Iero Fiasco

Christmas III

"C'mon wake up." Frank says nudging Molly.
"Why?" she moans.
"Because," he mumbles, "I wanna give you your present."
"Its too early."
"C'mon, its already ten." he says laughing as he pulls her so she's sitting up.
"Okay, okay." she laughs, "Just let me go to the washroom."

Frank grins excitedly as he pulls the large box from under the bed.
"That's a huge-ass box." Molly says returning to the room. Frank just grins.
"Open it."
"Hold on." she says going to her closet and pulling out a box, "This is for you." He takes the box from her and looks at it for a moment then back at her. He tears open the paper and the packaging.
"No way." he says excitedly as he holds up the Misfits skateboard, "No fucking way."
"I take it you like it." she says with a grin.
"This is so fucking awesome. thank you." he says kissing her, "Where'd you find this?"
"You know, just a hole in the wall of head shop that smells like weed." she laughs.
"Well open yours." he says motioning to the cardboard box.
"I think I'll need scissors, or a knife or something." Molly says looking over the box, Frank grabs his keys from the night stand and tears off the top strip of tape. She grins as she lies the box on its side and slides a black case from inside the box. She opens the rectangular case one latch at a time until she reveals a black and blue Gibson, "Holy fuck! Holy fucking shit!" she exclaims jumping up and down, "You got me the guitar, you remembered, holy shit!"
"Of course I remembered." Frank says rolling his eyes, "Because I used to have the same one but sunburst, its awsome sounding."
"I love it." she says kissing him.
"And you said you hated Christmas gifts." he teases.

Molly pulls the guitar out of its case and strums it with her fingers as Frank removes the skateboard from its packaging.
"I hate snow." he murmurs as he spins the wheels, "Or else I could go try this baby out."
"Skateboard in here, I mean, we can move the couch and stuff, but I don't think ollies would be such a good idea."
"Sweet." he says happily as he puts down the skateboard and disappears into the living room. Molly gets up too leaving behind her new guitar and moves her old guitar, bass and practice amps into the bedroom as Frank moves the couch and other furniture against the wall.

She places her amp right in the doorway of the bedroom and sits on it right after plugging in her new guitar. She starts to play as Frank starts to skate.
"Wheee!!!" Frank laughs as he goes crashing into the sofa. Suddenly Molly stops playing guitar.
"Frank, your cell."
"Oh!" he says hopping off his board and running into the bedroom to grab it, "Hello? . . . .Merry Christmas Mom, how's everyone? . .. . yeah yesterday we went to her parent's house. . . .well I don't know. . .. . no, I won't be home till after new years . . . .we're going to Chicago for new years, I think I told you that already. . . .umm yeah," he cups his hand over the phone, "My mom wants to talk to you."
"You're kidding right?" Molly says trying not to laugh, "Okay," she holds out her hand, "Hello?"
"Hello Molly," she says in a more than friendly manor, "Merry Christmas."
"Merry Christmas to you to."
"So what do you have planned for today? Are you going to visit family?"
"Well later this afternoon my brother and his girlfriend are supposed to come over but that's about it."
"Oh, and what about your parents?"
"They're going to visit my uncle in ontario." Molly informs, "How about you?"
"Oh, well Brian and Hannah are coming over for lunch." she says proudly.
"That's great, here just let me pass you back to Frank." Molly says holding the phone out. He rolls his eyes and takes it back.
"Yeah, well I gotta go now, bye." he says hanging up his phone.

Molly puts her guitar down on her bed before heading into the kitchen.
"Wheeeeeeee!" Frank exclaims as he continues to skate back and forth, "Watcha doing dearest girlfriend of mine?"
"Trying to decide what to eat." she calls back.
"Eat me!"
"Mmm canabalism." she says strutting out of the kitchen. Suddenly out of nowhere Frank leaps off the skateboard and tackles Molly onto the sofa.
"Or I'll eat you." he says devouring her lips.
"That's kissing fool." she says kissing him back.
"Tastes good." he shrugs. She giggles as she backs up a bit so that they're both more comfortable.

They lay there kissing each other. Frank toys with Molly's hair carelessly.
"Can you tell me now why you hate Christmas?" he asks.
"I don't hate this Christmas." she replies kissing him.
"Don't change the subject." he says rolling his eyes.
"Fine." she mutters sitting up, "The holidays were a great source of arguments between my parents when I was teenager." she looks up at his eyes, "Then we'd all plaster these fake smiles to our faces before heading out to whoever's house the party was being held at. It all seemed to phony, like we had an invisible gun to our heads and being told to be happy."
"Oh." he says calmly, "Why'd your parents fight?"
"My dad had fucking anger issues," she says bitterly, "For like five years he was having some sort of midlife crisis and the holidays just seemed to make his attitude worse."
"Well its over now." he says rubbing her arms, "He's better right?"
"Yeah, but you know, I say Christmas and you know people will automatically think the tree, the stockings, remembering when you believed in santa and I got arguments as a treasured memory."
"Well now you have a really awesome Gibson guitar as a memory." he says optimistically, "What about the gift thing?"
"What gift thing?"
"You said you always hate the gifts you get."
"Well I have a sister, so we always got the same thing, like for instance she'd get a red shirt, and I'd get the same one in blue." Molly sighs, "My sister and I are completly different people in two different age groups. Not that I want to be a spoiled brat of anything but I rather get no gifts then get ones I have to pretend I like."
"I somewhat get what you mean." Frank shrugs, "I have a brother remember, but we were pretty much always into the same sorts of things."