What If There Is No Light At The End Of The Tunnel

*Chapter 9*

I heard my mom pull into the drive way. I got up and went to the couch and set down. She walked in and my little brother, William, came trailing in behind her.

“Hey honey. How was school today?”

I hesitated.

“It was okay. The same old same old.”

“I see. Well, get ready for dinner, while I find something to cook.

“Okay.”; I said, getting up and went upstairs to my room to drop my stuff off. Then went to the bath room.

I came back down to find we were having tacos. I ate about three of them and went upstairs.

I couldn’t stop thinking about that kiss all night. It took me forever to fall asleep.

When I woke up and got dressed. I meet my mom at the end of the stairs. She just looked at me like I was about to get the biggest punishment in my life.

“Why is there a boy at the door, by the name of Frankie?”

“Um,… I don’t know. He rides my bus.”

“Oh, I see. Well, you go and let him in or something. I got to get William up and dressed. He’s being lazy this morning.”

“Okay.”

She went up the stairs and I walked towards the door. I opened it and he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me in close to him.

“What are you doing?”; I asked.

“What? I can’t hold you?”

“We just meet. Not even two days ago.”

“So. Doesn’t mean we can’t be in a relationship?”; He said with a smirk on his face. My heart about melted. I sighed and looked into his eyes.

“I guess.”

“Then, you’ll be my girlfriend?”

“Yeah.”

He kissed me lightly on the lips as the bus honked its horn. I grabbed my bag and closed the door.

We walked towards the bus hand in hand. I got on first, then he followed me towards the back. We sat down, and he took my hand into his.