What If There Is No Light At The End Of The Tunnel

*Chapter 13*

We drove to the stop sign at the end of the road and staid there as cars passed by.

“So, where are we going?”; I asked.

“Um,… it’s a surprise.”
He looked at me and leaned in and kissed my cheek.

“I hope you don’t mind if we stop by somewhere first. Do you?”

I shuck my head no and he smiled.

“Good.”; He said while putting his eyes back on the road. There was an opening. So, he pulled out and turned left.

All that was that way was run down houses and a trailer park. I started to grow uneasy and wondered why we were going this way.

“Don’t worry. You’ll be okay as long as you are with me.”

“Okay Frank.”; I said with a slight smile on my face.

“If you want. You can call me Frankie. Everyone that is close to me calls me that.”

“Okay.”

My face flushed red and I looked away and out the window.

When we almost reached the end of what is now a dirt road. He turned into the trailer park and drove up to a chipped, turquoise colored trailer.

He got out and told me to stay. He walked up to the door and a man with longish hair and baggie cloths answered the door. He greeted him in and Frankie followed him.

I looked out the window and noticed something walking towards the car. It sniffed the ground the looked dead in my eyes.

My heart started to pound and it took full speed at the car making it rock at the impact. I screamed and Frankie and the other guy came running out.

Frankie; “Dude! Get your dog!”

“Hey! Come here Fangs?!” He yelled in a scratchy-like voice.

The dog paused before ramming the car again and looked towards the man, back at the car, then took off towards the man.

I looked towards Frankie and he started yelling at the guy. I finally got back to my normal breathing and set back in my seat.

After a few minutes later. Frankie and the other guy did some sort of hand shake and he walked back to the car.

“I’m sorry about the dog. It means no harm.”

“No harm?! It wanted to eat me!”

He chuckled; “I doubt it. Now, lets go to the place that’s a surprise.”

I smiled and he kissed me on the lips. Then started the car and drove off.