You're a Lush and I Hate It

Five

We pulled into the driveway and I got out before Adam locked the car up. I unlocked the door to the house before walking up the stairs to my room. I opened it and threw myself down onto the bed, feeling energy that had been making me fly across the room previously, now disappear.

Adam popped in soon after I arrived and sat on the edge of the bed, pulling at loose threads on one of the blankets.

"She looked really good. I was so scared she was going to look.." I trailed off and Adam finished for me, "like death had come to pay her a visit?" I merely nodded before sighing happily.

"Thank God she didn't." I smiled to myself and Adam murmured in agreeance.

"Now what?" I smiled. He gave a shrug of his shoulders and I sat up, pushing his shoulders gently. He gave a rough shove back and I punched him on his forearm. He laughed and said something about it not hurting before pushing my shoulder rougher than before and throwing me off balance. I landed back down on my side and started to laugh.

"You suck!" I exclaimed before he pulled me up. I gave him a cheeky smile before licking his cheek and running out the door to pick up the phone.

"What do you want for dinner, Adam?" I yelled up the stairs before I heard a faint call of 'pizza!' come back down.

I nodded to myself before dialling the local pizza hut and ordering two hawaiian's and meatlovers. Adam ran down the stairs shortly after I hung up and I told him they'd be here within the hour. He nodded before bounding over to the lounge, swinging his legs over the back of it with both hands gripping tightly on it as he did so, and landing with a light thud on the cushions. He reached over to the coffee table, hitting the power button on the remote and flipping on one of the music channels.

It was a familiar song and I danced my way over before Adam got up and we started waltzing along the lounge room floor. We looked like idiots, but we were having fun and nobody else was home yet. The song finished and we collapsed onto one another on the lounge, sinking in comfortably as an old video clip of Nirvana came on. I took the remote from where Adam had put it and turned it up. I hummed along quietly as a little girl wearing a ku klux klan hat skipped across the screen. It was easily one of my favourite songs by Nirvana and Adam tapped the beat of the song on his knee as we watched it.

"School tomorrow." I pointed out as the last riff of the song died out to be taken over by a techno beat. Adam nodded slowly, half listening to me and the television.

"I've got homework, how about you?" He questioned. I murmured a same before getting up. I offered my hand and he took it before I pulled him up and walked back up to my room. His school bag lay off to the side, he'd brought it with him in the truck when we visited Magda. Sunday was our school work day, and it worked out pretty well. If he had a hangover, I could help him deal with it while also battling the evil forces of algebraic equations or he'd help me with a music performance. The different mindsets put together were a blessing on Sundays.

He grabbed his bag from where it lay and placed it on top of the desk in the corner, pulling out a trio of textbooks and notebooks while I got a pencil case full of blue and red pens out from the desk's drawer. I looked in my planner and noticed I had actually completed all of my homework so put everything that I thought I would need away in a separate pile. Adam, meanwhile, was stuck on a question in maths.

"Hey, do you know how to do trig?" He asked, looking at his paper in confusion and annoyance, scratching the back of his head lightly. I nodded and picked the paper the problem was on up and gave it a quick skim over. I'd learnt this a bit earlier and knew it pretty well.

"Okay, well, this looks pretty simple. Which question?" I looked down at him and he held up four fingers. I nodded down at the sheet before explaining it to him. I wrote the formula down and as he looked over the working out a happy sigh left his lips.

"Thank you! How do you understand this crap?"

"Just need to understand it is all. Helps if your teacher wants to help you learn, too." I pointed out. He laughed and argued back, "just 'cause I annoy my teacher."

"Exactly! That's why she goes on the other side of the grounds whenever we pass her at school." I laughed, too but waited patiently as he finished filling out the sheet. I looked over his answers and gave him a thumbs up, everything was accurate and right when he finished. He quickly tucked it away and put all the books away. I still don't know why he had those many out when he only did the one worksheet, but Adam was a very strange person when he wanted to be.

"Hey man, there's a party going on tonight at Luke's. Want to go?" Adam gave me a curious look and I let an unsure one reveal itself.

"I don't know, Adam, it's a Sunday night. I don't know if I want to only get four hours sleep waiting for you to finish having fun." I explained.

"Come on, Annie, it'll be fun! I promise! And, I invited Rubano tonight, too." He smirked. He had me there, if Matt was there he'd help me look after Alcoholic Adam and he always tried to make sure I smiled at least once around him. I sighed, caving in and agreed to it finally.

"Yes!" Adam cried out in victory, complete with fist punch in the air. I merely sighed and began to dread what I had agreed to.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is filler, I'm probably going to write up another chapter tonight so keep your eyes peeled.

Yeah, I kind of added Matt Rubano after his and Fazzi's departure from the band but the guys were bound to show up at some time or another in the story anway. Fazzi, Mark and Eddie will be in the next chapter and I'll try to make the next point of view either from Adam (Thanks to The Colour Abi Fazzi for the suggestion and for prompting me to write some more) or a split chapter between Annie and Adam.

Also, I recently (recently being February 21st) went to the Australian rock festival, Soundwave. I met Taking Back Sunday and got them to sign my shirt. They were all super nice but I could barely talk and barely managed to hold a conversation with Rubano. (He said something along the lines of 'hey, how are you?' in this really friendly voice and I barely stuttered out a 'Good, you?' to which he replied 'That's good, I'm doing pretty good myself." or something along those lines and Fazzi signed my shirt with a heart + TBS next to it. It was pretty cool.) I got to watch their set for about forty minutes before having to crowdsurf out because it felt like it was about 60 degrees celcius in the pit. I had to watch the last twenty minutes outside of the pit because security wouldn't let me back into the pit. It was really great, and I'll link videos next chapter.