Iero Fiasco

Taking a Stand

Molly sits up against the tiled wall of her bathroom and just stays there for a while stunned at what just happened. What Frank had just done to her. Till this point in time, rough sex wasn't a factor, anything close to it was agreed on by both parties. She grabbed her boxers and slipped them on just as the phone started ringing.

She stepped quickly out of the bathroom and picked up the phone, catching a glimpse of the microwave clock as she did so. 1:47AM.
"Hello?"
"Molly, its Gerard, has Frank called you today?"
"Frank is-" she sniffs as she feels hot tears fill her eyes, "here."
"What do you mean Frank is here?" Gerard asks bewildered, "Like in Montreal? In your apartment?"
"Yeah." she croaks.
"Well can I talk to him? Is he still mad?"
"He's sleeping."

"Molly? Are you okay?" Molly just sniffs.
"Yeah, he was just being a jerk."
"I think we really pissed him off." Gerard says sheepishly, "He just exploded this morning, when we were at the studio then he just left."
"Okay."
"We thought he went home or something but he wouldn't answer his phone, not even his parents could get in touch with him. Do you think you can smooth things out?"
"Well I don't care what happened to you guys, he had no right to come unload his anger onto me." she says sternly.

"Wow, that's pretty harsh, what did he do to you?" Gerard says sort of shocked at her reaction.
"Let's just say, he was playing a little rougher than he should have."
"What?" he asks confused.
"Why don't you call him on his cell tomorrow morning or something." Molly says rubbing her forehead, "I'm too tired to think."
"Al-alright. Call me if anything comes up." Gerard says, Molly hangs up with not so much as a good bye.

Molly doesn't move from her spot in the kitchen. She stays there contemplating the evenings events then decides to do something about it.

She storms into her bedroom and picks up one of Frank's abandoned shoes and chucks it at his sleeping figure.
"What the hell?" he exclaims.
"Get out." Molly says bluntly.
"What?"
"Get out of my apartment now!"
"What?" he repeats.
"I said get out." she repeats seriously, "I don't know what the hell is wrong with you tonight but you need to leave." She throws his other shoe at him and then his jacket.
"Where am I supposed to go?" he asks putting on his shoes.
"I don't know and honestly, I don't care."

"Listen." Frank says coming to his feet, "I'll tell you what happened."
"Uhuh, yeah. Gerard just called. You guys got in a tiff so you drove your ass up here to unload whatever fucked up anger you had on me." Molly says crossing her arms.
"If you'll just listen-"
"Too fucking late!" she yells, "I offered to talk things out with you! You said no! I try to cheer you up and you turn it into some sort of rapesque shit! So no! I will not listen."
"Rape?" Frank says shocked, "you fucking wanted it."
"Yeah, but not to the point where you were hurting me!" Frank stays completely silent.
"I'm sorry."
"Yeah, well sorry doesn't undo the bruises and scrapes!" she cries. They both stand there in silence, "Please Frank, if you're going to do one nice thing this evening, just leave."

Frank grabs his jacket and heads out the door without another word being shared. He appears, minutes later at the only other place he knew.
"Hey Frank," Alex says opening the door, "Everyone just left, but come in."
"Thanks." Frank says quietly.
"So where's Molly?" Alex asks as he walks around with a beer case, picking up all the empty bottle that are scattered around his apartment.
"Let's just say I'm in the dog house." Alex just laughs.
"In that case, you can crash on the couch. You're lucky Molly isn't one to keep grudges."
"Yeah." Frank mumbles doubtedly.

Frank mindlessly starts helping Alex clean the apartment.
"So where's Jay?"
"He had wee bit too much to drink." Alex laughs, "So he's passed out in his room."
"Oh that's always fun."
"I'm thinking about blasting some screamo music to wake him up nice and early tomorrow morning."
"Aren't you a nice roommate." Frank says sarcastically.
"Nah, I'm not going to do that."

"So what did you do to piss Molly off anyway?"
"I guess I was being an asshole." Frank yawns just as they throw out the last of the garbage.
"D'you call her fat or something?"
"No, no. Just kind of-whatever."

Frank wakes up the next morning to the sound of his cell phone. It had been off since yesterday morning but he'd turned it on when he got to Alex and Jay's.
"Molly?" he asks putting the phone immediately to his ear, skipping the usual scan of the caller display.
"No, its Gerard, listen man, I'm really sorry."
"Fuck man, I can't talk to you guys right now."
"Fine, we won't talk about that shit, but what the hell did you do to Molly?"
"Urgh." Frank groans as he rubs his face, "I really fucked up."
"Did you hurt her?"
"Sorta."
"Sorta, as in what? Did you hit her?"
"No, I didn't hit her, I kinda pushed her around a bit." Frank says shamefully.
"Oh Frank."
"I know, I know. I'm going to make things right though."
"Good luck with that." Gerard says sarcastically.
"Yeah, shut up."
"Listen man, I know things are fucked up, but our band shouldn't go to shit because of a stupid feud."
"Yeah, okay, I'll call you when I can stand to hash things out." Frank mumbles. He hangs up the phone and stands up, falling back onto the sofa for a few seconds.

He gets up and second time and puts on his shoes and jacket before leaving Alex and Jay's apartment. He walks up the street to where he left his car and gets in.

Meanwhile, Molly stands in her shower, with the water flowing over her. She'd already been standing there fifteen minutes. Just numb. Her relationship to Frank was more than just casual sex and good company. She said I love you to him countless of times and meant it, and she felt he meant it too when he'd say it. They were perfect, and now they were over.

Her hot tears are lost in the hot water pouring down her body.
"You don't need ass holes like him." she says out loud, "You don't need ass holes like him!" she says louder, "YOU DON'T NEED ASS HOLES LIKE HIM!"
With that being said, her tears stop and she finally gets out of the shower and off to get dressed.

There's a loud, evenly paced knocking at her door so she goes and looks through the peep hole. Frank. Frank with a bouquet of roses.
"Molly, please open the door." he calls hopefully.
"No! In case I didn't make it clear yesterday, its over between us. So just drive back to Jersey and leave me the fuck alone." she yells through the door.
"Please, let me explain." he pleads, "I'm sorry."
"Then why the fuck did you do that in the first place?"
"I was angry and somewhat drunk."
"I don't care, that's no fucking reason for that." Molly retorts.
"I know, that's no excuse, but I wasn't myself, you know that wasn't me."
"Yeah, well I'm not going to stick around for your alter ego to make a reappearance. I won't stand for that shit." she exclaims.
"Please," Frank says, with tears in his eyes, Molly can hear it in his voice, "I'll do anything, please."
"No, there's no way I'm letting you back in my life, I may be dumb sometimes but I'm not that stupid."
"Fuck Molly." Frank says in a full out crying fit, "I love you so much. I'd go to the ends of the earth, I'd jump in front of a fucking eighteen wheeler for you, I'd-"
"Enough!" Molly cries, "How about you show some fucking responsibility for what you did and go see a shrink or anger management or something."
"Alright, I can do that." Frank says optimistically, "So are you going to open the door."
"No, I stand by what I said." Molly says, almost sympathetically, "But I think your band mates will appreciate if you got some help. Good bye Frank."

Frank stares at the door blankly at the door. He runs his hand over his head and drops the flowers. It was going to be a long drive home.