Iero Fiasco

YAY or NAY

Frank excitedly pulls on the main door into the apartment building. Locked. He half chuckled as he went to ring the buzzer for Molly's apartment. Half the time the door wouldn't lock properly and anyone could get in and the other half of the time the door would jam. The whole ajar door thing would not sit well with tenants in Jersey, or anywhere in the USA for that matter, just goes to prove Canadians are so much more easy going, which comforted him.

"Hello?" Molly's voice says through the intercom.
"Hey Mols," Frank stutters, "Its uh, uh Frank."
"Frank?!" she exclaims, "You're early."
"Yeah, can you let me in, I'm not used to your Canadian coldness you know."
"Oh yeah." she says then he hears the faint buzzing signaling the door is unlocked.

He pulls on the door and like he suspected its jammed so he gives it an extra jerk and gets inside. He goes up stairs two at a time till he arrives at Molly's floor and practically skips down the hall. He knocks on the door and Molly opens it in a split second.
"Just let me get dressed." she says turning away from him.

His eyes bulge at the sight of her only in a towel.
"Hello to you too." he says looking at the wall behind her. The fact that he hadn't got any action in a good while mixed with seeing his definition of beauty being dangled half naked in front of him made him uneasy.
"You're early, so now you have to wait for me to get ready." she calls back to him.
"Yep, no problem." he says avoiding his eyes from looking upon her because he knew for sure if he did he might have an unwanted 'rising.'

"Dammit." he thought to himself as his line of vision momentarily aligned with her, "Think about playing guitar. . . .. think about Ray playing guitar . . .. .Ray playing guitar on a bad hair day when he hasn't showered in a week." he continues to think to himself.

"There's leftover pizza in the fridge if you're hungry." Molly says picking through the laundry basket she'd left on the sofa.
"Thanks." he says speeding into the kitchen. He opens the fridge and stares at its contents as if he were trying to memorize them. Memorizing items in a set area was his way of avoiding awkward girl-induced situations when he was in his teen years and it proved to be working now as well.

He took the box of pizza out of the fridge and opened it up on the counter. He looked at his choices, two and a half slices of cheese and two slices of vegetarian. He grabbed a slice of cheese and started gnawing at it as Molly finally went into her room to get dressed.

"Thank god." he thinks to himself, "If I didn't mess up, Molly and I would be all asses and elbows right now."

"Tadaa," Molly says joining him in the kitchen, now fully dressed. She stands next to him and kisses his cheek as she grabs a slice of pizza out of the box, "How was your flight?"
"You know, the usual, cramped loud and nauseating." he laughs.
"Sounds like a blast." she says hopping up to sit on the counter, "How's the album going?"
"Well right now, I'm sort of missing the compiling of the music into one song." Frank says biting down on his pizza, "But usually I don't have much creativity when it comes to mixing anyway."
"Cool, cool." Molly says feeling a little guilty that he's missing a major component in making an album just to be with her, "We just got our album art done."
"Really?! Can I see?" Frank asks excitedly.

Molly drops her slice of pizza back in the box and hops off the counter before strutting into the living room where she picks a CD case off the table.
"We still have to fix a few things on it but this it." she hands him the case and he looks over all the graffiti art themed design of the album.
"Awesome."

There's a knock on the door.
"Who's there?" Molly calls out.
"It's Danny."
"Shit." she says under her voice.
"I really want to talk to you." Molly apprehensively goes to open the door.

"Hi." she says opening the door as little as possible without seeming completely rude.
"Listen, I don't know what happened," Danny starts apologetically, "Please tell me what I did because I really want to give us a shot."
"Can I just call you later?" Molly asks hopefully, Danny doesn't move, "You didn't do anything wrong, its just me."
"I hate when people say its not you it me, that's bull, so just please tell me, if not so we can get back together just so I can know."

Danny sets his eyes on Frank.
"Ahh, I see there's someone else." Danny says bitterly.
"What's going on?" Frank says trying to cover up the fact that he's extremely hurt.
"Ohhh fuck." Molly says bitterly, "Frank, hold on two seconds."

"Listen Danny." Molly says frustrated, "I was on a break with Frank when I was going with you, so I felt like being with Frank was the right thing, I'm sorry I really am, you're an absolutely great guy but just not the one for me. Okay? Now I have to go salvage the relationship I have with the guy for me so please just leave."
"Alright." he says turning around and heading towards the stairs.

"Umm, what the hell was that?" Frank asks, trying his hardest not to get extremely pissed off.
"Ex-boyfriend of sorts." she says meekly.
"From when?"
"Ugh, okay." Molly groans, "I was going out with him while we were on a break."
"Y-y-you what?"
"We were on a break Frank!" she reminds him, "When you're on a break with someone its common knowledge you're aloud to date other people."
"Yeah but you forgave me, we were making amends."
"Listen, I'm sorry, I should've told you about him, but I broke it off and-" Molly pauses just as a new wave of guilt sets in, "I'm really sorry, I just wanted to see if it was worth making amends or if I should get over you."
"Uhuh." Frank says crossing his arms, still ticked off.
"I already said I'm sorry, the rest is up to you." Molly says crossing her arms and staring firmly at Frank.

Frank doesn't say anything for at least five minutes, the staring match between them is unquivering as he thinks over the whole situation.
"Let's call it even and never bring up either of our," he pauses, "screw ups again."
"I can live with that." Molly breaths out as she uncrosses her arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me what ya think