What If There Is No Light At The End Of The Tunnel

*Chapter 2* (The Beginning)

“Wake up! Its time for school!”

My eyes shot wide open as I heard my mom shout up the stairs for me to wake up. I turned and pushed my face into the pillow and screamed.

I hated school, and didn’t feel like going. I sighed and kicked the covers up off of me and dashed to the bathroom before my little brother woke up and got there before me.

I flipped the switch on the radio. “Pain”, by Three Days Grace started to blare out of the speakers. I grabbed the brush and started to brush my long black hair with red and purple highlights. I pulled it back with a black and white, star patterned head band and let my long bangs fall over my eyes. I fixed my make-up. Then went back to my room.

I threw on some blue jeans, a band t shirt, and some high-top converses. I grabbed my jacket and messenger bag. Then ran downstairs to the kitchen. I noticed a pop tart in the toaster. I grabbed it and heard the bus driver honk its horn. I ran out the door, putting my jacket on with the pop tart in my mouth, dragging my messenger bag along with me.

I went to the back of the bus and set down. I took my MP3 player out of my messenger bag and put the ear plugs in my ears. I listened to MCR the whole time on the way to school.

I was pushed off the bus the rest of the way by some kid. I turned around and was going to cuss them out. But, they ran off to meet with friends.

I walked to first block and sat in my normal set in the back of the room. It was Visual Arts. The only class I was good in. I tapped my pencil on the desk waiting for the class to begin. I watched the normal people walk in that I see everyday.

Stupid jocks, sluty preps, gang member wantibes. Their all the same though. Self centered, stay in their own cliché, hurtful people. They don’t care about anything other then popularity.

I sighed and looked up one more time to see some guy walk into the class. He had longish black hair. His lip was pierced. He stood kind of tall with skinny jeans and a tight-ish black shirt on.

He handed a note to the teacher, and was told to sit anywhere. He looked around the class room. Then stopped his eyes on me. He started walking towards me and was getting glares by everyone else. I put my head downward and started to tap my pencil again.

He set right in front of me at my table. I wouldn’t look up at him. I knew he was starring at me though. I could since it. I sighed again and shifted my eyes to the left.

“Hi.”

He broke the silence and my heart skipped a beat. I looked up at him and whispered hi back. He kind of smirked at me. I could tell my cheeks were turning red and I looked away again.

“Are you okay?”; he asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

I said looking past him because the teacher was starting his lesson. When class was over. I couldn’t wait to get out. I grabbed my things and almost rushed out of the door and into the crowd of people.