Never The Same

I've Been Waiting So Long

Jessica grumbled to herself, waking up to yet another phone call with Max’s ring tone, removing her eye mask, she grabbed her phone; turning it off. She rolled over, grabbing the blanket pulling it over her shoulders, stuffing her hands under her chin as she drifted off into a helpless sleep, and for some reason, flashbacks from the Friday before came into her dream.


Friday

“Just so you know, when I drink I don’t stop until I can’t tell red from blue,” Jessica mumbled to Ayden and Max.

“You’ll fit in perfectly with Ronnie, Craig, Nikole and this boy right here,” Ayden laughed, pointing to Max.

“Well, that’s good, I’d hate to be alone,” Jessica smiled, sipping lightly at her beverage of raspberry Vodka, Sunny Delight, and Cranberry juice.

“You sure don’t seem like that type, just sipping at the drink,” Craig noted.

“I don’t start throwing stuff back until I’m way drunk, but if you’ve ever watched me make a drink or watched me order a drink, you’d know that this is at 75% liquor,” Jessica responded, holding her glass up, showing it off.

“Ahh, got it, so when are you usually drunk,” Craig asked, holding the ‘u’ out in drunk.

“After one of these,” Jessica smiled, holding her glass up again.

“Mkay, and when do you think you’ll be finished with that?” Craig asked, again.

“When it’s empty!” Jessica smirked. “Why do you ask so many damn questions?” Jessica asked, taking the straw stinking out of her drink between her forefinger and thumb, swirling it around the glass.

“I don’t know, I’m a curious person, I guess,” Craig shrugged, pulling Ayden closer to him.

“You’re gonna die!” Jessica gasped, pointing at him.

Craig’s eyebrow went up. “And why do you say that, Jessie?”

“Curiosity killed the cat!”

“Uhm…Jessie…I’m not a cat,” Craig stated, slowly.

Jess rolled her eyes. “Figure of speech, dumbass.”

· · ·

“Maxie, you’re so cute!” Jessica slurred, downing her fifth whiskey. “Your eyes are so adorable! Ah, you’re just adorable!”

“Bitch was right, she fucking knows how to start a party,” Ayden said to Nikole, watching Jessica flirt around Max, before turning on the iPod dock, and began to blare loud music.

“Max,” she slurred, holding the letters out. “Come dance with me!”

And just like the night almost a week ago, Jessica found herself, she was grinding into Max with dignity, but class had left her system with the last chug of her first drink. Ayden, who had easily become one of Jessica’s favorite people since they met a few days before, was watching carefully, making sure no one did anything that would be regretted, ever. However, Jessica didn’t care, when she was drunk…she was a completely different person; she was the person she always wanted to be, but she could never be that way sober, Lord knows. Turning around, so her back was pressed tightly against Max’s chest, she raised her hands above her head, slipping her fingers through Max’s hair, as the bass booming in the music flowed with her hips, which were swaying in between his.

Now, Max, he really did enjoy this. When he saw her at the club, swaying between people, grinding low, and such, he couldn’t help but wish he was the one who was getting that attention from her, and now he was. He knew he should stop this, she was clearly falling off her horse, but he couldn’t bring himself to remove his being from hers, this felt so comfortable. Max felt like he was taking advantage of the poor girl, he was drinking, but he wasn’t drunk, and it was obvious to a blind, deaf, and dumb person that Jessica was. He just couldn’t stop himself, as his hands moved to grasp her hips tightly in his hands, as she continued to comb her hands through his hair in a way that made him want to moan out.

In one swift motion, she turned, her hands clinging to his, holding them tighter on her hips as she swayed. Winking at Max, lifting her hands above her head, grinning. Max could feel heat rising through his body at such a simple movement, a shudder seizing his spine, making him twitch. Jessica saw this, and decided to take advantage.

“Did I just make Maxie shiver?” Jessica asked in a baby voice, running her finger down his chest.

Shivering again, Max shrugged. “Maybe, maybe not.”

“Maybe, maybe not, eh?” Jessica clicked her tongue. “You know, sometimes you don’t always have to buy me a meal…” she purred…


Jessica pulled herself up from her pillow with so much force, it almost hurt. Rubbing the rest of the sleep out of her eyes, she got up, remembering that night was truly a nightmare. No matter how many voicemails she listened to that told her everything was fine or texts she read, she could not bring herself to look at them. She has made a fool of herself at the party, and when she sobered up after Max pushed her away and told her to cool her horses, she realized how stupid she must of looked. She ran out of the house, and got far away so they couldn’t find her, she felt real stupid.

· · ·

“Yeah, sure, Stacey,” Jessica sighed, smoothing down her shirt with her hand. After finally showing up to her first day of class, she learned the snobby lady who she had previously met was named Stacey.

“And then you can leave,” Stacey said with a smirk, and adding on underneath her breath. “No on wants you here anyway,” to which Jessica just rolled her eyes.

It wasn’t all that well hidden that Stacey had a problem with Jessica, what the problem was…well, that was hidden. So, Jessica just put up with it, but now she was wishing she had given up the idea of doing make up and focused on taking pictures, because dealing with this hag just wasn’t worth it.

She fumbled with the papers, placing them in a hectic order before grabbing her purse and exiting the building. Grabbing her favorite pair of sunglasses from her bag she placed them over her eyes, taking in the now shaded city around. Weaving through the tourists and natives of this humid state, she began to mutter the words to her new favorite song, by Max’s band, underneath her breath, “Something so profound, something you won't expect. Take this scripture like a picture and wear it around your neck, the sky it opens up; don't get swallowed by the flames. What's mine is yours and yours is mine, so take me away.

“Hmm, so you like that song?” a voice appeared out of nowhere, causing Jessica to jump off the ground, clutching her hand to her chest, she stopped walking looking at who had just spoken to her. “Why are you avoiding me, Ducky?” Max sighed, grabbing a hold of her hand, so she couldn’t walk away from him.

“I’m not avoiding you,” Jess answered, lowering her head.

“So not replying to a zillion voicemails and calls, and a billion texts is not avoiding someone?” Max questioned, an eyebrow raising in amusement.

“That is exactly what I’m saying!” Jessica exclaimed to the pavement.

“So…why have you not been answering my zillion voicemails and calls, and a billion texts then?” Max smiled at how cute Jessie was acting.

“Ugh! Because I acted like a fool last week, I mean, seriously. I’m such a stupid drunk! I don’t know how people put up with me when I drink, I’m…I suck when I’m drunk,” Jess sighed, taking the hand that wasn’t in Max’s grasp to her forehead, rubbing in a circular motion between her eyes with her forefinger and middle finger.

Max smiled. “Oh, Jessie, shut up. You’re an adorable, fun, loving drunk! Besides, I can’t say that I hated dancing with you and you coming on to me, it was nice.”

“Whatever, you’re just saying that.”

“Maybe I am, maybe I’m not. But come on, the guys and girls miss you so much, and I’m going to band practice, and well…you don’t have a choice, you’re coming with me!” Max grinned, pulling Jessica down the length of road to his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Party.
PJs.
School.