How Can You Laugh Last... ?

Break up

"Fine! I guess its over!" I slammed the door and ran up to my room throwing myself on the bed. Tears poured down my face soaking my pillow.  
That my friends was the sound of my latest break up, which will be all over school by the time I get there tomarrow. 
It just sucks! I can't believe he just broke up with me like that! Like I haven't been with him for the last two years! We were supposed to go to prom together. We had everything planned. I can't believe he would just dump me. No forewarning or anything. We went on a date. A nice dinner at Julio's, my favorite pizza place, then a movie in the park. Then he walked me to the door and right as I was leaning in for a kiss, he said "I think we should break up". 
Like the past two years meant nothing. Nothing at all to him.
I cried, and cried, and cried, until my throat was sore from sobbing and my eyes refused to spit out more tears. I tossed and turned for a while before finally throwing my pillow against the wall and falling back on my bed. I stayed that way, staring at the ceiling, not knowing the exact moment I fell into a fitful dreamless slumber.

Since the moment my shrill alarm woke this morning, I've been trying to find an excuse not to go to school. But my parents wouldn't buy it, and what would people think of me? If i don't show up, I'm a coward. If I do, I wouldn't be able to stand those pitying looks. How do people even find out these things?! It doesn't make any sense. 
 Well, who cares what they think? I'll be out of here in a few months. I am going to show them that I am stronger than they think. 
Mostly, I really just don't wanna see him. I'm afraid I'll do something stupid. Sometimes I just get so worked up, I can't control it. 

No matter how much makeup I tried, I couldn't cover the large dark circles around my eyes. Giving up, I wiped the layers of makeup from my face. Adding a little concealer letting my already dark skin cover what the makeup couldn't.  
My school has a dress code but know one inforces it, no one listens. After a while of looking though my closet I finally found the perfect outfit.
Looking in the mirror of my vanity, I tied a pink bow in my hair to finish the out fit and was off. I quickly grabbed my ipod, purse, phone, and keys, making my way out the door.

On my way to school I stopped at starbucks to buy two vanilla lattes, on with a double shot of expresso to get me through the day, and two chocolate Frappes.
I parked my car in the student lot. Looking around there weren't many people here yet. I decided it would be better to wait instead of venturing the halls by myself. Turning up the music and sipping my latte, I leaned back in my seat hoping to rest a little before facing the day.
After a few moments later there was a knock on my window. Opening my eyes, i looked over he passenger seat seeing Alex and Samantha. They both were smiled weakly at me waving. I grabbed my things and got out handing them their drinks. 
"So where is Nichole?" I asked no one in particular as we walked towards the school sipping our drinks. 
"She had to turn in some report. Ms. M let her have that extra credit she's been asking for. She said she'd meet us at the lockers." Said Alex. "Okay" I replied as we walked to our lockers and sure enough Nichole was right there leaning against the blue lockers. The blue bringing out her eyes.
"Hey girlies. she greeted offering me a real smile. I smiled back handing her her chocolate frappe. I opened my locker grabbing all my books so I wouldn't have to come back until after last period. 
The silence was starting to grate my nerves. " So whats up for the weekend?" i asked closing my locker. 
"we could have a beach day" suggested Samantha. 
"Movies?" asked Nichole. 
I looked from them to Alex. "Party!" we said in unison. 
Nichole and Samantha laugh as we headed off to home room, which we all had together. 
I ignored the looks and whispers as I walked down the hall. I could already tell this was going to be a long day. Thank god it's friday!
♠ ♠ ♠
Re-written and edited.
What do you think?