Iero Fiasco

Mirror Image

Frank barely slept since he got to his hotel room, he can’t stop thinking about Molly and how breakfast will be the last time he’d see her for god-knows-how-long. It's eight thirty and he just got out of the shower. Walking out of the washroom with a towel wrapped around his waist he opened the curtain wide to see it was a sunny summer day in the city.

He goes over to his suitcase in which all his stuff is in. He pulls on a pair of skull print boxers and a pair of long black shorts with frayed hems from all the wear and tear of just being his hyperactive self. He isn’t quite ready to put on a shirt so he goes back into the bathroom and brushes his teeth and gels his hair. He looks in the mirror and takes a good look at himself, he realizes he has next to no chest hair.
“Real men have chest hair.” He says in a mock Schwarzenegger voice, “Ahh fuck your macho shit. Molly thinks you’re hot, yep the hotty thinks you’re hot. Growl.” He laughs at his own dorkiness before going back to put on his standard white Misfits shirt.

He zips up his suitcase figuring he won’t have time to come back to the hotel if he's going to spend to morning with Molly. Just as he walks down the main hallway he realizes he should tell someone where he's going. He realizes that everyone's asleep with their girlfriends, except Gerard. So he makes his way to Gerard’s room and knocks on the door.

After a couple of moments the door opens revealing the lead singer attired in plaid jogging pants and a black shirt, not to mention a shower cap.
“Uhh hey Franky, what’s up?”
“Could ask you the same thing.” Frank teases pointing at the shower cap.
“Oh that, yeah, I woke up and decided I wanted my hair red again.”
“Oh-kay, well I’m going for breakfast with Molly, so I’ll meet you guys at the air port.”
“So it went well, huh.” Gerard chortles, “Well not that well considering you’re not at her hotel but yeah.”
“Oh shut up.” Frank says rolling his eyes, “Good luck with the red.” He picks up his bag and heads to the elevators.

Meanwhile, Molly nearly throws the hotel room coffee maker out the window. The cleaning lady didn’t refill the basket with coffee packets.
“Fuck, fuck, fucking shit.” She mutters under her breath. After thinking for a moment she storms out into the hallway and bangs on Jess’s door.

It takes a good minute and a half before she answers.
“Go away.” Jess mutters, “It’s not even nine.” Molly pushes past her and snatches the packet of coffee grounds.
“Sure Molly, go ahead and help yourself.”
“Sorry, Frank and I are going to have breakfast together and you know how pissy I am without my coffee.”
“I think he should know what he’s getting into.” Jess teases. Molly glares at her band mate before marching out towards the door.
“So it went well last night.”
“Yeah, we were out till three AM.”
“Hmm.” Jess laughs, “What could have two been possibly doing at three AM?”
“We didn’t do that!” Molly calls back as she heads back to her room.

As she waits for the coffee to make she dries her hair and applies her black eyeliner.
“Hello Sally,” she laughs at her reflection, because her eyes are so dark and her complexion is pale she likes to think herself as something out of Nightmare Before Christmas, “Almost time to go meet Jack. Sexy ass Jack and hot stuff Sally, ahh what a couple.” She looks over at the coffee maker and sees it’s done so she pours herself a mug and drinks it almost in one shot.

She looks herself over in the mirror once more before heading down to the lobby. She gets there just as Frank is walking in. She can’t help but smirk wildly at the fact that he’s wearing a Misfits shirt.
“Guess we have something in common.” She says pointing at the Misfits patch on her army print shorts. Frank smiles too and leans forward to relive the kiss from hours before.
“Shall we?”

Molly laces her fingers through his as they head to the hotel restaurant. They take their seats at a secluded table where they can chat without whiney five year olds throwing tater tots at them. They both open their menus and look them over.
“I’m not all that hungry.” Molly says looking over the menu pictures of runny eggs and cream cheesed bagels. Frank looks up and smiles.
“Not a morning person?”
“Not at all,” she laughs as she rubs her forehead, “but give the coffee ten minutes to kick in and I’ll be fine.”

The waitress comes to their table and stands there patiently.
“After you.” Frank says nodding to Molly.
“I’ll have a sesame bagel, just butter no cream cheese, uh with bacon. Oh! And a latte.”
“I think I’ll have the waffle plate and a latte as well.” The waitress takes it all down before walking away.

“So,” Molly says thinking quick for a conversation topic, “what do you do when you’re back home and not doing band stuff?” He smiles.
“Uhh, I read a lot and I watch a lot of horror movies. Me, Gerard and Mikey get together and have horror movie marathons.”
“Awesome.”
“Yeah, that or strolling through cemeteries, its very peaceful.”
“You liar, you don’t stroll in cemeteries.” Molly laughs.
“Well not so much anymore, but I have.” He rolls his eyes comically then lowers his voice, “It was more to build a rep as the creepy guy.”
“You’re preaching to the choir.” She snickers, “I used to wear handcuffs from my belt loop when I was in high school.”
“Oh dominatrix Molly on the loose.” Frank laughs, “What about you, what do you do on your free time?” Molly thinks for a second.
“I like photography, taking abstract photos and stuff.” She pauses, “And like you, I have a thing for horror flicks. And I read a quite a bit.”
“Have you read anything by Irvine Welsh?”
“Yeah Trainspotting.”
“Did you like it?” he smirks hopefully.
“I friggin loved it!” Molly exclaims.
“Welsh really knows how to link sub-plots, huh?” Frank says smiling in a way that shows every tooth in his mouth. Molly nods.

The waitress places their order in front of them, but they barely notice.
“What’s your literary guilty pleasure?” Frank asks as he takes a sip from his coffee.
“Harry Potter.”
“That’s not a guilty pleasure, everyone’s read those.” He smiles, “Including me, now give me a real answer.”
“Okay, so you know those girly teenager books that are like pen pal letters, journal entries and emails and stuff?” Frank nods, “Yeah, I like reading those. Invading people’s privacy and inner thoughts.”
“Mine are the Hardy Boys.” Molly laughs into her hand. He rolls his eyes and laughs too.

Breakfast ends all too soon for Frank and Molly. They find themselves standing in the lobby, by the door at ten thirty.
“So, now what?” Molly practically mumbles.
“This is where I give you my phone number and you give me yours. Then we keep in touch and see where things go.” Molly blushes as Frank places his lips against hers and move them slowly and gently against hers.
“Phone numbers.” Molly repeats as she walks over to the front desk of the hotel, Frank follows close behind. “Excuse me, can I have a pen and paper?” the woman behind the desk complies and hands her some hotel stationary. She scribbles down her name, phone number and email address before handing the paper to Frank. He smiles as he puts the paper in his pocket then writes his info on another paper and hands it to Molly.

“Well, I guess this is good bye.” He sighs, “For now.”
“Yeah.” Molly grumbles, “We’ll have to see each other again soon then.”
“Definitely.” Frank says as he presses his lips against Molly’s one last time.