Iero Fiasco

Happy Dance

Frank paid the driver then climbs out of the cab into the howling rain storm with his suitcase in hand. Just as he shut the cab door he stepped into a deep puddle.
“Ahh shit.” He mumbles, but it doesn’t really phase him, he doesn’t mind the rain just he fact that one of his feet is soaking wet. He steps up on the sidewalk and over to the door of the four story apartment building where he lives.

On his way in he stops at the first door and knocks. A mixture of muffled voices and a bumped piece of furniture the land lord’s daughter opens the door.
“Ahh, Mr. Iero, you’ve returned.”
“Yep, you think I can have my mail? And my keys for the matter?” she nods and goes over to the desk just right of the door and opens the top drawer. She pulls out a fairly small stack of mail along with a set of keys and hands them to him.
“Not much for two months huh?” she says sweetly.
“Uh yeah. I get my bills paid automatically.” Frank nods as he steps away from the door, “Thanks again.”
“No problem honey buns!” she calls then closes the door quickly.

Frank has the slight inkling that she had a crush on him, it kind of creeps him out because she’s like fourteen. He gets up to his floor and unlocks his door. He finds that his apartment is hot, humid, stuffy and covered in a thin layer of dust, but to him its home. He closes the door behind himself and leaves his bag by the door. He drops the mail down on the coffee table and presses the button on his answering machine.
“Frank, it’s me, Brian.” His brother’s voice said loud and clear as he head over to the air conditioner in the window, “Hannah and I realized you weren’t going to get back in time to get our wedding invitation so we put you down as coming with one guest, so yeah, I guess that’s it. I’ll see you when you get back.” Frank hits the switch on the air conditioner and the comforting cool air blasts into his apartment.

“Shit.” Frank says smacking his fore head; he completely forgot his older brother is getting married in a week’s time. He picks up the phone and dials his brother’s number, it rings a couple of times.
“Iero speaking.”
“Hey Brian.”
“Frankie boy?”
“Ahh man, why do you keep calling me that.” Frank laughs.
“So you’re back just in time.”
“Yeah, I wouldn’t miss my only brother’s wedding.”
“So yeah, did you get my message?” Brian asks, though he already knows the answer.
“Yeah, just one thing.” He pauses, “The guest part, you know I don’t have a girlfrie-“ he cuts himself off as he wonders if he and Molly are an item.
“Oh mister rockstar can’t find himself a date.”
“Shut up.” The two of them laugh, “I think I’ll manage. But back to you, is someone throwing you a bachelor party or will I have to.”
“My best man, Tyler, said something about going to a strip club.”
“Is Hannah okay with that?” Frank teases.
“Yeah, yeah, she’s going with her bridal party to some male striptease place.”
“Are you okay with that? I mean, she could find a guy there with a bigger package and you’ll never see her again.”
“Real mature Frank!”
“Yeah whatever, I have to make a couple calls to get me a date.”

Meanwhile in Montreal, Molly plops down on her couch, she just got home from the airport. Just as she’s about to turn on the TV her phone rings.
“Umph.” She groans seeing as the phone is across the room. She rolls off the couch and walks over to it and picks it up. “Hello?”
“Molly, hey, it’s Frank.” At the sound of this Molly smirks from ear to ear and jumps around a bit.
“Hey!” she says as she sits back on the red leather sofa, “What’s up?”
“Umm, this is a little awkward but-“ he pauses, “My brother is getting married next week, would you like to go with me as my date?”
“In New Jersey?” she clarifies.
“Uh yeah, I mean I can take care of you plane ticket and that so you just have to-“
“Its okay, I have a year pass for the airline.” She explains.
“Yeah, me too.” He rambles, “so does that mean you’ll come?”
“Of course.” Molly laughs, “So when’s the wedding?”
“It’s on the twenty-fifth.”
“Alright, so I’ll see if I can get a flight for the twenty-fourth.”
“You could come earlier if you wanted.” Frank says trying not to be to obvious.
“Actually I can’t.” she pauses, “I have a couple of meetings with the recording junkies about my band on the twenty-second and twenty-third.”
“Oh okay then.”
“So I’ll just book my flight now then.”
“Alright, I’ll talk to you later.”
“Later.”

Molly hangs up the phone then does her spastic happy dance in which she hops all around her loft.
“Yes! Yes! Yes!” she laughs.