Iero Fiasco

Life as a Fiance

What a bummer, Molly thought to herself, the second she got engaged her fiance left back home. Only naturally this called for a night out with the girls. After all they were going to be busy over the next couple months with moving south of the border and the new eight month tour going to start in September, the start of tour was only two months away.

Drew had already left for New York so when Molly got to Tray's apartment there was quite a bit of stuff missing and a lot of Tray's stuff was already in boxes.
"So what's on the menu for tonight?" Molly asks as she steps around a pile of boxes to get to the sofa.
"Jess says there's a good band playing somewhere." Tray laughs.
"Mmm Jess and her exact details." Molly jokes in return, "We should go to a strip club."
"Let's save that for your bachlorette party."
"Awe, do we have to?" Molly half-whines.
"Let's call Frank and ask him." Tray suggest jokingly.
"Go for it."

"Let me in you ho bags!" Jess calls from the other side of the door. Tray rolls her eyes before easing herself off the couch to open the door.
"Hey Jess." Molly giggles, "So what's with this band somewhere?"
"Oh yeah!" Jess laughs, "They're playing at the Cours Centrale."
"Oh great," Tray says sarcastically, "Does this band have a name?"
"Uhhh Gerbiltines." she says thinking to herself, "But there's like four other bands gonna be playing too."
"Uhh okay, punk bands yes?" Molly asks in a Russian accent.
"Yeah-huh."
"Let's go then." Tray says slipping on her shoes.

The next day Molly's ears are buzzing from standing right next to the huge ass speaker the whole night. She decided to start packing her stuff into boxes because she and Frank decided that it would be best if she moved before the tour and then they'd get married right after the tour was done.

In about half an hour, she'd have to drive Jess to the airport because she was going to spend the week with Durban before the band had more publicity stuff to take care of.

The phone rings and Molly picks it up and sticks in between her ear and shoulder as she continues to pack up some books into a box.
"Hey fiance." a smooth voice says.
"Frank!" she says happily, "What's up?"
"Oh you know, just bored." he says casually, "I'm sorta lying upside down on my sofa."
"Blood rushing to your head yet?"
"Not yet." he chuckles, "What about you?"
"I'm right side up actually."
"How's that going for you?"
"Not nearly as interesting as being upside down, but its kinda hard to pack boxes upside down."
"Boxes?"
"Yeah, I kinda planned on bring some of my stuff with me when I move in with you."
"Oh right." he laughs, "Watcha packin?"
"Books," she replies bluntly, "Do you have any idea how to put stuff for sale on ebay?"
"Uhh not really." he says furrowing his eyebrows, "Hold on, I'm gonna turn over. Blood's rushing to my brain." there's a pause on Molly's end, "Okay."

"I wanna sell my furniture, I don't see a point in keeping it." she mumbles as she tapes the now full box shut.
"I dunno, can't you take it to a pawn shop or something?"
"Pawn shop?" Molly laughs, "I don't think they take couches."
"Well if you use ebay, how do you plan on shipping a couch?" Frank asks.
"Gah, I'll just get salvation army to take them off my hands or something." Molly grumbles.

"So are you still going to come visit me in two weeks?" he asks.
"Uhh," Molly says craning her neck to see the calender on her wall, "Two and a half weeks, I have publicity crap."
"Alright cool."
"Yeah, I'm driving down and bring the first wave of my stuff, if that's okay with you."
"Yeah, yeah." Frank says nodding though Molly couldn't see him, "What kind of stuff?"
"Books, guitars and I don't know some other random crap." she rambles.
"No lingerie?" he jokes.
"Perv." she giggles, "Oh and according to Cynthia my parents do wanna kill you."
"Oh that all then?" Frank laughs, "Told you so."
"Yeah, but they'll get used to the idea of us getting married." Molly says popping open another box and taping the bottom.
"We can wait to get married if you want, you know, if it will be easier on your family."
"Nah, in a couple of weeks my mother will be calling all my aunts to gloat about the engagement."
"Oh gossip." Frank says in a girly voice.
"It makes the world go round."

"I can't wait till you come down here." Frank sighs.
"Oh yeah," Molly laughs, "Jess says I should make you go through bridal magazines with me."
"Oh really?"
"Yeah, and Jess called dibs as maid of honor to Tray's dismay."
"Gerard called dibs as best man, then Mikey said he should be best man and it was a fight to the death."
"Does that mean you have to find a new bassist?"
"No, Mikey is like a cat, he has nine lives." Frank laughs.
"Awe, okay." Molly giggles.

"There is one thing I wanted to ask you?" Frank says clearing his throat.
"Okay."
"Would you mind terribly if we got married in a church?"
"I guess that's okay." Molly says confused.
"Sorry, its just that religion is really important to my family and-"
"Frank, chillax, I was raised religious remember? So its cool if you want to get married in a church."
"But its just you also said you didn't believe in religion."
"Yeah, but I understand what it means to people, and if its important to you then I can respect that." Molly says, "Just as long as you don't make me go to church every week for the rest of my life."
"Alright." he laughs, "Great."
"We're getting married." Molly squeals happily, "I still can't believe it."