What If There Is No Light At The End Of The Tunnel

*Chapter 24*

We drove through the mudd and parked in the shade. Not too far away from the lake.

Everyone climbed out. Gerard and Ray grabbed fold out chairs from the back and carried them up to the side of the lake.

Bob got his fishing net and box. Then went off towards the far end of the lake. About a hundred yards away from where everyone else was.

Mikey and Merena got a blanket out. They wondered off to do their own thing. Everything in the back was then gone, except for the sleeping bag.

Frankie pulled the rest of the back down. Making a large flat surface in the back of the van. He then laid the sleeping bag out.

He helped me up and I laid down. He then crawled in next to me. Wrapping his arms around me.

I smiled and snuggled my head up against him. Almost on his chest and right under his neck. We staid that way for awhile.

I started to fall asleep. Until Frankie started to lightly sing. He had a beautiful voice. I couldn’t really make out what he was saying. But, he kept repeating; “I love you.”

I moved my head and looked up at him. He looked down at me.

“Did you hear me singing? I though you fell asleep.” He said. With his face flushing a bright red.

“Kind of. You were whispering it though. You have a beautiful voice.”

“Oh, thank-you.”

He kissed me, then I laid my head on his chest. He started to sing again. A couple of minutes later, I was fast asleep.