What If There Is No Light At The End Of The Tunnel

*Chapter 6*

I was one of the last bus stops. Frank gets off at the next bus stop two roads over.

He got up and let me pass him to get off. I took the key I had to the house and unlocked the door. I went up stairs and threw my stuff on the floor in my room.

I took a shower early and as soon as I got out the phone rang. I walked down the stairs in my pjs and picked up the phone on my way to the kitchen.

“Hello?”

“Hi, may I speak to Brittnie?”

“This is her.” I said while getting a coke out of the fridge.

“Oh, what’s up?”

“Nothing, just thought I would watch a movie.”

“Cool. What is it?”

“The House On Haunted Hill.”

“That’s a good movie?”

“Yeah, its my favorite.”

He did s little chuckle. “Okay.”

The conversation went on and before I knew it, my mom was walking in with my little brother. We’ve been talking for almost two hours.

“I have to go. My mom is home.”

“Okay, see you tomorrow?”

“Okay, byes.”

“Bye.”

I hung up the phone and walked into the kitchen to see what was for dinner. She brought home a bucket of chicken.

I ate half my share and went up stairs with out a word about who I was talking to on the phone. I knew she was going to ask.

I walked to my room and closed the door behind me. I had nothing to do. I didn’t have a DVD player in my room. So, I couldn’t watch my movie. So, I decided to draw until my mom yelled up the stairs to go to bed.

I put my sketch book up and went to the bath room to brush my teeth. Then, I went to my room and crawled under the covers and went to sleep.