“ Molly asks.
“Yeah, I don’t know, the gang bangers on the street corner just scream home.”
“Is it really that bad?”
“Nah, well sort of.” Frank laughs, “Jersey is New York’s retarded younger brother. I mean where I live is okay.” Molly takes a sip from her drink not bothering to wipe the smile from her face, “So where do you live?”
“I live in Montreal,” she starts, “I remember a few years back I couldn’t wait till I got out of college so I could move here to Toronto.”
“And why didn’t you?”
“Firstly, I dropped out of college because of my band, and it’s kind of hard to record with said band when one of the members is three hundred miles away.”
“What were you taking in college?”
“Liberal Arts and well,” Molly stops to laugh.
“What?” despite his question she continues to laugh, “C’mon tell me.”
“I was taking a sexology course.”
“Awesome!” Frank laughs.
“It was all about the human psyche and how it reacts to sex.” She explains.
“So does that mean you’re good in the sack,” he pauses, “I shouldn’t have said that.”
“Nah it’s okay.” Molly laughs at his embarrassment, “Once this guy I knew, back in high school asked if I’d take his virginity.”
“Seriously?”
“Yeah, because I had the rep of being some sort of sex fiend, truth was I only lost my virginity at the start of college.”
“Fair enough, I lost mine midway through college, cause I was that much of a loser.”
“I think anyone in a slightly successful band was a loser their whole life.” Molly smiles, “Its karma.”
“So you believe in Karma?” Frank asks.
“Sort of, only when it’s convenient. I try not to believe in anything, it makes people ignorant.” She takes another sip from her drink, “What about you, are you religious in anyway?”
“Me, uh no, I was sent to Catholic school as a kid.” He says, subconsciously picking at the label on his beer bottle, “But, my family would go to church for Christmas and yeah, that’s about it. I never really picked up on it.”
“You didn’t say that because I said believing in one thing because it makes someone ignorant did you?”
“Nah.” Frank chuckles.

The continue talking late into the night. Neither can believe how well it's going and how they just click.
“Excuse me, but we’re closing up now.” One of the bartenders says, coming up to their table. Frank looks at his watch.
“Wow, three AM already.”
“I guess time flies when you’re having fun.” Molly sighs as they get up and head to the door, “What time does your flight leave?”
“We have to be at the air port at eleven.” Frank sighs as they cross the street to get to the parking lot.
“That sucks.”
“Well, I’m not much of a morning person, but do you want to have breakfast with me?”
“Yeah.” Molly says as they slip into the car, “I’ll just drink a couple liters of coffee before I meet you so that I’m somewhat conscious.”
“So, do you want me to join you at the Hilton?”
“Yeah, definitely.”

Frank pulls up in front of the hotel and stops.
“Tonight was fun.” Molly says awkwardly as she looks at her date, she wants to kiss him so badly but she's the queen of messing up first kisses.
“Yeah.” Frank says softly as he turns to face her, he notices the woman in the seat next to him bite her lower lip softly. He leans forward and places his lips on hers getting a great intimate kiss in return.
“So, I’ll see you tomorrow, at nine then? Well technically its today but-“ she rambles, the kiss she just experienced must’ve rattled her brains.
“Yeah, at nine.” Frank says as he watches her walk away.

“That was one great kiss.” Frank says to himself as he drives away.