Iero Fiasco

Announcement

After a long and boring drive Molly finally pulls up in front of Frank's apartment, she'd come a day early to surprise him, after buzzing the door a few times without response she heads down to the nearby Starbucks and spots her one and only sitting at a table by the window. She pulls out her cell phone and dials his number.

"Hey Mols." his voice flows casually.
"Hey," she giggles, as she dodges behind the outdoor flower stand, "Why don't you go across the street and buy your girlfriend some flowers?"
"What?" he laughs as he glances out the window regardlessly, "How do you know about the-" Molly jumps into sight.
"Tadaa!"
"I thought you were only getting here tomorrow." he laughs as he heads outside. They both hang up their phones as he crosses the street.

"Hey." he laughs as he gets her in his arms. They kiss, getting some unwanted attention from passer-byes, "So you wanted flowers?"
"Well actually just one." she says snatching up a single red rose. He pays the flower vendor and they walk back up the street to his apartment.

"How was the drive?"
"Long, boring, sexless." she grins even though her voice is extremely casual, "Left at five AM."
"Why'd you leave so early?" he says exasperated, he knows full well Molly isn't much of a morning person.
"Couldn't sleep, figured I might as well be burning highway." she says fiddling with her rose.
"Oh." he says nodding, "Anyway, I was thinking of announcing our engagement to my family this week."
"Alright."
"Well, Brian already knows." Frank says rolling his eyes, "So its just my parents."
"Fun." Molly says as she bumps hips with her boyfriend, "Your mom still hate me?"
"Of course not." Frank says somewhat sarcastically, "Your mom still hate me?"
"Little bit, but she's enjoying the part of being mother-of-the-bride."
"I see."

Molly wakes up and pulls on some clothes before heading to the kitchen. Lying on the counter is a packet of cigarettes. She picks up the back and heads over to the trash can, right before she's about to toss them she sighs and puts them back on the counter.

She walks back into the bedroom where Frank is lying stomach down on the bed with his face awkwardly smooshed against his pillow, the blankets tangled around his legs and his bare ass on display.

She sits on her side of the bed Indian style running her hands up and down her bare legs as she contemplates what to say. She pokes Frank's shoulder repeatedly until he wakes up.
"Hmm, what's up babe?" he mumbles into his pillow.
"I thought you quit smoking." she states blandly.
"Oh." he says turning over and sitting up, "You found my cigarettes?"
"Yeah." she mumbles.
"I've cut down from what I used to smoke though." he says rubbing his face sleepily. She let's out a huff, "Well, what can I say?"
"Nothing." she sighs, "I guess I'll have to get used to you smoking."
"I'm going to try to quit again." he yawns as he goes to fall back asleep.

Later in the day they find themselves sitting in Frank's mother's living room drinking coffee.
"So Mom." Frank says clearing his throat, "Guess what I did at the beginning of the month?"
"You went to Montreal." Linda glares at Molly for a moment.
"That's not all." he says with a grin, "I got engaged." his mother half-chokes on her coffee, "You did?"
"Yeah." Molly grins as she holds out her hand.
"Well that is lovely." the older woman says smiling, "Molly, I'd just love to meet your parents."
"Yeah, we were thinking of getting both families together." Molly says glancing at Frank.

"That went well." Molly says as they drive to Frank's father's house.
"Yeah, almost as awkward as telling your parents." he laughs.
"Ya think?" Molly laughs along as they pull into the driveway.
"Ready for round three?" he asks.
"For sure."

They head into the house where they're both welcomed with open arms.
"Hey Dad, guess what." Frank says in a cheeky tone.
"Those tattoos are drawn on and one day you'll take a shower and they'll be gone?" the older man jokes.
"Nah, these babies aren't going anywhere," he laughs, "I'm gonna get married."
"Are ya no?" he chuckles and winks at Molly, "To who?"
"Pamela Anderson." Frank says sarcastically.
"Did you know about this?" he asks Molly.
"Oh yeah, I'm just the mistress." she jokes.

"So let's go out and celebrate." George exclaims, "I'll call Brian up." Frank just grins at Molly as George leaves the room.

"See my dad's happy for us." he says cheekily.
"Yay!" Molly says laughing as she playfully hugs Frank, "Our wedding won't be completely in vain!"

"Alright, Brian and Hannah are gonna meet us, let's go." George says returning to the room.