Status: indefinite hiatus

Consciousness and Confidence

Chapter 3

Everyone does something different when they get drunk. I tend to dance. So that is exactly what I was doing.

"Move!" I yelled, beer in hand, at a couple getting in the way of my dancing by myself. Jay was standing not to far away from me, dancing with her own guy and laughing at me.

I couldn't see straight, and I definitely couldn't walk straight, but dancing was easy for me, and the song that had come on was calling for me.

As I made my way closer to the speakers I grabbed an arm and began dancing. I needed someone for this song, and didn't really care who it was.

I began to dance behind this guy, swinging my hips and really getting into it. I didn't care who he was, or if any of my friends saw me dancing like a whore, I was having a good time, and at that moment, it's all that mattered.

I felt the guy put his hands on my hips and dance with me. I smirked and continued.
Once the song ended and a new one replaced it, I felt the guys breath on the back of my neck. "You know, I don't think you brother would like seeing you like this." A cocky whisper came from behind me. I instantly froze. I knew that voice, drunk or not.

"Brian?" I said shocked.

I felt his body move up and down as he laughed against me. I turned around, pulling away from him while swaying a bit in my spot. As I though, he stood behind me, his cocky smirk plastered onto his face. "Hey there Ryyan." His voice held nothing but amusement.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned, unhappy and worried that Brian would ruin all my fun.

He laughed again, and I glared. Was that all he could do? "I'm here for the same reason you are, to party."

I nodded a bit, understanding that he was just as big of a partier as I was. "Are the guys here too?" I slurred a bit, before taking a sip of my since-forgotten beer.

He smirked wider at me and slowly grabbed my beer from my hand before I could take another sip. "You shouldn't be drinking this, little miss. It's against the law." I snorted, giving him an areyouserious look. "Matt would not be happy if he found you."

If I hadn't been sobered up by this encounter already, that definitely did it. "They are here?" I whispered, nervous.

He nodded. "We travel in a pack, you see. We've just got this whole love thing going on, and we can't dare to be seperated." His sarcastic tone told me he was having fun messing with my inebriated head.

"Ugh, stop avoiding the question!" I yelled. "Are they here with you are not?"

He shook his head, wagging a finger in my face. "Little girls shouldn't raise their voices. It's not polite."

By now, Brian had really gotten on my last nerve. "Come off of it you stupid shithead. You're about one year older than I am and have no right to criticize what I do. Nor do you have the right to make fun of me. So just tell me if they're fucking here or not!" I yelled even louder in his face. I stormed up to him and took my beer back from his grip. "And don't steal my beer." I hissed, chugging the rest of it down.

I could tell he was a bit shocked by my outburst, but none the less, that stupid smirk was still on his face.

"Ryyan? What the hell do you think you're doing here?" I heard from behind me. Oh no, that voice. That familiar, brotherly voice. I cringed and turned around to face my furious brother, attempting to hide my beer in the process.

"Hey-y Matt." I said sheepishly. "Good party, r-right?"

He scowled at me, sticking out his hand. "Get over here. Now."

I dropped my bottle down behind me, hoping he wouldn't see, and slowly made my way over to him. It was at this time did I notice Zacky standing behind Matt with a cheerful expression on his face. "Shove off, Zacky." I muttered. He just smiled wider. Now I understood why him and Brian were friends.

I reached my brother, and looked at him with as much innocence I could muster up.

"Why are you here?" he asked.

"I felt like a last-hoorah was in order."

He sighed. "Ryyan, please go home. You're flight leaves tomorrow. You don't need to be here and get messed up in shit like this."

Sadly, but slightly willingly I nodded. "I'll see you when I get there." I began to walk away but he called me to stop. I groaned and turned back around. "What now?"

"Brian's going to drive you home."

Awh, fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd greatly appriciate feedback :)