What If There Is No Light At The End Of The Tunnel

*Chapter 16*

I got up and went to answer it. I slammed it shut almost as fast as I opened it. I stood there holding the knob in shock. Then he started to knock again.

“Answer it already?!”; my mom yelled from the kitchen.

I took a deep breath and opened it. He looked at me.

“Hi Brittnie.”

“Why are you here Johnny?”

“To apologize, for fighting that Frank guy the other day. To tell the truth. I was kind of jealous.”

He looked away, and I couldn’t believe my ears. The same guy that makes fun of me. Is saying he’s sorry and was jealous. Of Frankie of all things?

“I know we don’t know each other all that well. And I know I make fun of you all the time. Its just…” He hesitated.

“Its just because of the cliché you decided to be apart of?”; I said, trying to finish his sentence.

“Yeah…”

“I see. So, acceptance is more important then hurting someone?”

“No! I mean…”

I closed the door in his face. I turned to find my little brother dancing along to the music on the credits.

I laughed and walked back to the couch and set down. I didn’t care about anything Johnny just said. I bet it was a trick or something anyways.

I laid down on the couch and watched my brother bounce around until I fell asleep.


p.s.
I'm not updating anymore unless I get feedback..=[...
I know people are reading. So, please?..=[...