You're a Lush and I Hate It

Two.

I woke up with my left arm hanging over my bed and the other on top of my eyes whilst my mouth lay agape. I slowly removed the arm from my eyes before slamming it down onto the alarm clock. I groaned before I heard his car pull up, beeping five times with no pause in between before grunting into park. I quickly got dressed and put some toast into the toaster, putting two plates, knives, butter and honey out on the bench.

"Honey, I'm home!" Adam shouted before running into the kitchen.

"How the hell are you so perky and hyper at this time on a Monday?" I mumbled to him, which he just replied with a smile and wink of his eye before whispering "magic!" and grinned wider.

"I knew those vitamins would wake you up more," I grumbled to myself before he took a seat at the long rectangular table and looked at the bench a few feet away.

"Toast?" he questioned before I nodded. He stretched his arms high up before yawning and dragging them back down. As soon as his hands hit the wood, the toast popped with a spring like noise. Adam took his plate and I got the toast out, placing one piece on mine and the other on his before placing two more into the cozy covered machine. He noisily spread the butter on, making scratching noises whilst I waited until he was done.

He wiped the knife on the container and handed it to me before starting with the honey. A few minutes later, the second round of toast popped up, hotter than the now cool toast pieces half-eaten on our plates. Adam got them this time, doing the same thing I had done. Ten minutes later, honey was in his hair, butter on my arm and crumbs scattered all over the floor. We'd had an epic toast fight which resulted in us lying on the floor, clutching our sides while the two pieces of toast slid down the walls.

I reluctantly got up, still laughing every now and then, to clean up the mess we'd made. I wet a tea towel before taking the butter off my arm with it. I threw it to Adam before taking the toast off the walls and chucking them into the bin. I placed the plates and knives in the sink, the butter in the fridge and the honey with the other spreads in a small cupboard. Adam placed his head into the sink, turning the taps on and messily rinsed out the honey. He threw his head back, splaying water everywhere, before running up to the bath room to dry his hair.

"Towels are in the closet in the laundry!" I yelled up to him before turning the taps off.

"Thank you!" he shouted back down, "and just so you know, the honey was mine to use!"

"Keep telling yourself that, lush!" I laughed before he ran down and stood behind me, poking my back and repeating mine! I turned around and tugged on his fringe lightly before hearing the school bus drive past.

"Time to go, school and naive girls beckon!" he shouted, pushing his fist up into the air before grinning cheekily and grabbing our bags. I locked up and joined him outside before we drove to school.

Nothing interesting happened at school, just the usual classes with the usual teachers and usual students. I slowly made my way up to the parking lot to meet Adam. I waited beside his car, waving occasionally at the other students leaving before I saw him running towards me, screaming, "get in the car now!" I did as I was instructed, using my copy of his keys before unlocking his door and putting the keys in the ignition.

"What did you do now?" I asked him before I saw a group of guys came racing up the path, "Oh let me guess, you flirted with one of their girls, right?" I asked before he smiled sheepishly and reversed the car out, hitting the accelerator when the car was right way around.

Typical I thought to myself before placing a disc into the radio, pressing play as soon as it had loaded. The music played quietly in the background as he explained what had happened, laughing occasionally about how she had flirted mercilessly back and that the guys should have been chasing her, not him. I nodded along, smiling every now and then and putting my opinions forward on the matter. Like I said before, it was typical of him to do these things, and sometimes it seems like I've heard it all before, but each time with different names.

"Well, that's how I get my daily exercise session," he laughed when I asked him about flirting with girls that were taken, "it's also a good way to see which girls stay faithful and which ones are just pretending their 'love' for the other half," he answered. I nodded thoughtfully before he spoke again, "see, with you I know you'd stay faithful to whoever you were with at the time, but with some of the other girls, they'll flirt right in front of their boyfriends, mocking them in a way," he explained.

"Then, why don't you have a girlfriend at the moment if your able to tell so easily?" I questioned before his face dropped a bit.

"The ones I've liked, never stay faithful," he stated in a firm a voice, half his attention on the road and the other half on what he just said.

"Oh," I breathed softly before looking out my window. We were near his house, only a street away I judged before he turned into the second last street, knuckles white on the steering wheel. His grip loosened up as we turned into his street, no cars in his drive way yet. He quickly parked before we both got out. He pressed a button on the keys and locked the car, grabbing his house keys from his right pocket before thrusting them into the door. He fiddled with them before it made a clicking noise and the door opened. We threw our bags off to the side and headed to his room.

His room was bigger than mine, twice the size and width. He flicked the stereo on before crashing on his bed. He closed his eyes and silently sung along, the pitch near perfect. He stopped and jumped up, turning the radio off and picking up a notebook.

I've been working on some lyrics. Wanna hear 'em?" He gently smiled, cocking his right eyebrow with a curious expression on his face.

"Sure," I gave a shrug of my shoulders before he flipped the book open, turning page after page of scratchy writing before stopping at one covered in ink. He sat back where he was before and I joined him. He cleared his throat, joking around before getting serious and parting his lips, letting the music flow out.

"Passed out in our school clothes so we'd wake up in our Sunday's best
I never asked for your opinion, I just got it and I get it
You move slow like daytime drama
And I'm boring like his songs
So while I'm taking you for granted
We'll be humming along

"Well cross my heart and hope to...
I'm lying just to keep you here
So reckless, so,
So thoughtless, so,
So careless, I could care less

"Cross my heart and hope to...
I'm lying just to keep you here
(So reckless)
Well she's so heartless,
And I could care less

"So paint your face up something elegant
And this town maybe a darker shade of red
Cause a long night means a fist fight
Against your pillow and my pearly whites
I want to hear you scream you like me better on my knees and that's all I've got so far," I laughed when he finished before he winked and smiled.

"Do you use that with all the girls you flirt with?" I raised an eyebrow at him before asking.

"No, just you," he smiled.

"Ah, I feel so special now," I laughed again.

"You should, I shared my first serious-ish lyrics with you," Adam smirked.

"Serious? You're in a band, too, right?" I questioned. He gave a shrug of his shoulders before nodding an answer.

"So, like it?" he wriggled his eyebrows around as he spoke and I smiled before answering.

"Suggestive, good tune, pitch could be better," I joked, "so yeah, heaps good," I grinned. He grinned back before I received a call from my mum. I had to go home, unfortunately.

"Time to go?" he asked before I nodded. He took the phone away from my ear and explained to my mum that I'd be home shortly. I smiled as he gave my phone back and he returned the same smile. We locked up the house and he drove me home, each of us speaking about school and the song.

I Want You To Want Me came on and I turned it up, singing along. Adam gave me a bewildered look and laughed before singing along too. I was home just as the song finished. Adam walked me in and handed me my bag before giving a quick wave to my mum and walking back out. I threw my bag into my room and started talking to mum about school. She seemed distracted, so I asked her what was wrong.

"Oh nothing, just a phone call I received earlier," she said, no expression in her voice, almost in a state of hypnosis.

"Mum, what was the phone call about?" I asked, worry etched onto my features before she looked down, staring longinly at her feet, almost asking for an answer from them. She looked back up at me with oblique eyebrows before speaking.

"You know aunty Magda?" She questioned. I nodded in response before she sighed.

"She's currently in hospital. She had a heart attack at lunch time, the doctors think it was caused by stress. She's already had surgery and the doctors said she was lucky to have lived. I'm going to visit her tomorrow, you can come if you'd like, but I understand if you don't. Nobody likes seeing someone they love in so much pain," she shook her head at the last words.

I stood still, frozen, taking it all in before leaning on the bench beside me with one hand holding my head up. My breath became shaky as realization came rushing through before mum handed me a paper bag. I hadn't realized I was going through a panic attack and of how bad a degree until I heard my breathing. I laid down on the lounge, taking slower breaths and closing my eyes, trying to circulate the air back through my lungs. It just didn't seem to be getting through. Mum helped me and it stopped ten minutes later before I rushed up to my room. I laid down onto my bed and turned my stereo up, letting the music drown out everything else.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like it a lot more now. The other chapter was a fair bit cliche and I think it's way too early to have cliches in it.
Okay, comments make my day lovelies. Reccing, too.