What If There Is No Light At The End Of The Tunnel

*Chapter 5*

The quietness of the room was nerve raking. They made me sit towards the back and had Frank sit in the front.

I took my notebook out and started to write and doodle in it. I would stop and look up at points and find him turned looking at me. Then turn back around.

I laughed quietly and put my notebook up. There was only three minutes left of school. When the bell rung, I put my bag around my shoulder and Frank got up and walked up to me.

“Are you a bus rider?”; he asked.

“Yeah, bus 311.”

“That’s the bus I have to ride. How come I didn’t see you this morning?”

“Oh, I sit towards the back of the bus.”

“I see. Can I sit next to you on the bus?” He asked as his face flushed into a reddish color.

“Sure.”

We walked to the bus and he followed me towards the back. I sat down and he set next to me and put his back-pack in his lap.

I looked out the window to see a boyfriend kissing his girlfriend good-bye. I sighed and looked down at my bag.

Frank noticed and looked away when I looked up towards the front of the bus. Then he looked towards the front too as a jock looking guy got on and started walking towards the back.

I squirmed and sanked low in my set as he sat in the row in front of us. I disliked him. He’s been making fun of me since the fifth grade. He turned around and looked at me.

“Who’s your new friend?”

I didn’t answer and Frank decided to for me.

“My name is Frank”; he said.

“Well, Frank? I advise you to stay away from her. Before she decides to cast a spell or something on you.”

Frank raised and eyebrow and said; “Fuck you man. She’s not like that.”

“What ever man. Its your choice.”

“I know it is. So, turn the fuck around.”

The jock was going to say something, then stopped because a preppy girl got on and set next to him.

I just set there quietly. Whispered thank-you. Then looked back out the window as the bus took off.