Iero Fiasco

Complicated

"So that's it then?" Brian asks looking over his younger brother, "She never wants to see you again."
"I'm going to let her cool off then try talking to her again." Frank mumbles, "I feel like such an ass."
"Well you are an ass." Brian states bluntly, "So are you going to see a shrink?"
"I've already been to two session things."
"That's good, I mean, its healthy."
"Yeah, whatever." Frank mumbles rubbing his face.

"You've got to stop moping around Frankie." Linda says bustling into the room, reminding Frank why he didn't want to come to his mother's house, "It was bound to come to an end eventually."
"Mom, not now." Brian warns.
"If she can't see how great you are then-" she didn't know the whole story.
"It was my fault."
"Don't talk like that." Linda says shaking her head, "You know who was nice? Jamia."
"Mom!" Brian says raising his voice.
"Yeah, she was nice, but she wasn't for me." Frank exclaims.
"She was better fitting for you then Molly." she says nonchalantly.

"Why?" Frank demands, "What the fuck was wrong with Molly? Why do you hate her so damn much?"
"She's a teenager. You're a man, you need to be with someone who's at the same stage of life as you." Linda exclaims, "You can't keep dicking around, you're not in college anymore. You have to grow up!"
"I wasn't dicking around with her!" Frank yells, "How could you even say that?! She means the fucking world to me. And maybe I'm not ready to be a fucking grown up! What the hell are you talking about stages of life? I'm not ready to settle down right now, so whatever stage you think I'm at, you're wrong!"
"Frank." Linda calls, as he storms for the door.

Brian follows his brother out the door and catches up with him.
"You can't just yell at Mom like that." Brian says.
"Fuck it, she had it coming." Frank fumes.
"Listen, you're pissed at your band, Molly's pissed at you, your pissed at your own mother, all this pissing has to stop."
"Fuck you Brian!" Frank exclaims but Brian ignores his younger brother and wraps his arms around him.
"Calm down."

"Everything's just so fucked up right now." Frank mumbles against his brother's shoulder, "I can't face the band, Molly won't answer my calls and I'm getting pissed at everything."
"It'll be okay." Brian says in a calming voice. They sit on the edge of the sidewalk, "How about you call Gerard up and start working things out."
"I can't."
"Why not?" Brian demands, "Fuck your pride. Just talk to them, hash everything out and then get back to doing what you love. Hey, maybe you'll even write a song that'll win Molly back."

Several days later Molly finds herself picking up the phone. She stares at the numbers and is tempted beyond rationality to call Frank up, but her better judgment takes hold of her and calls Gerard.
"Hey Mols."
"Hey," she says quietly, "So how's the band?"
"How's the band or how's Frank?" Gerard challenges.
"Is the band back together?" she says as if she didn't hear what Gerard said.
"Yeah."
"Okay."

There's a long silence.
"Molly, why don't you just call Frank back? I know you've been screening your calls, and I know you've heard all one billion messages."
"Why should I?"
"Because you miss him."
"That doesn't mean shit, I miss my appendix too, but if it stayed any longer it would've killed me."
"So you're comparing Frank to an inflamed appendix?" Gerard asks trying not to laugh, "And I'm sure as hell you don't miss your appendix all that much."
"Well I can't take him back, he has a temper."
"He was really stressed out and-"
"What about the time he thought we were together and he beat the shit out of you?"
"Molly, he gets like that when he's stressed out."
"Yeah, so you want me to stick around for the next time he gets stressed out? Hey, maybe next time he'll beat me to the ground."

"He's getting help."
"What?"
"Yeah, he's been seeing a shrink twice a week since he got back from Montreal."
"Re-really?"
"Yeah, I thought he'd mention that on the messages."
"I delete the messages as soon as I hear its him." Molly admits.
"Maybe, now this is just my suggestion, you should pick up the phone."
"Things aren't that simple."
"Only because you make them complicated."