Iero Fiasco

Melt

In a mess of moshing and dancing, Molly manages to cling onto Frank in their own mess of clashing lips.
"I'm thirsty." she breaks away to yell. He grabs onto her belt on either hip and follow her to the bar.

The remixed version of Anarchy in the UK is blasting through all one million speakers in the small club, it makes the floor vibrate. Molly motions to the bar tender for two beers and Frank forces her to let him pay.

"Birthday girl!" Tray and Jess yell, barely audible. Pushing Frank aside, they stand one on each side of Molly and kiss her cheeks. Molly just laughs as she hugs her friends.

Her band mates disappears as fast as the came and she's left with Frank yet again. Frank snags a free bar stool then pulls Molly onto his lap. She resists a little but finally settles as he shoves something into her hand.
"What's this?" she asks, her voice drowned out by the music. Frank hugs her tighter. She pulls at the box in her hand while trying not to spill her drink.

To Molly, the whole club falls silent as she looks upon the contents of the box. Silver ring, with a black jewel embedded into it.
"Marry me?" Frank says into her ear. She places her drink on the bar and pulls the ring out of its nestled place in the box. She stares at it, wide-eyed as she nods slowly.

Frank takes the ring from her and slides it onto her finger then kisses her neck. Molly slides off his lap so as she can face him then pulls him into a deep long kiss. His hands immediately move to hold her close. When their mouths finally do break from each other Molly puts her lips to Frank's ear.
"I love you so much."

Jay comes along and purposely bumps into them.
"Get a room." he laughs as he flags down the bartender. Molly raises her left hand to show her latest piece of jewelry, "Holy shit!" he says astonished, "You guys are engaged."
"Yeah." Molly nods happily.
"Why man?" he asks Frank, Molly just slaps her old friend, "I'm kidding, congratulations!"

"I'm so excited." Molly giggles into Frank's ear once Jay had gone off.

"Oh my god!" Jess screeches minutes later. She grabs Molly's hand to take a look at 'the rock.' She's soon followed by Tray.
"Jay just told us." Tray laughs. Drew stands next to Frank and pokes him in the ribs.

"Congrads man." Drew chuckles.
"Thanks." Frank smiles, "Congrads to you too man, I heard you and Tray are moving in together."
"Yeah, that's the plan."

It only takes a couple more minutes before all ten or so members of Molly's birthday entourage is huddled around her and Frank.

At three AM, after being told repeatedly by the bartender that they were closing, the lot of Molly's birthday party finally stagger out of the club.
"Bye guys!" Molly calls as she and Frank walk off to the direction of her apartment. They all decided to walk home because of how much they'd had to drink.
"Its a nice ring! Bed him well!" Jay yells back.
"Perv!" she hears Jess laugh.

"Mmm, Frank I love you." Molly says hugging her now fiancé.
"Love you too."

Hung over on the way to Molly's parents' house for her breakfast brunch the car is full of happy excitement and throbbing headache agony.
"My head hurts." Molly mumbles as she rests her head against the window, she'd previously insisted that Frank drive.
"Not mine."
"Shoosh, my booze tolerance is that of a ten year old." Molly says shaking her head.
"I've noticed." Frank chuckles. Molly fiddles with the new ring on her finger.
"I love the ring." she yawns, "The black stone especially."
"I knew you would, the second I saw it I thought of you." Frank says forcing his smile extra wide and cheesy. Molly smiles silently to herself.

"Do I turn here?" Frank asks.
"Yeah." Molly says looking at the street in question.
"Ahh." Frank says as he pull up in front of the house, "Might wanna smile to disguise the fact that you're hung over."
"Okay." Molly says, pulling Frank into a kiss, "All better."

They get out of the car and head up to the front door where Cynthia is waiting.
"Happy Birthday douche bag!" she exclaims as she pulls her older sister into a headlock, "Birthday beats?"
"Nah man." Molly says pulling away and laughing, "I'm too pretty to beat."
"Then I'll hold you, and Cynthia will close her eyes while she beats you." Nate says evilly.

"Oh enough violence." Lisa (Molly's Mom) fusses as she goes to kiss her daughter on the cheek, "Happy birthday Molly."
"Thanks."
"Oh hello Frank." Lisa says in a friendly tone, "So what did he get you?" Molly holds out her hand, "Honey, if you wear you ring on that finger people will think you're engaged."
"Well then, they'll think right." Molly grins.
"You're engaged?!" Lisa exclaims, her voice resembling that of April from Viva La Bam.
"Yeah." Molly nods, ignoring her mother's slight tone of disapproval.

"Nah, she's kidding." Fred says, but Molly continues to nod.
"We're engaged." Molly says happily.
"Wow." Fred says somewhat speechless, "You're only twenty."

Frank avoids making eye contact with anyone as he's filled with the over-whelming sense of awkwardness.
"Cool, I call dibs on maid of honor." Cynthia says taking Molly's hand and staring at the ring, "Black jewel, nice choice Frank."
"Thanks." he mumbles.
"Awe, I'm gonna have a brother-in-law!" Nate says half-tackling Frank.

"Nate, is Kim coming?" Lisa asks changing the subject.
"Uhh no, she's working, I told you, didn't I?"

"I think your parents hate me." Frank says after the long and awkward brunch.
"Noooo." Molly protests.
"Yeahuh."
"No, they're just a little over-protective. They all thought Nate would be first to get married, that's all." she says optimistically.
"I got the vibe they would've poisoned my food had you given them enough notice we were engaged." Frank exaggerates as Molly starts up her car.

"Frank."
"Yeah Mol?"
"Does your mother know we're engaged?" Molly asks.
"Nooo, not exactly."
"Should be a fun visit to Jersey then." Molly says cocking an eyebrow.
"Just as fun as brunch with your parents." Frank adds in.